Multiple problems on my HTC U11

Riju2121

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Hello Guys..I am an user of HTC U11 Since 2019..The device was running smoothly till september last year but after that I was encountered with the following problems

1)Wifi-Whenever I am trying to activate the wifi of my device by clicking on the wifi icon,my phone is getting freezed and also the display of my phone is getting off automatically for 2-3 seconds and I am being redirected to the Wifi option of my device.Thereafter the Wifi option is neither getting activated and nor detecting any wifi device nearby..This process is getting repeated whenever I am trying to activate the wifi of the device

2)Sim Card Detection-Whenever I am inserting sim card on my device,the network signal icon is not getting displayed on the top right corner of my device.Further if I click on the Dual Network Manager option in settings page,it s getting displayed that "com.android.phone is not responding.would you like to send an error report to HTC?..This will help us improve our products"

Till Now I have only done factory reset to resolve the problem but it didnt work out.This device is the global variant with dual sim support having 6GB Ram and 128GB Rom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the problem happens in Safe Mode as well, then it's either a firmware or hardware problem. A firmware problem would require you to reflash the stock ROM. I'm not sure how involved that is for a U11 -- you may want to check the forums at XDA-Developers.com.

Riju2121

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the problem happens in Safe Mode as well, then it's either a firmware or hardware problem. A firmware problem would require you to reflash the stock ROM. I'm not sure how involved that is for a U11 -- you may want to check the forums at XDA-Developers.com.

I was also thinking the same that reflashing of the Stock ROM might give the solution.Thank you..I ll definitely see how it can be done

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It does sound to me too, like a hardware failure. Especially if the sim card is failing but coming up with a com.android.phone error. The phone has probably come out of warranty by now.

I would try the XDA forum for a ROm to refresh it or you may need a new phone.

Welcome to the forums