Mic cutting out mid call, seems to be a widespread issue.

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
My dropped calls are happening when the 4G signal gets low and it hands off to 3G. I have had the mic cut off without a dropped call, though. The speaker intermittently makes cracking and popping sounds.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
got mine on launch day. regular, but not heavy, phone user.

mic cut just happened to me today for the first time. other end called me right back and it worked fine on the incoming call. we'll see...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't herd of google doing anything about it. But I know they have acknowledged it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Wraith888

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Open Letter to Verizon, Google

And earlier in this thread, this guy says how can this be a widespread issue. I think its pretty obvious it is.

I did not think it was as widespread of an issue at first, but after I kept researching it, I kept finding people stating that this issue was happening to them. I talked to Verizon at the stores and tech several times and one store manager said he saw in their internal forums 3 customers complained about the issue and tech told me that they had an internal forum where a few customers were complaining about it.

I spoke with Samsung and they wanted me to send the phone in for repair - my new phone I should be without while the fix it? I wasn't really interested in that solution.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me today while on a job prospect call, making this the fourth time it has happened ><

What is so frustrating about this is when I try to make it happen, such as call someone and test it out, its fine. Sure enough, when I think everything is fine, it happens at the worst time. Very frustrating.

One consistency about this is that it only seems to happen when I call out. When I receive a call, I have yet to have this happen. Coincidence?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
For me...I live n work in a bad reception area....so I didnt know if it was the reception causing it or this.

sheldonblack

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. I do have Volume+ installed. Its a definite need since the volume is so low. Weird that you brought that up. Only way to find out if its that app, is to ask other people if they have that app installed. Im gonna ask them on XDA also. Thanks for that heads up.

Edit: Heres a quote from a user on XDA.

Not enough of a source since everyone else didnt chime in, But that might not be the culprint.

I've had this problem on two GN devices neither of which had this app installed. My second device had the issue before I even got it set up I don't belive I had any apps installed yet. I really think this has nothing to do with a certain app but will hard reset my phone and find out. The Charge had similar issues I think it's a Samsung thing personally

sheldonblack

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Also this has nothing to do with 4g/3g service or handing off from tower to tower. I can be at my home where I get strong 4g coverage and have this happen.

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem on my first GNex. Never installed any apps on it. Returned it, the second one is fine. Installed Volume+ on the second one and still no problems.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, I experienced something different. I rebooted the phone. When It came back on, it automatically called out Verizons code number (which I cant remember because *228 doesnt work) and it was playing the background music through the speaker phone. Then It says your phone has been updated successfully. Its just weird that it automatically did that after I did a reboot. Dont know. I havent experienced a dropped Mic issue really for a little while now. Dont know if its after the update or even before. But Ill still be looking out for it.

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
And now I just realized I have this too...

I only place about 2 calls a week tops and when your phone can't function as a phone its irritating as hell.

Does anyone have any updates on this?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the issue about twice a day running gummy nexus. For me Verizon says that Google has a fix coming in early February. Man having the mic cutting out is the most annoying thing a phone could have. Besides the random rebooting, damn the nexus has both. :( hope they fix this soon.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is unique to the Nexus. Daughter as a Droid2 and she experiences this as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro