Is your case scratching the chamfered aluminum edge on your Note 4?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This gets to one of my main reservations about the N4. While it is not (as some might say) too large for a phone, it is nevertheless a large device to be carrying around, and the pockets and pouches that worked on smaller thingies may not be big enough or otherwise adequate for this tech slab. (But that's kind of OT for this thread.)
I have the bear motion one. It's big, but it's slim. If I have it in the pouch inside of a jean pocket, it's no more cumbersome than when I have the Slim armor case on.

I'm probably going to get a different one that has a slot for credit cards so it can double as a wallet. I don't like the folio cases, so this is a good option for me.

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you happen to have a convenient link to the cases you're describing?

The idea of a good one that doubles as a wallet.... or a wallet that contained a compartment for the N4... could be a good thing.

At the end of the day, the phone IS your wallet.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been getting scratches too from the spigen tough armor case. My wife has the hybrid case from spigen and hers has no scratches. I find it hard to believe that debris is the cause. When I take my phone out I don't see any debris especially anything that would cause scratches.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to have a convenient link to the cases you're describing?

The idea of a good one that doubles as a wallet.... or a wallet that contained a compartment for the N4... could be a good thing.

At the end of the day, the phone IS your wallet.
http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4106250

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4106250

First one is the one I'm using. It's tight when you first get it, but the more you use it, the better it fits. I push the phone in all the way, and it's super tight. To get it out, I push from the end so that it sticks out a little and then pull it the rest of the way. The negative reviews are complaints about the tight fit, but I like that because I know the phone won't slip out.

Another user here recommended the wallet type one that is posted second. I may get that next.

Tim VeePee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the Spigen case and yes it has scratched mine. The problem is, even though the plastic is soft, its still to hard. When you slide the case off it scuffs the edges because its so tight. The thing is if I want to remove my SDcard or just switch cases, I can't do it often because eit gets a new scratch. I usually use the flip case. I bought this case specifically because I wanted to protect the metal sides which I know will damage if dropped.

I don't have as many scratches a the guy in the photo, but I have some.
Is there a way to buff them out is what I'd want to know.

The problem with Samsung latest phones, is it not as easy to replace that middle piece as it was on the Note 2. On the Note 2, you removed all the screws and use a tool to scoop the display out of the middle section. The Note 3 didn't allow this. You had to remove everything and place it on the new piece like you're building the phone. That sucks. The Note 4 I need to look at the video, but I am sure its similar.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me it is a tough deal all around. But as far as the Spigen cases go...I had two of them here in the early days of case hunting. One I sent back and one I modified. So it is still here. But i won't use it. My experience was that they were tight on entry and removal but that the fit was a bit off once you had the N4 in the case. So to me that looked like the worst of both situations......probably risking some scratches putting the N4 in the case or removing it and then a few more just because the N4 was moving around a bit in the case while it was in there. I have been thoroughly unimpressed with Spigen's case effort with regard to the N4.

Paul Caliz

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I also use a spigen protective case. It ruined my aluminum metal finished note 4 Bezel. And it pissed me off. But we cant blame spigen or other brands. Because we are not forced to buy and use it. But definitely it is caused by this spigen product.

Paul Caliz

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I also use a spigen protective case. It ruined my aluminum metal finished note 4 Bezel. And it pissed me off. But we cant blame spigen or other brands. Because we are not forced to buy and use it. But definitely it is caused by this spigen product.

adobepro

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
My Defender for the Note 4 scratched my edges. I have the defender for the S4, and the fit was perfect in the plastic shell. For the Note 4, I had to apply some force to fit it into the bottom shell and then apply force on the top shell to click into the notches. It was one of those I should've known better but this should just work frustration moments where I knew it was going to scratch the frame and I should've stopped there but continued. In hindsight, I should have applied some tape to the edges, but Otterbox should have used the same soft material they have on the inner plastic shell around the shell to prevent this. This is just bad, a new $700 phone scratched by a device that is supposed to protect it. Maybe a little vein, but c'mon, I'm using this monster protector to protect it from scratches, dings and falls, and already it's scratched up. Not happy, and won't use Otterbox anymore. I'll post some pics tonight once I open it up to get my SIM card number

kns_soon

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Verus Thor case! It doesn't leave any scratches on the bezel too. I use it for 3 month and have dropped couple of times. Today i took off to check, its still fine. But reminder if you want to buy the verus thor case, please take out the plastic case first before pulling off the rubber one off your phone.

Mecomug

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I am using the tech 21 cover. No scratches. It's a great looking cover and has the added protection. It doesn't make the phone feel bulky either. I highly recommend it

Posted via the Android Central App