[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings

leonardoobay

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
hello droid x con i need help the option to create a new apn shows up but when i make it it never save i have verizon note 2 roooted and have verizon note 2 prepaid i do not use a sim card any help is appreciated

Pikeypete

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to thank you for your contribution.
The APN fix worked perfectly. As did the non Verizon SIM fix.

Truly appreciated.

Pikeypete.

crash4650

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
At first it appeared to work. It got rid of the Verizon APN data (which was locked), and I was able to add a new APN, but it won't save. I don't get an error message that says its not saving. I click the save button and it just doesn't save anything. Anybody else have this problem?

VZW Note 2 Rooted and Unlocked (stock ROM).

Norm Peter

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
This is close to what I want to do with my Galaxy s2 SGH-i727. I can already create new APN, but I'm blocked from selecting it. ATT gophone APN is selected and cant be deselected or edited. I need to be able to access and delete the old APN if possible..??Any suggestions. Phone is now on Consumer Cellular and works except for MMS, which I believe I could fix if I could edit/switch APN.
Norm

Thank you! Adding the APN edit lines allowed me to make and select the proper APN for Consumer Cellular!!

Last edited:

Peter Gazali

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, Hey guys can some one please help me?
so i bought a HTC Thounderbolt 4G verizon Phone and on the site they said that this phone will work for Pageplus even though it is a Verizon but now it won't work they said i would have to program it! i don't know what is that means. i am so new to the Android phone i have always had an Apple iPhones. :/

shurikdm

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So I'm hoping someone can help me out because this is driving me crazy. Ive tried everything imaginable at this point and just had a few quick questions. So I have done the mod exactly as described with the following APN settings on my Verizon Galaxy s3:

Name: ATT PTA
APN: pta
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Multimedia message port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC:410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Ok so i save that. Mobile data is on. I set preferred network mode to LTE/WCMDA and under the second network mode I have MCDMA/GSM (auto connect) selected. And then I click on network operators and it finds AT&T which I am on so I select it. But, I have two huge problems. All that shows up is "E" signal at full bars (I know I get LTE here as I got it with my s4 before it sadly broke). But worse than that, I dont seem to actually be transferring any data out. I cant even text a picture (though this may possibly be because it takes so long it just times out).More frustrating is that under preferred network mode, no matter how much i select LTE/WCDMA it just shws up as WCDMA and as WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) under the second network mode selection. And even more frustrating, if I reboot, none of it sticks and I have to go through and reselect everything all over again.

Ive been messing with this forever now to no avail. Hopefully my detailed description will help someone point out what I'm messing up? :) Thanks to all in advance

kyraj1

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have A GN2 unlocked and i already have the phone switched to metropcs but the internets doesnt work i get calls and text but no internet please help

Jimmy Gipson

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
when i applied these 2 lines to the build prop the entire APN catagory disappeared from the mobile networks tab... now there is no tab labeled APNs... WTF?

lococho1

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
this work for me guys and I have a galaxy s4 from verizon using a t-mobile sim and it's working I just want to see the 4g lte sing instead H+ but the rest is perfec working

lococho1

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You guys are so... good,
this work for me guys and I have a galaxy s4 from verizon using a t-mobile sim and it's working I just want to see the 4g lte sing instead H+ but the rest is perfec working

jfin79

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am on 4.4.2 locked bootloader but have root when these are applied to the build.prop all Apn settings go away any other ideas?

shadowlogic

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I'd like to use my note 2 on straight talk and have network access.. but as it stands I'm running I605VRUEMJ9 rooted. when i do everything this suggests it locks me out of my APN settings, i had an app for a "shortcut" to APN settings, but when i try to add an APN it doesn't save it when i click "settings/save" it's like it removes the APN entirely. i've heard of a bootloader unlock service hosted by a website, but i'm unsure of it being legit, i'd love to run cyanogen mod i have it on my S2 skyrocket.

zovial

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Sir I have been trying to add apn in samsung stellar by verizon as per ur method.but the saved apn is not been detected..can u pls help?

taskr36

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Sadly this didn't work for my Verizon HTC One (M7) running Android 4.4.3. I still can't add or edit the APN on this phone. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

titant

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem with casio C811( version) , I cannot add APN , I would like TO KNOW if this tutorial is ok to use with this model

Would you please guide me where to find any other tips concerning rooting or adding APN for casio c811. Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz