Migrate S20 5G from T-Mobile to Verizon?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok on fija tool model number sm-g988u vzw csc
G988usqu1atec is available dont know which security patch that's on

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Frija works much better than Samfirm but no VZW firmware, TMB and SPR do show firmware to download. Which CRC should I use since VZW doesn't show up?

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
I really hope this works. Check your voicemail by dialing your own phone number lately? That's what I've been forced to do, I forgot how much of a pain that is! If this doesn't take I think I'm going to sell this and just get a Verizon phone. I considered doing that in the first place but the Verizon version doesn't have an sd card, seems crazy but there are tons of negative reviews on the phone on Verizons page due to it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really hope this works. Check your voicemail by dialing your own phone number lately? That's what I've been forced to do, I forgot how much of a pain that is! If this doesn't take I think I'm going to sell this and just get a Verizon phone. I considered doing that in the first place but the Verizon version doesn't have an sd card, seems crazy but there are tons of negative reviews on the phone on Verizons page due to it.
Let's see what happens, don't the regular s20 not have sd card ?

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
They do, mine does, but from what I read Verizon had theirs made without it. If you check the reviews on the s20 in the Verizon store they are all mostly 1 star due to their version of the phone being the only one that doesn't have it and people didn't realize it until after the purchase.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They do, mine does, but from what I read Verizon had theirs made without it. If you check the reviews on the s20 in the Verizon store they are all mostly 1 star due to their version of the phone being the only one that doesn't have it and people didn't realize it until after the purchase.
Wow, I didn't know they can go as far as that to alter it .

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Nothing happened that time, just got error message "Failed! SHA256 is invalid". Phone restarts just like nothing happened.

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
I was trying the Sprint version of the firmware. I just want my Verizon features to work, wifi calling and visual voicemail, if that means unlocked or sprint it doesn't matter to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was trying the Sprint version of the firmware. I just want my Verizon features to work, wifi calling and visual voicemail, if that means unlocked or sprint it doesn't matter to me.
Ok so the firmware you download was
sm-g981u SPRT ?
You put phone in download mode ?
You used 3.14.1 odin ?

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Held up volume and power until recovery screen came up, went to "bootloader" which brings up a download screen and connected to Odin V3.14.4. I need to get the older odin version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201