41bcKo5nFFL._AA300_.jpg

About $11 with shipping

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm putting my trust in Borgey and just ordered this card from amazon -

41bcKo5nFFL._AA300_.jpg

About $11 with shipping

it will work trust me. it has worked for almost 20 people so far. if anyone has trouble with this card it is user error no doubt about it. but like i said in an earlier post the results do not lie.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I just clicked it in and out as fast as I could until the command prompt changed...

I used a combination of these methods...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-incredible/98180-prs-complete-rooting-guide.html

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-incredible/99437-video-10min-root-complete-guide.html

I followed the guide in the first link all the way through until the command prompt changed and then after the command prompt changed I picked up right there and followed the video the rest of the way...

EDIT: The first link shows 3 methods. I used method 3. Follow the instructions all the way down to where it says "ADDED BOTH METHODS for shell in recovery" and then skip to where it says "Method 3"

Last edited:

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
The pny 4gb class 4 works great, I put about 15-20 hours in trying every Sandisk I had(about 7 - 8) and after 4 tries with the pny, I had root!

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
this is where I'm having trouble

"Plug USB in and wait another 10 seconds for your computer to detect the phone"

Windows never detects my phone

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed that my Android 1.0 driver doesnt load when HTC Sync is uninstalled. My laptop will also say HTC Bootloader w/o Sync Installed....as soon as Sync is installed,my laptop acts like i never plug anything into it unless i'm mounting my disks.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
That looks promising!

yup unrEVOked just told me it will be out within 24 hours. i have been chatting with the team all weekend about it. sit tight everyone and we will have clockwork on our phones in no time :p. as soon as it comes out i will post a thread with directions and downloads

MrGixxer6

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
ok so this will allow us to modify system\ from within the phone now rather than having to use ADB correct? So i will be able to use root explorer to delete cityid and what not correct? just want to be clear. Thanks

browns1

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've tried every one of the ways listed on these forums except for buying a new miniSD card, and none of them have worked. Is there any chance that they'll release a new and better way of rooting the phone with the release of the NAND unlock?

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried every one of the ways listed on these forums except for buying a new miniSD card, and none of them have worked. Is there any chance that they'll release a new and better way of rooting the phone with the release of the NAND unlock?

I believe that's what's keeping this from being released. They are working on an easier way to get root Io

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried 7 or 8 different sandisk sd cards and after 15 or so hours of trying every method out there, I bought a 4gb class4 pny sd card and it worked on the fourth try. The sd card may be the most important aspect of getting root. The ones that I've heard work the best are the one that I mentioned, the 2gb pny and 4gb kingston class 4. You can get any of those at Fred Meyer or Wall Mart, they are very common cards and fairly cheap. Good luck.

jermaine151

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried 7 or 8 different sandisk sd cards and after 15 or so hours of trying every method out there, I bought a 4gb class4 pny sd card and it worked on the fourth try. The sd card may be the most important aspect of getting root. The ones that I've heard work the best are the one that I mentioned, the 2gb pny and 4gb kingston class 4. You can get any of those at Fred Meyer or Wall Mart, they are very common cards and fairly cheap. Good luck.

I thought the same thing and almost gave up on my Sandisk 4GB class 2. I booted into my linux partition, cuz the windows drivers were getting on my nerves and had it within an hour using the ./adb reboot recovery with the loop running. I pushed my card in a second or 2 after the screen flicker and that was about a 1/2 second before the black recovery screen. If any of you guys are at all familiar with linux, try doing it via linux (you can download a live CD/DVD/USB image to boot with so you don't disturb your current system).

I hope that helps.

Anyone know why I got "permission denied" in recovery, as root, when trying to rm CityID.apk and other .apk's that I don't want?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way of telling, from the packaging, what class a card is? I am going to Best Buy after work to look for one and want to know what I am looking for.

The last few cards I've bought on the top right corner of the packaging it says the class. To people with highspeed cameras it's important to them so it will be somewhere on the packaging.

Unrevoked just posted a link on their twitter to here:
unrevoked2 reflash tool

Under the banner it says "see you soon" and on his twitter he said "see you tomorrow".......uh huh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver