Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
BTW: Samsung is also giving a dropbox promo:

Untitled-1.png

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Question: does this use qualcomm's radios, or do they use their own (questionably crummy) radios.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well no offense to "everybody" but most of them don't even know what they are looking for. Plain and simple there is not a bug-free way to have true android multitasking. Yet people keep posting that dumb fix where you go into developer options. Then someone is like "ZOMG it worked" When it didn't...

95% of people are idiots so I take "everybody" with a grain of salt. And so far I am right. Both fixes do not actually fix the multitasking (dev options and multitasking "mod"). You have to load up CM9 (apparently) but I won't know for sure until I do it. I will do it as soon as it gets a built with no bugs.

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work at all. XDA devs have confirmed through multiple before and after tests and confirmed it works with the majority of devices.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
From different places I read, AT&T is not participating in the 25GB of drop box promotion

I've been seeing different reports. Some people have gotten a One X after me and have still received the free storage. I'm probably going to go to the AT&T store today to just ask a rep. If I won't be getting any Dropbox storage, I'm probably going to take swap phone for a GS3. I really love the One X but I just can't do 9GB of storage.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
@jdot104 I just picked up a One X last week and did not get the free storage. Dropbox confirmed AT&T is no longer participating in the 25GB promotion. I was upset when I heard that. Part of the reason I got the phone was for the 25GB Dropbox. That said I still love the phone and would never trade it for a GSIII and that horrible Gingerbreadification of ICS they call TouchWiz on there.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
@jdot104 I just picked up a One X last week and did not get the free storage. Dropbox confirmed AT&T is no longer participating in the 25GB promotion. I was upset when I heard that. Part of the reason I got the phone was for the 25GB Dropbox. That said I still love the phone and would never trade it for a GSIII and that horrible Gingerbreadification of ICS they call TouchWiz on there.

That's what I was told today by a rep. I'm disappointed in that, and I did switch to a GSIII today because of it. I'm gonna miss a lot of things about the One X but AT&T kinda ruined it for me. HTC is also at fault. The loss of the Dropbox offer was just the last straw for me. The One X is a great phone.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was told today by a rep. I'm disappointed in that, and I did switch to a GSIII today because of it. I'm gonna miss a lot of things about the One X but AT&T kinda ruined it for me. HTC is also at fault. The loss of the Dropbox offer was just the last straw for me. The One X is a great phone.

Just watched Android Central review of GS3 where reviewer has Sprint and At&t version and correct me if I am wrong he says (Phil?) that the Sprint Version comes with the Drop box space and the At&t version doesn't

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you likeyour S3 so far, can you comment on difference audio volume and displays on both

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Audio is much louder and better on my S3, at least the external speaker. Screen much better on my One X. Just my personal opinion.

I agree. The external speaker is much louder on the GS3. I haven't noticed a huge difference in call quality. The screen is hands down better on the One X, but I think stock ICS looks a bit better on a Samsung device. I still favor the design of the One X. And Sense 4 is much, MUCH better than TouchWiz in my opinion. There are some features I appreciate with TW, but I'd much rather have Sense as a skin.

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Im trying the GS3 now... first thing I miss from the One X is the camera.... HAAANDS down... display is a winner on the One X also. Cheap, cheap and simple is what I can say about the feeling that the GS3 leaves in your hand compared to the One X. It seems like it will nrake by just looking at it lol.... Im gonna try a couple of games on the S3 and see how it feels... Yes... multitasking so much better in the S3 but.... I can live with a page reloading everynow and then. but.... lets see.....

Reactions: arizonamman

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Im trying the GS3 now... first thing I miss from the One X is the camera.... HAAANDS down... display is a winner on the One X also. Cheap, cheap and simple is what I can say about the feeling that the GS3 leaves in your hand compared to the One X. It seems like it will nrake by just looking at it lol.... Im gonna try a couple of games on the S3 and see how it feels... Yes... multitasking so much better in the S3 but.... I can live with a page reloading everynow and then. but.... lets see.....

My GS3 is collecting dust at the moment.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After a few weeks with the SGS3, I havent even thought about going to the One X. Only way id go back is if someone traded me with a nice heap of cash on top (its not like i dont like the phone, i just prefer the SGS3)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have both.. Got the One X and couldn't think there'd be a better phone.. I was given a SGIII and I still have the One X.

I find myself wanting to put my SIM back in my One X almost daily, the screen is THAT good, but then when I update apps on my One X it lags bad. I see lag in the launcher, and all over the place when you compare it to the SGIII.

The SGIII has 0 lag at anything it does, it zips through everything like a gorilla on steroids. I have heard rumors that the newest 2.05 update for the One X fixes a bunch of stuff and brings it up to 4.0.4 like the SGIII so who knows.. maybe I'll be switching back to it.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the build and screen. Some things like software can be mitigated, remedied, or managed, since it is Android, and has similar specs. There's no way for me to plop a SuperLCD2 on the GSIII however. I've owned too many Samsung AMOLED phones and have never been fond of the screen. The GSIII is not a drastic change in this respect. The plasticky build can be remedied with a case, but the GSIII is already larger than the One X as it is and a case is a no no for me. I'm not a big media user so don't need the space and rather have unibody since even my 5 year old slider phones are still running strong with original lithium battery so swappability is not a priority. The only thing I'd miss with the GSIII, and this is a big one for me, is the camera and video recording, which I find far superior on the GSIII than the One X. I also like the home button. It's so fun to push.

Biggest concern right now is software bugs and poor reception. The GSIII forums have no where near the complaints that the One X has, and many of them still persist after 2-3 months. Samsung didn't rush their product to market and have better QA and software engineers. Some of their design choices are questionable though.

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Not me! The HOX is my second android phone and I absolutely love it! The S3 is a nice phone but the way my hox looks and feels in my hand is amazing! Only thing missing is expandable memory but for now drop box will do. :)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I would say that without putting CM9 on my One X, the GS3 is arguably a better phone. It's at least debatable. With CM9 plus overclocking to 1.8 GHz, however, my One X beats my GS3 in speed in every way. Like as in I don't know how Jelly Bean can be smoother kind of speedy. No lag, no launcher refreshes no closed apps, no browser refresh, nothing. And it gets better battery life than the S3, which boggles my mind. Touchwiz must be a battery drain if a phone running at a faster clock speed and 300 less maH gets consistently better lifespan. The only thing that my S3 seems to have on it is storage, and I have a flash drive to plug into my One X (only works if you have an AOSP ROM) for when I'm out of signal range which is like never.

But I will admit, the S3 might be a better choice if your not a technically savvy person and don't care about the screen quality, but do care about storage.