New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??

John Oliver4

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
So I guess I got the update this morning. S5 said there was one to install and I hit okay. I was hoping it would fix my biggest issue since getting lollipop and it didn't. I hav the LG bluetooth headphones and they worked fine with my phone prior to lollipop, but since that update and even still today after the other update they work when I make phone calls, but if I try to play music or watchespn (media) the sound just comes through the phone like the headset isn't even turned on. Everything says that they are connected and the media and calls boxes are checked in the bluetooth settings. I love the S5 prior to this, but will just have to switch to Apple as bad as I hate to.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Did the update yesterday, so far so good, did a system cache reset after the update was done. Unlike the original lollipop update the phone is running great it even seems faster and smoother. I have a G900V

the update I applied was G900VVRU1BOC4

Cruzzer08

May 8, 2014
Visit site
hav the LG bluetooth headphones and they worked fine with my phone prior to lollipop, but since that update and even still today after the other update they work when I make phone calls, but if I try to play music or watchespn (media) the sound just comes through the phone like the headset isn't even turned on. .

Had that problem with my Bluetooth speakers. "Sound About" seemed to be the culprit, uninstalled and re-installed for the fix.

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Installed the new build on my phone. Worked the first time. No installation errors. Did a cache partition wipe and was ready to go...

...and then found out it crippled my phone's performance!

Continuous force closes of Google Play Services. No longer able to update apps without installation errors. Sluggish performance. Inability to save music for offline use on Play Music.

Ended up having to factory reset my phone. Hoping that proves to be the solution...AGAIN!

So the build to fix the buggy build is itself even BUGGIER!

*sigh*

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Two little things I've noticed since updating a couple of hours ago:

The volume bar seems to be offset slightly to the left when I try to adjust. It's fully functional; I just seem to recall it being centered visually before. Not an issue, at all.
The other thing is that when I'm done with a phone call, and move the phone away from my face, I can hang up immediately. Previously, there seemed to be an annoying 2-3 second delay before I could actually end the call because the screen would remain dark.

If I come up with anyone else, I'll post it.

I take it back. Just ended a phone call and had to wait almost 3-4 seconds before the screen let me hang up (it just stays black during the wait).

I find this to be a real pain in the ***; and I don't want to program my phone to hang up with the Power button. I shouldn't have to.

GoldenMolden

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I installed the update the other day, and with at least two full days of use nothing has changed with my phone's lame performance. It's still laggy, battery doesn't last more than 6-7 hours, it's burning hot, bluetooth continues to fail, and on, and on, and on.... If something isn't done about this sorry excuse of an OS update (Lollipop) I might have no choice but to return to the dark side - iPhone. For all of the things I hated about the iPhone and Apple in general, I NEVER had this many performance issues with it.

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset after the update? besides wiping the cache, I always do a FR after every major OS update. I know you may think a FR sucks but as long as you back stuff up (Via cloud and PC) it really isn't that bad anymore.

The only suggestion I can give is to do a FR.. Just do it.. that solves soooo many issues.. at least for most folks. I have never had any issues after a FR due to major OS update. S3 was the same way .. GL

barthawk

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the boot recovery thing happen to me the first time this morning, but was then able to update the system, which involved re-downloading the update. So far so good.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my S5 (Verizon) to the new built (BOC4). Everything went well. I did a cache partition after the upgrade and rebooted my phone. Everything is much more snappier and smoother even though built BOA8 was good. My battery life was great before with build BOA8. Will have to wait and see how the battery life will be now.

Not sure what changed in this new built. Anyone have any idea what is new in this built (BOC4)?

jbwn1259

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I was reading some of these replies and thought might as well do it. Mine updated on it's own overnight at 3:21am. Rebooted itself. So far working good. It does seem pretty fast so far. Shows as B0C4. I do have a screen shot but took sd card out and couldn't pull the screen shot up to transfer to computer. All other pic showed up. Do I need to just use the usb cable. Will I be able to pull it up then?

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My scenario: I updated to Lollipop and had the lag, battery drain, and over-heating issues. Did a FDR - all is well. Still some lag here and there, but the main issue of over-heating and battery draining was solved.

Question: Should I upgrade to B0C4? Or should I stay at B0A8 for now? This thread has some mixed reviews so far, wish we had a poll somewhere in here...

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Updated my S5 today, all went well. Still wondering what exactly the update did....
edit: I see something about pinning apps, what the hell is the point of that? >_>

uglysquid

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Long story short, the first two attempts failed for me with error 410. The third worked. All I did was free up some space.

Longer version: After each failed attempt, it said system update is unavailable, try again later, and it did come back after a while. After two attempts, Verizon Tech Support transferred me to Samsung, who said to take it to best buy or use kies. Kies said there is no update. I only had 1 GB free space on my phone, so I cleared out some stuff and made 2.15 GB available (this is after downloading the update), and the update succeeded. Free space is now 2.52 GB, probably because it deleted the downloaded update file.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
After one day of the update I'm very please. Phone is snappy again. No more random "unfortunately contacts has stopped". No more lag. Battery life doubled. 8am to 11:59pm with full use.

Instant response on nearly all apps. Still wish they'd go back to the old volume settings via the volume rocker (easily modify ring, notification, media, and system volume).

Happy camper here!

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded this morning. Smooth install...took about 10 min to "Optimize 351 apps".

Will report back as the day progresses, but so far so good.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
What was this update this morning? Cause now my phone is over heating a bit ever after clearing my cache partition, and I still don't have 5.1...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
What was this update this morning? Cause now my phone is over heating a bit ever after clearing my cache partition, and I still don't have 5.1...

As per the thread title..."New Verizon 5.0 lollipop Build Dropped today??". Android 5.1 has not been released by Samsung yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe