Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Its far from a fix but the shutter sound generated through the speaker is perfectly placed so you can easily cover it with your middle finger when capturing photos with your index finger.

There's some symbolism in there somewhere.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Open Google now and tell it to "do a barrel roll" or "tilt"

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355602632638.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355602632638.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 72

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I think people have already tried that and it doesn't work anymore. The only thing found so far is to plug in headphones/earphones, which will disable it. Personally, I don't care about the camera sound, but I understand why some people have problems with it when taking pictures of pets and other skittish subjects when it is quiet and will flinch from the sound, disturbing the scene.

I have a pair of earbuds that don't work.... That's what their purpose is now... Disabling my camera shutter. YAY for not throwing away broken things lol.

Edit: when I tried to take a pic of my sleeping puppy, the sound made her move :-( so the sound really irritates me.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a pair of earbuds that don't work.... That's what their purpose is now... Disabling my camera shutter. YAY for not throwing away broken things lol.

Edit: when I tried to take a pic of my sleeping puppy, the sound made her move :-( so the sound really irritates me.

you know what you could do with the headphones. just cut the tip (the part that goes into the headphone jack) and plug it in your phone whenever you want to take a picture or just leave it in if you are in an area where you will be taking lots of pictures. this way you won't have to deal with the annoying headphone cable getting in the way

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
you know what you could do with the headphones. just cut the tip (the part that goes into the headphone jack) and plug it in your phone whenever you want to take a picture or just leave it in if you are in an area where you will be taking lots of pictures. this way you won't have to deal with the annoying headphone cable getting in the way

BRILLIANT! +1

secretmethod70

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but it really sucks that suddenly there are all these apps we can't disable. Before I think it was just a few, including Sprint Zone that were non-disableable.

I WAS able to disable Friend Stream, so not sure why you can't. I also discovered that you can now disable apps even when they have updates installed. Before you used to have to remove updates before you could disable something (which was irritating).

Add to your list of those not allowed to be disabled- Flickr for HTC Sense.

But thanks for the "hide" tip! I didn't even know it was an option!

Yes HTC upping the apps we couldn't disable was definitely my first peeve about this update but it's nice that they added the option to hide all their bloat from us. I just hope none of these apps start running in the background.

FYI, the hide options seems the best available now, but I've noticed the apps will still clutter the share menu.

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not so much a tip but an inquiry. I noticed I can see emojicons (with a nice android style) now, finally. I've been going through the keyboard settings and can't find any way to activate the androemojicons anyone know why? I read a tutorial to activate it, but it was for stock jelly bean (not sense) I believe. :mad: :(

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes! :D hey, this is pretty decent for right now. I'm happy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355618352635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355618352635.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 81

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You can transfer pictures via nfc

Technically, no you can't. You can *initiate* a transfer of a photo from the stock GALLERY (only) application through NFC, and the photo is then sent via Bluetooth (I believe). NFC does not have the bandwidth to transfer photos [in a reasonable time frame]. And it doesn't seem to work with non-brain-dead photo display apps like QuickPic for some reason. I guess the app has to be aware of the new API or something.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Did u guys see that the paste has been fixed? It used to attach your text paste to the previous or nearest word, or period of the prior sentence. Seems to be fixed now.

The new kb stuff is still irritating tho.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a fix to the proximity issue when dealing with calls? It's beginning to become annoying...

I really don't think there is. As this was an issue on this phone in the past and even then you had two options....replace your phone, or wait for a fix from HTC. I've done 5 hard resets, even wiping the cache partion through recovery and nothing has worked. I took it in to a Sprint repair center today and they couldn't fix it either. They offered a replacement for $35(I don't have TEP)...but I think I'll wait a little longer. Luckily for me I rarely use my phone as a phone and when I do I'm in the car connected to bluetooth handsfree operation.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been testing my proximity on the phone since Friday and there are not any issues on mine . Are you rooted, maybe that's the difference.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

kiddosk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
From my experience with my previous EVO, if you leave the wifi/connections optimizer on, the phone will periodically search for an open network. If it finds one, it connects automatically. If you want your wifi on at all times, leave it on. Personally, I turn the wifi on when I need it. I don't want it on all the time. Saves battery life that way.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana