Lag fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrobinsky

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Nm im a dope lol. I never ran setcpu. It doesn't say to do that in the guide, or atleast i didnt see it. Clocked it to 1200 and got a 1880 with NOTHING running. Any ideas why so low?

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Will the lagfix be necessary when 2.2 comes out and other than higher QS scores and possible improved battery life, what other benefits does Voodoo have?

bL33d

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
If u install the lagfix can it be reversed by restoring a older clockwork nandroid?

And do u have to use conservative setting in setcpu?

Mu9enx

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Question! I've tried searching, but it seems that the unlagfixme only works on the older voodoo? I installed the new D02LV1250 first, but it didn't seem to work great at all.. so to remove it can I also use the unlagfixme? I did that and then installed the D02SV1200, but I don't know if it was done correctly because I don't know if I removed the older D02LV1250.. cuz when I started it up again after installing the D02SV1200 there wasn't a robot voice. Thanks in advance!

TooLmaN

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Which Kernel?

I've had success so far rooting and installing all the needed apps. I have a Verizon Fascinate and I'm not sure which kernel to choose? How do I know which one I need/want? I didn't understand the voltage options you posted.

Thanks

4th-day Android owner :cool:

TooLmaN

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Update

I've had success so far rooting and installing all the needed apps. I have a Verizon Fascinate and I'm not sure which kernel to choose? How do I know which one I need/want? I didn't understand the voltage options you posted.

Thanks

4th-day Android owner :cool:

Ok, so I have read this thread completely and decided to install the LV-1250 kernel. Everything installed great but I can't clock this thing over 800MHz. The SetCPU scale jumps in increments (100, 200, 400, 800, 1250). If I set it on 1250, it locks up and I have to pull the battery. 800 is the most stable.

Should I try the 1100 or 1200 kernels? What about LV vs SV?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

tjk#AC

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Please remove the ext2 lagfix if you have it

If you have the lagfix that was posted here installed you should remove the lagfix as it is obsolete now that we have voodoo kernels.

If you are unsure if you have this installed or not please dont attempt anything without checking. If you have a voodoo kernel installed already then you do not need to continue.

[How to check(easy way)]
Download quadrant from the Market(its free)
run full benchmark
If you are getting scores below 1000 then skip ahead to install the new lagfix
If you are getting scores 1200+ there is a 99%+ chance you have the old lagfix installed unless you have already upgraded to the voodoo kernels.

If you are still unsure then you need check using the harder method

[How to check]
Download ConnectBot from the Market(its free) or use adb shell(for adb skip down to the command)
Open connectbot
Select local from the drop down menu should say ssh by default
Press and hold down where it says nickname (Long press)
Choose Input Method and select Android Keyboard (swype does not work very well in this app)
type root in the nickname text box
press done
it should open up an all black screen with a $ symbol at the top.
You are going to type in this command EXACTLY how I put it.

mount | busybox grep ext2

To get the | symbol hit ?123 button then Alt and it is where 3 would be

If you get a result besides the $ symbol then you have it installed. And should uninstall it if you want to use voodoo instead.

[How to uninstall]
Downloading the attached RyanZAEXT2LagFix ALPHA 1.zip
run unlagfix.bat

under [how to unistall] ... where do i run the unlagfix.bat ? on the phone or odin?
can somebody please help me and show me a dummy proof way to uninstall my lag fix? i still have the original lagfix. I'm trying to install clockworkmod recovery so I can install blackmod theme.
Thank you!

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm using D02-1200LV and so far it's stable. The only one that gave me issues was 1250LV.

619f521b-8896-9469.jpg

Thanks Dirrk!

Sent from my Voodoo'd Fascinate via Tapatalk

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
downloaded 1100 lv. thanks dirrk.

although i can see my benchmark is 1400 something from 860, i don't see much in the way of performance difference.

still seems sluggish.

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm a newbie to the world of android. The fascinate is my first android phone. I just applied the lag fix and WOW! I'm stunned at my quadrant scores.

This phone is a screamer even without the fix, so it's not very noticeable. Granted I just applied the lag fix moments ago.

Where should I see a performance boost besides my benchmark? And will this deplete the battery faster??

Thanks in advance!

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a newbie to the world of android. The fascinate is my first android phone. I just applied the lag fix and WOW! I'm stunned at my quadrant scores.

This phone is a screamer even without the fix, so it's not very noticeable. Granted I just applied the lag fix moments ago.

Where should I see a performance boost besides my benchmark? And will this deplete the battery faster??

Thanks in advance!

I see alot better battery life using a sv or lv kernel, I've seen better signal strength. And other than higher qs scores I've noticed things load faster and there is absolutely no lag anywhere in my phone. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my 1.2ghz Voodoo'd Fascinate

Last edited:

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me out with the commands to disable the kernel? I haven't used command prompt/terminal since the early days of iPhone jailbreaking.

Thanks!

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using terminal, and I successfully get into ADB and run the prompt, but this is what it says:

mkdir failed for /sdcard/voodoo/disable_lagfix, file exists

update: ran the commands one at a time, and when I specify the mkdir target (/sdcard/Voodoo/disable_lagfix) it says permission denied.

fixed: I named the folder "disable_lagfix" when I renamed and removed the underscore and replaced with a space, it worked.

Last edited:

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
as a quick update, i was running the 1100 lv kernel, and my battery drained pretty fast. it would lose about 2% per hour even in my pocket.

so i went and did that "stupid fast rom", and my phone started to get real buggy (i did the voodoo unlag thing first).

so it was back to dirrk's voodoo kernels. and i figured what the heck, i'll try the 1200 lv. and boom. battery is awesome. phone is fast, all is well. but of course beautiful widgets is giving me a little bit of attitude.

still fighting with the intermittent gps tho....

jdkzombie

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
ok so when i try to download the lagfix alpha .zip it takes me to a blank screen and nothing happens...no download no error message no nothing. any hope of a mirror link or someone throwing another link out there? i use google chrome if thats an issue. thx guys!

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
ok so when i try to download the lagfix alpha .zip it takes me to a blank screen and nothing happens...no download no error message no nothing. any hope of a mirror link or someone throwing another link out there? i use google chrome if thats an issue. thx guys!

It's probably because, voodoo's not working right and there could be something else in the works. Plus if you don't already have it, I wouldn't worry about it yet. If the updates coming you'll have issues removing it to get the OTA.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

damanx24

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i just rooted plus added the lag fix LV 1250 (d02) and i have gotten a lot higher score but i am only getting about 1234, and i don't know why :confused:
did i download the right one if not can i go back and change the kernel to somthing else?
Also this may be irrelevent but whenever i try to run skyfire 3.0 somthing pops up and says
"The application Sky Fire (process com.skyfire.browser) has stopped Unexpectedly. Please try Again"

---I am sorry if these are stupid questions I just got this Phone and its my first andriod----

Thank You and Btw I LOVE THIS SITE its helped me out so much!

also while in the process of finding my answer i found another kernel called stupid fast by geeknik can a flash both kernels or just uninstalling the voodoo then applying the stupid fast

Last edited:

damanx24

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK so i managed to get my phone on working condition again but my question is how do u uninstall it can i uninstall it from adb
?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.