New Droid X user but I am torn and here is why...

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You made the right choice in the first place, and it is one of the few choices in today's evolving-tech world where the hardware and technology will stay current and relevant at least until you start thinking about what to get for your "new every two." In short, enjoy it and don't worry about what else is out there - you're at the top of the pile.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everything above, especially the Swype keyboard. I got my X a couple days after release and didn't even attempt the Swype for a month or so. Once I did, though, I was hooked. It's GREAT! Wouldn't want to go back to a traditional keyboard again. The screen size and the large keyboard, especially compared to the BB Storm 2, make it a breeze to operate, even if you are using multi-touch.

Also, the Droid's large screen and multiple home screens soon become adapted to your own personal use and, with Launcher Pro Plus added to the mix ... can't beat it.

I'm on Verizon and have been very content with their service in my area. Rare for dropped calls and I get a consistent signal. I started with 2.1, upgraded to stock 2.2 and have stayed with it. With 2.1, I had major battery life issues, but with 2.2 it's much better (being careful to keep power-draining apps closed down).

I doubt you will be sorry about having the X. I haven't seen anything since its release that would even temp me away. It's amazing!!!

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I just came over from Sprint where I was using an Epic 4G. While I didn't have 4G service in my area the phone itself was pretty nice. The keyboard was nice and needed. The processor was pretty sweet as well but something about the screen on the Droid X just lured me in. After purchasing the Droid X and playing with it, I can I have somewhat fallen in love with it. But there is that "it" wondering what would have been if I had gone with the Droid 2 or the Fascinate. I had the original Droid before and I loved it I can't lie. The keyboard was the biggest thing that wowed me or lured me in I should say. With the Fascinate I know what I am getting being that it was and is apart of the Galaxy S family. The screen resolution on that phone was beyond enamoring to me. All and all I love the Droid X...I guess I am looking for you guys to co-sign my decision on keeping it. Upon reading reviews on Phonescoop I see the Droid X out does the Droid 2 and Fascinate. Thanks in advance for the feedback guys.

you never told me what happened to your epic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000