Migrate S20 5G from T-Mobile to Verizon?

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
According to that I'm doing it correctly, I can't get volume up and power to do anything. However, I used the "USB" method which went straight to download mode which had different things on the screen such as carrier, warranty, etc. Tried it again and same exact error came up in Odin. That website says the usb mode is the only way to get into "unlocked bootloader" so perhaps that is why the last few successful time (according to Odin) didn't take? Suppose I could try the unlocked firmware again with this method and see if it works.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
According to that I'm doing it correctly, I can't get volume up and power to do anything. However, I used the "USB" method which went straight to download mode which had different things on the screen such as carrier, warranty, etc. Tried it again and same exact error came up in Odin. That website says the usb mode is the only way to get into "unlocked bootloader" so perhaps that is why the last few successful time (according to Odin) didn't take? Suppose I could try the unlocked firmware again with this method and see if it works.
If you don't see this , your not in download mode .pending-1595219959-Screenshot_20200713-003830~2.jpeg

msengr

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Yep, thats what i've got using the USB method. It looks exactly the same using the Vol down and power except the text at the top left isnt there. Still "Failed! SHA256 is invalid".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, thats what i've got using the USB method. It looks exactly the same using the Vol down and power except the text at the top left isnt there. Still "Failed! SHA256 is invalid".
Need to see a screen shot in odin when it fails

Also you put all the files in correct slots in odin?

NAAGOSTO

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
SO AS FAR I CAN UNDERSTAND FOR What i read I'm have a Verizon S20 ultra with VZN CSC carrier Screenshot_20200930-075032_Settings.jpg phone.
I put a T-Mobile sim on it and works, the only thing don't show is the network mode Choose 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), If i flash with the previous instructions using T-Mobile firmware I can have the carrier features and the phone will work as well.?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
SO AS FAR I CAN UNDERSTAND FOR What i read I'm have a Verizon S20 ultra with VZN CSC carrier View attachment 327186 phone.
I put a T-Mobile sim on it and works, the only thing don't show is the network mode Choose 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect), If i flash with the previous instructions using T-Mobile firmware I can have the carrier features and the phone will work as well.?
It should work , but a t-mobile sim should of configured the device if its unlocked, but no harm flashing to t-mobile firmware.

robcop

Dec 23, 2020
Visit site
Have we figured a way to for getting the Verizon S20U to work well on T-mobile? I'm having the same issue with not getting carrier specific apps and some functions. My goal is to keep my s20U official and unrooted (i dont want to lose samsung pay). I haven't used odin and all that in a looong time. I can't get rid of the voicemail notification and reception is worse than on my s10+ and I want to either trade someone my verizon unlocked for a t-mobile one or worst case use odin, but i also can't find the latest model or firmware

*Frija wont work on my laptop because of some C++ suite thing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have we figured a way to for getting the Verizon S20U to work well on T-mobile? I'm having the same issue with not getting carrier specific apps and some functions. My goal is to keep my s20U official and unrooted (i dont want to lose samsung pay). I haven't used odin and all that in a looong time. I can't get rid of the voicemail notification and reception is worse than on my s10+ and I want to either trade someone my verizon unlocked for a t-mobile one or worst case use odin, but i also can't find the latest model or firmware

*Frija wont work on my laptop because of some C++ suite thing.
Hi welcome to AC!

Where you download the frija tool?

robcop

Dec 23, 2020
Visit site
Thank you! I've actually been a member since maybe 2011 but I can not recover my account
It's from technastic which website I think

Mike Wallace6

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
Does anyone have a SM-G981U phone running on Verizon with wifi hd calling and visual voicemail? If so- what firmware are you running?

I have been researching for 4 days and it seems like the SM-G981V is the only way to get those features. I have flashed the SM-G981U1 VZW firmware and it works, but no wifi calling or voicemail app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have a SM-G981U phone running on Verizon with wifi hd calling and visual voicemail? If so- what firmware are you running?

I have been researching for 4 days and it seems like the SM-G981V is the only way to get those features. I have flashed the SM-G981U1 VZW firmware and it works, but no wifi calling or voicemail app.
Hi welcome to AC!

This firmware Verizon specific only-SM-G981V
This firmware universal carrier versions-SM-G981U
This firmware unlocked bloat free Samsung-SM-G981U1

Which firmware you want ?

Mike Wallace6

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
I need a firmware that support voicemail app, HD calling. The unlocked one does not allow these functions. Are you saying flash the SM-G981V firmware with VZW CSC to the SM-G981U hardware? I dont see how that will work due to the MMwave and SD card differences in hardware

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I need a firmware that support voicemail app, HD calling. The unlocked one does not allow these functions. Are you saying flash the SM-G981V firmware with VZW CSC to the SM-G981U hardware? I dont see how that will work due to the MMwave and SD card differences in hardware
I would stay on the SM-G981V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali