Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I've decided to trade mine in. Hopefully, AT&T actually releases this thing before my 30 days are up. Barring that, I hope I'd still be able to pick up a Galaxy Nexus despite Apple's patent trolling.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The multitasking is messed up. If u are filling out a form, leave the page to goto another and then come back, your text/input will be gone.
If I'm filling out a form, sometimes my Evo will reload the page but somehow it keeps my progress and all the text I've put in.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate the S3 button in the middle. I'm keeping my one x. Screen is much richer in my opinion. Touch Giz wasn't as pronounced this time around but its no Sense 4.0 which I'm hoping will be buttery smoother with 4.1 in terms of multi tasking with jelly belly beans.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
One other item I might mention here...I. was playing with the S3 I noticed its slightly wider which might be favorable for typing. But the OneX stock keyboard is great. No need to install swiftkey for me anyways. Cybetron voice commander on one x totally makes hands free useless, owning multiple blackberries Nuance speech recognition was far superior for hands free calling. One x buttons are nicer at the bottom and obey Google's guidelines. The Sammy buttons were kinda awkward to get at. Don't get me wrong its a stellar device and I would love an extra gb of ram so both phones are excellent in their own way. I feel the build quality on one x is nicer and so is the screen and os. How does the S3 heat compare? If I keep LTE on my HOX gets hot. Not sure how the galaxy would compare. The demo felt pretty cool for something that's plugged on and running all day.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You should at least take a look at the SIII if you are eligible. It is a processing powerhouse. Very very fast at everything. Easy to root and install custom recovery as well.

I have both...I use SGS3 for my work email etc...EVO imo is a winner...better camera, kickstand, better screen, winner UI. Easier to root than S3, benchmarks show EVO the winner.
..but Samsung brings some good features (smart stay, popup play digital battery etc) that I have added to my EVO, but Samsung needs to stop making phones with light plastic and get rid of childish touch wiz...
4b2d02cf-65d0-105a.jpg

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both...I use SGS3 for my work email etc...EVO imo is a winner...better camera, kickstand, better screen, winner UI. Easier to root than S3, benchmarks show EVO the winner.
..but Samsung brings some good features (smart stay, popup play digital battery etc) that I have added to my EVO, but Samsung needs to stop making phones with light plastic and get rid of childish touch wiz...
Click to view quoted image

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

The SIII was pretty easy to root. It took around 5 minutes. Anyway, the SIII that I have now is much better than the HOX that I had. Others here might be having better luck than I did, but mine was laggy, the browser was terrible and often times took a split second to react, and the multitasking was awful and that's putting it mildly. Perhaps I had a bad one.

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I got a one x today with the thought that if I didn't like it I would take it back and get an SIII. Well soon after I went to a store and got the chance to play with the SIII and I don't see any reason to switch phones, and trust me I've done about a month of research on both phones so I knew the SIII was going to be awesome . I like the SIII but not enough to take my one x back.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of hearing this.No it doesn't. It's broken. Multitasking is not working well. Today I got to try out my cousins galaxy and was able to load up 4 tabs of the verge without any of them having to reload when returning to chrome

Did you ever think that, maybe, it works for them? Maybe it doesn't bother them? You do understand that everyone does not use their phone in the same way and what you consider 'broken' isn't what someone else does?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: da3lynx

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever think that, maybe, it works for them? Maybe it doesn't bother them? You do understand that everyone does not use their phone in the same way and what you consider 'broken' isn't what someone else does?

Broken is broken. Just because someone doesn't notice it doesn't mean that it works. Multitasking is broken on all stock Sense 4.0 devices whether the user notices it or not.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Broken is broken. Just because someone doesn't notice it doesn't mean that it works. Multitasking is broken on all stock Sense 4.0 devices whether the user notices it or not.

Can't be broken if it's working as intended. Plus, there's a full thread full of happy people on this board who have apparently fixed it by changing some option in developer settings. They're able to run like 4-5 apps at a time including games and browsers with no closes. I don't consider that broken at all. I haven't tried it though, I use CM9 so I have perfect multitasking. I have an S3 and the one x runs better and faster and has multitasking that is just as good, so until there is a non-buggy CM9 for my S3 the one x will stay as my daily driver.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not trading my One X for anything (yet), but let's be clear about something. There's a difference between working as designed, working as intended, and being broken.

HTC designed it to work the way it is. Google intended for it to work differently. Whoever designed the way it works gets credit for it (in this case HTC), and since they've come out and said they did it that way on purpose, it isn't broken.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Nonsense. For something to be broken, it would have to not be working as intended or damaged. The multitasking on the One X is neither.

And that still doesn't address the fact that for many users, the One X's multitasking works just fine. It doesn't work for you and that's okay. But that doesn't mean it's broken and it doesn't mean that your opinion (yes, opinion) is anymore valid than someone that thinks it works just fine.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't be broken if it's working as intended. Plus, there's a full thread full of happy people on this board who have apparently fixed it by changing some option in developer settings. They're able to run like 4-5 apps at a time including games and browsers with no closes. I don't consider that broken at all. I haven't tried it though, I use CM9 so I have perfect multitasking. I have an S3 and the one x runs better and faster and has multitasking that is just as good, so until there is a non-buggy CM9 for my S3 the one x will stay as my daily driver.

When I say it's broken I'm not talking about what htc intended. HTC broke android multitasking. The fact that they did it on purpose doesn't mean that it's not broken. Regarding the fix, I tried that on my friends and it didn't work on his phone. Maybe I should try it again. Regarding the HOX running better and faster than the GSIII, I will have to completely disagree with you on that one. Stock out of the box the GSIII is faster and smoother. I had plenty of lag on my HOX, browser, homepages, app drawer. Heck I'm gonna put the browser in there twice because it was so bad, and the browser. Anyway I don't think any of this is going to matter because from what I saw of JB on the Nexus lag and stutter are about to be a thing of the past.

On another note do you have any idea when JB ROM might be out for the GSIII? That's what I'm waiting for.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Nonsense. For something to be broken, it would have to not be working as intended or damaged. The multitasking on the One X is neither.

And that still doesn't address the fact that for many users, the One X's multitasking works just fine. It doesn't work for you and that's okay. But that doesn't mean it's broken and it doesn't mean that your opinion (yes, opinion) is anymore valid than someone that thinks it works just fine.

HTC intentionally broke android multitasking. Now if end users were able to find a fix that works that doesn't change what htc did. That fix did not work for me. I will be trying it again on my friends phone.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
When I say it's broken I'm not talking about what htc intended. HTC broke android multitasking. The fact that they did it on purpose doesn't mean that it's not broken. Regarding the fix, I tried that on my friends and it didn't work on his phone. Regarding the HOX running better and faster than the GSIII, I will have to completely disagree with you on that one. Stock out of the box the GSIII is faster and smoother. I had plenty of lag on my HOX, browser, homepages, app drawer. Heck I'm gonna put the browser in there twice because it was so bad, and the browser. Anyway I don't think any of this is going to matter because from what I saw of JB on the Nexus lag and stutter are about to be a thing of the past.

On another note do you have any idea when JB ROM might be out for the GSIII? That's what I'm waiting for.

You'll notice I didn't say stock, I said with CM9. My One X with CM9 runs way better than stock touchwiz, like WAY better. It gets better battery life than my GS3 as well and my One X's CPU is even overclocked to 1.8ghz, which tells me touchwiz's battery management is crap. Touchwiz also reloads all the time which drives me friggen crazy. It's odd the settings fix didn't work on your friends phone as it seems to be working for just about everyone with a U.S. one X. And regardless, if multitasking can work properly for 99% of people with nothing more than changing an option in settings, I say again, that's not broken.

As to a Jelly Bean Rom, there's nothing yet I'm anxiously checking xda every day. Really looking forward to something that makes my S3 worth using.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC intentionally broke android multitasking. Now if end users were able to find a fix that works that doesn't change what htc did. That fix did not work for me. I will be trying it again on my friends phone.

That's like saying a phone that has the option to turn LTE on or off "broke" LTE because the default setting is off. Having to spend 15 seconds in settings to enable proper multitasking doesn't constitute broken.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You'll notice I didn't say stock, I said with CM9. My One X with CM9 runs way better than stock touchwiz, like WAY better. It gets better battery life than my GS3 as well and my One X's CPU is even overclocked to 1.8ghz, which tells me touchwiz's battery management is crap. Touchwiz also reloads all the time which drives me friggen crazy. It's odd the settings fix didn't work on your friends phone as it seems to be working for just about everyone with a U.S. one X. And regardless, if multitasking can work properly for 99% of people with nothing more than changing an option in settings, I say again, that's not broken.

As to a Jelly Bean Rom, there's nothing yet I'm anxiously checking xda every day. Really looking forward to something that makes my S3 worth using.

Well it's not broken anymore apparently. No thanks to htc.

Reactions: crackberrytraitor

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not trading my One X for anything (yet), but let's be clear about something. There's a difference between working as designed, working as intended, and being broken.

HTC designed it to work the way it is. Google intended for it to work differently. Whoever designed the way it works gets credit for it (in this case HTC), and since they've come out and said they did it that way on purpose, it isn't broken.

Did that fix work for you? My buddy would rather not switch phones but the multitasking is bothering him a lot.