Messages re-routing to Verizon message app?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

This is annoying.

I get a message. I pull down on the bar at the top of the screen and click the message. I get re-routed to Verizon messages and decide to decline their application. Would I like to choose a different SMS app? Yes, yes I would. I then choose the stock messages app.

How do I avoid getting re-routed to the Verizon SMS app and go directly to the stock messages app when selecting a message from the pull down bar?

Thanks

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would go to settings, app manager, all, Verizon messages, then disable. I would think that should do the trick..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Never thought I would say this about a Verizon app...... but I love Verizon's Messages app. I use it on the M8, my iPad, Macbook and Chromebook. I can SMS anyone on any device.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Never thought I would say this about a Verizon app...... but I love Verizon's Messages app. I use it on the M8, my iPad, Macbook and Chromebook. I can SMS anyone on any device.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

I know! I've had Verizon for a long time and this is the first phone I've had it on and I kinda like it now.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would go to settings, app manager, all, Verizon messages, then disable. I would think that should do the trick..

That did it for me. Man, that was so annoying. I mean, if I hit decline, that means I don't want to use your app. At all.

MikeDevenney

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That did it for me. Man, that was so annoying. I mean, if I hit decline, that means I don't want to use your app. At all.

Right? They're banking on the 90% of phone users who aren't technical enough to have an account somewhere cool like AndroidCentral to go and find good info on how to turn off their malware...