LG Optimus S: 4.4 KitKat?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.4 KitKat?

i think it's
go into the appropriate directory
git pull

but I may be missing steps. github will tell you.
This is what I got:
Code:
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$ git pull
fatal: No remote repository specified.  Please, specify either a URL or a
remote name from which new revisions should be fetched.
Maybe I'm not as fast a learner as I used to be. I have no clue what URL or a remote name from which new revisions should be fetched.

EDIT: I noticed something here: /home/andyopie150/android/system/frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/api1/
Code:
/*
 * Copyright (C) 2012 The Android Open Source Project
My XML editor says: Error at line 1, column 1: not well-formed (invalid token). It says this about any file with /* at the start. ??

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

So I take it I have to do this for every repo that I forked from skinbarks repo's, right. Is there a way to do this to the whole shooting match all at once?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Well, I did everything according to the link bigsupersquid left and got up to the part about merging.

I get this:
Code:
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$ git branch -va
  remotes/upstream/10.1        b0110a2 Permission changes in ICS and Jelly Bean that restrict /dev/diag access to qcom_diag group mitigate CVE-2012-4220 and CVE-2012-4221
  remotes/upstream/cm-10.1     bdaa8f5 build a15
  remotes/upstream/cm-10.2     d3f33eb Update recovery.fstab
  remotes/upstream/froyo       575a932 Xionia v013 with updated LCD driver
  remotes/upstream/gb1         b18e7c4 1-16d big rearrangement
  remotes/upstream/gb3         b5dd6e5 handset mic with headphones routing fix1
  remotes/upstream/gingerbread 4041249 Edited BoardConfig.mk via GitHub
  remotes/upstream/ic20        23b9dda revert most
  remotes/upstream/ics13       6883362 bt mac fix2, keyboard overlay fix1
  remotes/upstream/ics17       834fea9 supercharger tweaks
  remotes/upstream/ics18       63cc9ff fix merge
  remotes/upstream/ics19       aa64ba8 new audio routing fix from popdog123
  remotes/upstream/slimjb      8cdbf9f trying to fix camera
  remotes/upstream/tc          89f643e inline with pac
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$ git checkout master
error: pathspec 'master' did not match any file(s) known to git.
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$
Now what?

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Well, I did everything according to the link bigsupersquid left and got up to the part about merging.

I get this:
Code:
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$ git branch -va
  remotes/upstream/10.1        b0110a2 Permission changes in ICS and Jelly Bean that restrict /dev/diag access to qcom_diag group mitigate CVE-2012-4220 and CVE-2012-4221
  remotes/upstream/cm-10.1     bdaa8f5 build a15
  remotes/upstream/cm-10.2     d3f33eb Update recovery.fstab
  remotes/upstream/froyo       575a932 Xionia v013 with updated LCD driver
  remotes/upstream/gb1         b18e7c4 1-16d big rearrangement
  remotes/upstream/gb3         b5dd6e5 handset mic with headphones routing fix1
  remotes/upstream/gingerbread 4041249 Edited BoardConfig.mk via GitHub
  remotes/upstream/ic20        23b9dda revert most
  remotes/upstream/ics13       6883362 bt mac fix2, keyboard overlay fix1
  remotes/upstream/ics17       834fea9 supercharger tweaks
  remotes/upstream/ics18       63cc9ff fix merge
  remotes/upstream/ics19       aa64ba8 new audio routing fix from popdog123
  remotes/upstream/slimjb      8cdbf9f trying to fix camera
  remotes/upstream/tc          89f643e inline with pac
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~/android/system$ git checkout master
error: pathspec 'master' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Now what?
You don't need to merge the whole thing just individual projects that you've forked. All the projects you haven't forked will be updated by repo sync. If you want to merge upstream changes in the forked projects go to the base directory for the project and follow the instructions for that project. The base directory will have a file in it called Android.mk. I wouldn't bother with merging TheJBC device files, I don't think they're changing.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

So let me get this right, When you make changes to your repo's that I have forked, when I do a repo sync all those changes will be there to use when I make bacon?
Do I even need to clone the fork at all (I hope I don't, they will take a lot of room on hard drive I need for the build).
I have only cloned one repo so far to see if I could do it easy (cloned the kernel repo). I ended up deleting my AndyOpie150 account at Github. I made to many mistakes trying to get your changes incorporated to my forks, thought it would be easier to delete, then start a new account with same name, only different e-mail (that wasn't possible). My new Github user name is just AndyOpie.

A little more info on getting any changes I make to my forks to your master would be helpful. Links will work. There is just so much info out there, all saying something a little different, I could benefit from someone with practical experience on what really works/is needed.

PS: Thanks for all the help so far.

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

So let me get this right, When you make changes to your repo's that I have forked, when I do a repo sync all those changes will be there to use when I make bacon?
Do I even need to clone the fork at all (I hope I don't, they will take a lot of room on hard drive I need for the build).
I have only cloned one repo so far to see if I could do it easy (cloned the kernel repo). I ended up deleting my AndyOpie150 account at Github. I made to many mistakes trying to get your changes incorporated to my forks, thought it would be easier to delete, then start a new account with same name, only different e-mail (that wasn't possible). My new Github user name is just AndyOpie.

A little more info on getting any changes I make to my forks to your master would be helpful. Links will work. There is just so much info out there, all saying something a little different, I could benefit from someone with practical experience on what really works/is needed.

PS: Thanks for all the help so far.
I'm going to try and summarize this as I understand it, remember I don't know much more about it than you do. You probably know most of this but just to review:
To clone a repo just means to download it. When you clone someone's repo you just make a local copy of the repo on your machine. Then you can keep up to date with the latest fixes and features. If you wanted to contribute code to someone's project you could make changes to your local copy and push them to the owner of the repo and if they approved them they would be added to the project. You fork a project when you want to make your own version of the project that's separate from the project you forked from. Then you can do what you want to it without needing approval. Either way you only need one copy of the source code on your computer. androidarmv6 is a collection of projects and you won't need to modify most of them so you initialize your repo to androidarmv6/android and sync which is like cloning all the androidarmv6 projects. Since we're trying to port androidarmv6 to thunderc we have to add additional projects for our phone. Since we know we'll be modifying these projects the simplest thing is to fork them and have our own repo(s) to store our changes and make them available rather than involve thekraven who isn't even developing for thunderc anymore. We should probably add a "cm-11.0" branch to the device folders and store the changes there instead of modifying the 10.2 branch. But nevermind that for now. In your case you only need to fork a project if you intend to modify that project. Like I said, you won't be modifying most of the projects. The porting work at this point largely involves the kernel configuration and the device folders. You can play around with making changes in your local copy of the project and compile them but you probably want to sync definite changes with your github. Now say I fork a project from androidarmv6 and you fork that project from me. If you want to keep up both with changes I've made and changes in the androidarmv6 repo you have to set both my version and the armv6 version as upstream sources, then you can merge in all the changes. You can't really clone androidarmv6 and push your changes to them because our phone is not supported by them (this is an unofficial port of unofficial CyanogenMod). Basically I'd say use androidarmv6 and my repos for now and fork repos as needed when you start making changes that you want to save and make available to others. If you want to send changes to my repo that's called doing a push. Just do a web search on pushing changes upstream with git.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

when i forked skinbark's stuff, i made cm-11.0 branch and set it default.
it (squid-kat) is still untouched since I'm still syncing repo.
bad bad belkin router.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just downloaded it this week (I think). Been worrying to much about getting everything setup properly that I almost forgot I downloaded it.
Lots of info. Small brain. Hope it all fits. Lol.

skinbark: What recovery's have you tried to use to boot your ROM zip other than trying to port the newest TWRP. I have the BobZohme, the Touch Screen ClockworkMod, Xionia, ZenGarden, and the TWRP ported over by thekraven (Cant find a download link to the COT anywhere). Maybe you could try all of them to see if it might boot?

I added your other repo's (except for the recovery) to the roomservice.xml. Does this look right?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_lge_thunderc" path="device/lge/thunderc" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_lge_msm7x27-common" path="device/lge/msm7x27-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_qcom_msm7x27" path="device/qcom/msm7x27" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="bigsupersquid/android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x" path="kernel/lge/msm7x27-3.0.x" remote="github" revision="squid" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_external_chromium_org" path="external/chromium/org" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_frameworks_base" path="frameworks/base" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_frameworks_av" path="frameworks/av" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="mirror-androidarmv6/android_vendor_qcom_msm7x27" path="vendor/qcom/msm7x27" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>
After I took those out of the manifest.xml I get this:
Code:
Resolving deltas: 100% (103482/103482), done.
From git://github.com/skinbark/android_external_chromium_org
 * [new branch]      cm-11.0    -> github/cm-11.0
Fetching projects: 100% (446/446), done.  
Deleting obsolete path /home/andyopie150/android/system/external/chromium_org
Checking out files: 100% (45881/45881), done.t files:   8% (4124/45881)   
Checking out files: 100% (9597/9597), done.out files:   9% (940/9597)   
Checking out files: 100% (4301/4301), done.
Checking out files: 100% (4082/4082), done.out files:  19% (803/4082)   
Checking out files: 100% (3352/3352), done.out files:  17% (601/3352)   
Syncing work tree: 100% (446/446), done.  

frameworks/av/: discarding 75 commits
frameworks/base/: discarding 28 commits
It looks to me like the /skinbark/android_external_chromium_org synced but the skinbark/android_frameworks_av and the skinbark/android_frameworks_base didn't???

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

here's cwm-6.0.4.6 recovery for the thunderc. This should be able to flash cm11 when you get a build going. Based on the p500, so it probably wont flash anything under cm11 unless you swap out the update_binary.
*volum up and down moves around
*power button and search button selects

Updated to version cwm-6.0.4.6 with hephappy's fixes

Attachments

• CWM_6.0.4.5-thunderc-thekraven.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 22
  • CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-thekraven.zip
    5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Just downloaded it this week (I think). Been worrying to much about getting everything setup properly that I almost forgot I downloaded it.
Lots of info. Small brain. Hope it all fits. Lol.

skinbark: What recovery's have you tried to use to boot your ROM zip other than trying to port the newest TWRP. I have the BobZohme, the Touch Screen ClockworkMod, Xionia, ZenGarden, and the TWRP ported over by thekraven (Cant find a download link to the COT anywhere). Maybe you could try all of them to see if it might boot?

I added your other repo's (except for the recovery) to the roomservice.xml. Does this look right?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_lge_thunderc" path="device/lge/thunderc" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_lge_msm7x27-common" path="device/lge/msm7x27-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_device_qcom_msm7x27" path="device/qcom/msm7x27" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="bigsupersquid/android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x" path="kernel/lge/msm7x27-3.0.x" remote="github" revision="squid" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_external_chromium_org" path="external/chromium/org" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_frameworks_base" path="frameworks/base" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="skinbark/android_frameworks_av" path="frameworks/av" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project name="mirror-androidarmv6/android_vendor_qcom_msm7x27" path="vendor/qcom/msm7x27" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>
Do I need to take those out of the manifest.xml?
Kit Kat won't flash with an older recovery, at least not without editing the update script, which isn't the right way to install it anyway. The problem's not with the recovery it's because the core android services are crashing and restarting during bootup. I haven't done anything more with the recovery because I've been focussing on trying to get kit kat to boot. I have to learn how to use some debugging tools to get more info on what's going wrong. I also got a bigger hard drive and installed a new os (Linux Mint, nice!) so I've been busy setting up my build system again. Now I'm ready to roll! Good news: hephappy released a kit kat rom for p500 that actually boots :D It's the first for armv6 that I know of. I'm going to examine it closely and try to replicate what he did for ours. Rather than edit the manifest file I'd add the remove-project statements before the chromium, base and av project statements to override the manifest. Not sure if it's necessary but I'd delete the external/chromium_org, frameworks/av and frameworks/base folders before you run repo sync.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Good thing I copy/pasted those lines to a new file before I deleted from the manifest.xml.
Thanks for info.

thekraven: You the man!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Kit Kat won't flash with an older recovery, at least not without editing the update script, which isn't the right way to install it anyway. The problem's not with the recovery it's because the core android services are crashing and restarting during bootup. I haven't done anything more with the recovery because I've been focussing on trying to get kit kat to boot. I have to learn how to use some debugging tools to get more info on what's going wrong. I also got a bigger hard drive and installed a new os (Linux Mint, nice!) so I've been busy setting up my build system again. Now I'm ready to roll! Good news: hephappy released a kit kat rom for p500 that actually boots :D It's the first for armv6 that I know of. I'm going to examine it closely and try to replicate what he did for ours. Rather than edit the manifest file I'd add the remove-project statements before the chromium, base and av project statements to override the manifest. Not sure if it's necessary but I'd delete the external/chromium_org, frameworks/av and frameworks/base folders before you run repo sync.
I read that selinux needs enabled in kernel config, not sure if it is already.
maybe check that.
// edit: can't find any references to it on a quick scan-thru.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

OK. I think I'm now back on track.

I get this error after running make bacon command:
Code:
Import includes file: /home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/pigz_intermediates/import_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk', needed by `/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/system/app/Term.apk'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I forgot. Doh!
skinbark mentioned that as well way back in post #128.
Thanks bigsupersquid.
Now onto next error.
Code:
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/colorconversion/SoftwareRenderer.cpp:30:26: fatal error: gralloc_priv.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/andyopie150/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_color_conversion_intermediates/SoftwareRenderer.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I read that selinux needs enabled in kernel config, not sure if it is already.
maybe check that.
// edit: can't find any references to it on a quick scan-thru.
There's a section in defconfig at about line 2450 called security that has the selinux option. There's more flags that get generated by make config. I just pasted in the whole security section from a working kit kat config file, some Samsung phone I think. I did enable selinux but there may be some other selinux settings besides the kernel flags that come into play. I think there are selinux flags in one or two of the device makefiles. There's something about 'permissive mode' and 'enforcing mode' that I haven't figured out yet. What I'm running into now is a segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) that seems to be related to or caused by one of the adreno200 libraries. Just my luck that the thing that flakes out has to be a closed source driver. There's a tool in the android ndk called ndk-stack that's supposed to let you track down what line of code caused the segfault.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000