Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting tired of hearing the SGS3 gives a few more hours juice than the HOX....

but the screen is very dull in comparison & with very low auto brightness settings

Why is nobody stating this when testing battery against the HOX?

You would need to nearly half the brightness level on the HOX to do a direct battery test.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

According to android central they get pretty much the same battery life.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
According to android central they get pretty much the same battery life.

I understand that, but users have reported the SGS3 gives a few more hours battery.

My point being was, the SGS3 has a much lower brightness setting, and very dull auto brightness setting when compared to the HOX- this never seems to get mentioned when we compare battery.

To me, this seems like forgotten information when everyone talks about battery life, and it is important that people realise this.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had an HOX for about 2 weeks. I oved Sense 4.0 and the screen on the device. Multitasking for me though was an issue. I like the option. HOX also felt solid and I didn't have any build issues either. That I saw in that 2 week period anyways.

I also have not seen my SIII yet...Still on back order. I will however repost when I get it letting you all know it if was everything that I thought it would be! I am guessing that I will find issues with it. I do with every phone! That is the reality of any phone IMO.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I love the HOX design.... But coming from an iphone... The only thing I miss is being able to launch voice commands and play music from the lock screen or with the headphones control talk button(which I think u can w the SGS3) thru the headphones control talk button. Correctly me if I'm wrong... Can u do that w Beats headphones? I'm currently using the iPhone headphones... I would understand they are not compatible....

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I love the HOX design.... But coming from an iphone... The only thing I miss is being able to launch voice commands and play music from the lock screen or with the headphones control talk button(which I think u can w the SGS3) thru the headphones control talk button. Correctly me if I'm wrong... Can u do that w Beats headphones? I'm currently using the iPhone headphones... I would understand they are not compatible....

U don't have to use beats headphones with the one x. And yes they do make beats with the controller.

Reactions: locote25

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

You could put Vlingo on the lock screen by putting it in one of the dock slots. Wish they'd left the Google Voice Search icon, or you could do it with that, too...

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
But I'd still need to drag it to the circle right? What I was trying to find out was if by holding any button on the phone or the control button, the command could b launched.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. But the circle moves towards the icon too, so it's a very small movement.

Took me a little getting used to, since I got used to the Apple-clone sliders everyone was using. But HTC's got something kind of elegant, and theoretically Apple-proof.

dnfisher1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I've read forums for probably 20 years and have never posted a reply. But....I have to say the the HOX is really the best phone i have had yet. I got a terrific upgrade price on Amazon Wireless. I have used the ATT Captivate for the last two years. What a nightmare, GPS problems, my first phone died altogether (under warranty), and when I finally got updated to Gingerbread, my phone never worked right again.
So, my HOX has a great screen (better than the Amoled screen on the captivate), great GPS, fantastic mutltitasking(every thing stays where I left it), Battery life is great (today after using phone at work: calls, texting, email, web browsing, etc. I still have 68% after 12 hours), Bluetooth to a speaker every evening, WiFi no problems, .....NOTHING that I don't like. I wouldn't ever buy a Samsung phone again.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Multitask works great for me on my hox

I'm tired of hearing this.No it doesn't. It's broken. Multitasking is not working well. Today I got to try out my cousins galaxy and was able to load up 4 tabs of the verge without any of them having to reload when returning to chrome

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The multitasking is messed up. If u are filling out a form, leave the page to goto another and then come back, your text/input will be gone. I considered taking back the one x but decided to keep it. I like the galaxy and currently also have the skyrocket but the multitasking alone was not enough to make me get rid of the one x. The Samsung GIII and the one x are both great phones and there's no reason to bash anyone based on which phone they chose to get or keep.

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Not me, I'll be keeping my hox, any multitasking issues do not bother me. I had a captivate before and, after how horrible that phone was, I personally prefer to stay far away from Samsung.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not me, I'll be keeping my hox, any multitasking issues do not bother me. I had a captivate before and, after how horrible that phone was, I personally prefer to stay far away from Samsung.

You should at least take a look at the SIII if you are eligible. It is a processing powerhouse. Very very fast at everything. Easy to root and install custom recovery as well.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Multitasking will be fixed I'm confident of that. HTC will probably choose to do it with Jellybean to save face.

I don't see how that's possible. There is not enough memory on the phone to cache background tasks. Maybe if they got Sense 4 under control they could improve it.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

You should at least take a look at the SIII if you are eligible. It is a processing powerhouse. Very very fast at everything. Easy to root and install custom recovery as well.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I really think you should take a look at the galaxy. I did the same thing and now I'm past 30 days and wish I would have returned and waited for the galaxy I though the multitasking would get better but it's just getting worse. The gs3 just works. It was fast. Nothing reloaded on me. I just picked up a galaxy that had been being used all day and loaded up like 4 tabs of the verge, engadget, and nothing reloaded,.not even the apps the person already loaded, including the app store.

daz2711e

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Me and my girlfriend got HTC one x and galaxy s3.we agreed I could have which ever I wanted.after hours of playing with both I chose HTC one x.this is because its faster (by a long way), its nicer, s voice is shut it barely recognised anything, camera quality is same on both but HTC can take about 30 pics in couple of seconds then choose best one for you,plus it has more features, s3 looks and feels cheap, HTC tegra 3 so not difficult choice for me.both are great its purely what u prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali