Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I do use the recent apps key and yet everything wants to reload, whether it be Tapatalk, Gmail, YouTube, etc. I want to keep this phone bit with everything constantly reloading, it makes the experience very unpleasant,

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Look for the multitasking fix thread on this board. Works for most people. If it dosent try Apex launcher.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work for me, I will look into Apex. I can't believe HTC released a phone with this issue. Hopefully Apex will solve it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Apex won't work. The phone just doesn't multitask worth a damn out of the box. The only thing that I have seen that helps is rooting the phone and changing minfree settings or installing a custom Rom.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Apex won't work. The phone just doesn't multitask worth a damn out of the box. The only thing that I have seen that helps is rooting the phone and changing minfree settings or installing a custom Rom.

I rooted and installed CleanRom and it's awesome and the multitasking is fixed.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
That's cool, the GS3 is not a bad phone, I just prefer my One X until there's a decent Rom for my S3. The dropbox storage is easy, takes 10 minutes to do the steps.

I completed all the steps but still got no extra storage. I even contacted Dropbox and was told that AT&T would not be offering the extra storage, despite what the spokeswoman said. Are there any people who bought a One X recently (within the past month) who still got the bonus space?

katies

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my HOX on June 6, and I received the dropbox space. I had the 2gb for signing up for an account. Then I downloaded the dropbox app and installed it. I can't remember if I had to go to the web page or not, but I did have to complete some steps (click through a tutorial maybe?). It showed up immediately. The extra space is actually only 23gb (the 25gb comes from combining that 23gb promotion to the 2gb you get when you sign up for an account). I have also gotten 1gb (in 500mb increments; supposedly you can get up to 3gb for this) for having my camera shots automatically upload to dropbox.

Reactions: jdot104

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I completed all the steps but still got no extra storage. I even contacted Dropbox and was told that AT&T would not be offering the extra storage, despite what the spokeswoman said. Are there any people who bought a One X recently (within the past month) who still got the bonus space?

Dropbox person didn't know what they were talking about, they may have been confused with the S3. It even mentions it on their site. It's still valid.

Reactions: jdot104

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep. HTC decided to shoot themselves in the foot by crippling this awesome device. There's definitively gonna be some financial repercussions (especially with the numerous device returns and the gs3 in the horizon). Where are the oneX sales figures by the way?

Being that your a developer, I trust you are more experienced than a common layperson. My question is, which has better radios? The OneX or S3? I have a Atrix2 and have huge wifi issues. Which of the 2 the OneX or S-3 have a better wifi range? And how is signal fallback handled on both phones. Thank you in advance.

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

tonyflo04

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about my One X except the following:

A) No expandable internals storage...what if I want offline vid or aud storage? 16GB dont cut it

B) The "white noise" I get when I plug my phone into my car's audio jack. Only happens when I am charging and it is annoying.

Everything else is stellar, but those 2 items ar a huge factors that may make me switch

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox person didn't know what they were talking about, they may have been confused with the S3. It even mentions it on their site. It's still valid.

When I got my one x on the sixth of May I got the dropbox extra storage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just tried a Galaxy S3 a few days ago, and I really hated the plasticky feel of it, made me think it was a toy instead of a phone, however horrible that sounds.

Reactions: Mercury81

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
From different places I read, AT&T is not participating in the 25GB of drop box promotion

Yes, your right. Not anymore. Like I said I got it in early may.

Untitled.png

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Fix works for almost everybody, see the thread. My CM9 runs smooth as butter and bug free. But spout nonsense all you want.

Well no offense to "everybody" but most of them don't even know what they are looking for. Plain and simple there is not a bug-free way to have true android multitasking. Yet people keep posting that dumb fix where you go into developer options. Then someone is like "ZOMG it worked" When it didn't...

95% of people are idiots so I take "everybody" with a grain of salt. And so far I am right. Both fixes do not actually fix the multitasking (dev options and multitasking "mod"). You have to load up CM9 (apparently) but I won't know for sure until I do it. I will do it as soon as it gets a built with no bugs.