Lost 40% battery in two hours with light use? WOW

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue, with the extended battery installed! My phone would be at about 10% battery left after 6hours of light use.

I highly customized it with various widgets, keyboards, and many other apps.. My son's, was at 36% after 10hours with the standard battery, but his was configured minimally from stock ICS.

I just wiped my phone, just putting on MUST HAVE apps and will monitor, no widgets, minimal apps and see if the issue is the phone or apps.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know the battery will be this poor. Woke up at 12pm with 90% battery. Made a few text. Made one phone call. No browsing. At 2PM, battery is now down to 50%! LOLOL I don't think there will be a fix for this.

My settings
-Brightness at 25%
-Wifi on
-Mobile data off
-GPS locations turned off
-background data restricted
-all apps stopped
- G+ disabled
-All sync disabled

Something's not right. Today, I played a game with GN for the STRAIGHT 5 HOURS AND 35 MINUTES until the battery reached 10%!!! According to your statement, your GN with only a few textings consume pretty much the same amount (40%) of battery as mine which was completely on all the way in two hours???

My GN was at auto brightness, Wifi on and connected, GPS on, NFC on. The game was not using internet data much. Even though the game was not using much data, screen was on straight 5 hours and 35 minutes with extensive CPU usage.

It is pretty much basic, when you ask for answer for this kind of question, that you need to capture your battery history screenshot and attach it on your post. It will tell us a lot about what's going on in your GN.

BlackBarryNewb

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here. The batter gets drained way too quickly. Even on idle. Not only that but it takes way too long to recharge. I've calculated that it takes about 1 minute per percent to recharge. That is way too long. I came from a Moto Droid 1 and it would do it in half the time if not, better. I'll mess with the setting to make it more efficient but the batter issue needs to be resolved.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I got 7 hours last night out of the extended battery.......with 5 hours and 10 minutes of screen on time. I streamed a netflix movie, played GTAIII for a long time, streamed music, and surfed the net like it was my job. I thought that was reasonable battery life for that much abuse.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I got 1 day, 2 hours and 11 minutes of usage yesterday. 4-5 hours I was actually on the phone doing stuff. It was still at 22% before I put it on the charger too.

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe this will be fixed with a software update. Not sure how it works for you guys, but I upgraded my unbranded Nexus with new custom ROM (4.0.3 hybrid MCR Rom from XDA forums) and since I did this (no data wipe), my battery is back to what you would expect, which is great. So for example lost 3% over night with AirPlane on, lost 20% during 16 hours. I can see the phone going to sleep very often.
3e28237a-431b-b9f7.jpg

Last edited:

agpetz

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am at 27 hours, with 5% left on the extended battery. Currently waiting for it to die on its own before I recharge. This includes about 8 hours yesterday on airplane mode while at work and 8 hours last night on wifi. I did use heavily for a few hours yesterday and this morning during commute.

Agree with previous poster that if you really want help understanding why you are only getting 6 hours with "light" use, you need to post your battery usage screenshot.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I lost 50% during the night. I have charged the phone, reboot and then removed the cable off and let it alone. This morming was at 50% left. The Android OS has 67% of that. I already tried all the other tips and tricks posted at another thread. Google + , Facebook has been removed, location service are off. That is using the extended battery....

schriss

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I lost 50% during the night. I have charged the phone, reboot and then removed the cable off and let it alone. This morming was at 50% left. The Android OS has 67% of that. I already tried all the other tips and tricks posted at another thread. Google + , Facebook has been removed, location service are off. That is using the extended battery....

I had the same until I flashed new ROM. No app/OS tweaks would help me. battery would drain even in AirPlane mode.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I listen to podcasts all day on my bluetooth headphones. At least 7 hours of it. The podcast player keeps the phone awake whenever it's playing. After 10 hours, I'm at 18-20% battery with the standard battery. I just got the extended battery and used it for the first time yesterday and was at 25% after 10 hours. I hope that will go up a little bit more after using the battery for a few days. When I'm not playing podcasts, the phone mostly sleeps and only consumes a couple of percent an hour.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
uh.. not sure whats wrong with your phones.. but mine is getting great battery life on the stock battery. stock rom aswell, and I havent had to disable a single thing.. nfc and all my default syncs are on.

right now my phone is showing 16 hours of use @ 50% discharge.

you guys either mess your phone up by doing dumb stuff to it like installing random lame apps or rooting/rom'ing it.

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's the kind of battery life I have been getting since performing a factory restore. This is with standard battery

This is with what I would call moderate usage:

A couple hundred texts since last charge
A dozen emails or so
Surfing the internet and facebook a lot
Probably twenty minutes of voice calls.
GPS on
Mix of Wifi & 3G(I turn 4G off unless I need it)

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's the chart I found of the screen on time. Couldn't find actual time though. I had charged it just a little bit, because I plugged it in right after I sent the other post.

euphoriq

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely not a problem with my phone..

I had a gnex on launch day, but terrible banding and a top half that was pale blue made me exchange it a few days later. I am on my third day with my NEW and i'd say improved gnex.

I am seeing that people are right about not judging battery until a few full cycles, at first i was getting 7 hours with 1 and a half hours of screen time and little to no gaming or browsing. Here is what i got in a full charge with the standard battery after about 3 full charging cycles..

mx6on.png

E9rmB.png

wgTWS.png

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. The batter gets drained way too quickly. Even on idle. Not only that but it takes way too long to recharge. I've calculated that it takes about 1 minute per percent to recharge. That is way too long. I came from a Moto Droid 1 and it would do it in half the time if not, better. I'll mess with the setting to make it more efficient but the batter issue needs to be resolved.

A percent per minute is fast. That means the entire battery would be charged from zero in an hour and 40 minutes.

Your droid comparison is irrelevant, because that had a much smaller battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk