New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, loving the battery life. Not my heaviest day but not bad and still 65% left.
895758fdba6ae5db96f23d704d454f25.jpg

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Higher. I reset the statistics recently but the screen time is creeping back up. Usually around 4 hours.
Just curious, I usually get low 3s. might be because I use survey panel apps to get a few extra bucks ;) I downloaded the battery monitoring app to test it.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
bump - i just bought a refurb galaxy s5 that currently has kit kat installed. i downloaded the lollipop update, but have not yet installed it. has the newest VZW update gotten rid of all the problems? or should i stick with kit kat? thanks

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
My S5 is working pretty great! I only have a couple problems, like wifi won't connect or I lose all my phone signal after switching from wifi to data. All my problems are solved by restarting my phone though.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My S5 is working pretty great! I only have a couple problems, like wifi won't connect or I lose all my phone signal after switching from wifi to data. All my problems are solved by restarting my phone though.

that's slightly disconcerting. did you do a factory reset after upgrading? i was hoping that 100% of the issues would have been resolved by now, but i guess i can live with small issues here and there. thanks for the reply by the way

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
that's slightly disconcerting. did you do a factory reset after upgrading? i was hoping that 100% of the issues would have been resolved by now, but i guess i can live with small issues here and there. thanks for the reply by the way
Yup. I did a full reset and it took care of a couple of the issues like overheating and battery issues. Honestly, alot of the problems seemed to come from apps that just were optimized for 5.0. They just didn't want to work. If you do a full reset immediately after upgrading, I think you'll be fine.

Honestly though, there's not enough new useful features to upgrade other than to satisfy your own curiosity. That's just what I noticed though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia