Newbie - Help Needed Recovering My Phone Please

MonoJoker

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently purchased a used LG G2 (D802T Australian model) with (from memory) Jellybean on it. Foolishly I went to settings within Android and tried to upgrade to Lollipop. When it restarted it booted into CWM Recovery 6.x and would go no further.

Then began my journey of Googling and without success trying to restore it back to a usable phone. So far I've tried 2 different XDA threads on how to reset it back to stock using LGFlashTools but no luck. I've managed to now get it to boot into TeamWin recovery but that's just a replacement for CWM... The 1.6GB firmware I downloaded from here: Directory Listing of //Xda/LG G2/Stock/D802T/ is that the Recovery AND the operating system? I've got ADB installed and tried to sideload a new OS but it always says unable to read "filename.zip" when I do so. The fix for this is to run Large Address Aware but that hasn't done anything either.

Basically I don't know what I'm doing - if not obvious from the above. All I want is to either get the phone back to stock Android 4.whatever or if it will handle it, Lollipop.

Does anyone know of some working tutorials online on how to do this? Preferably easily understood by a non-droid (but reasonably tech savvy in general) individual?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Looking at this stock ROM guide for a G2 there are apparently at least three variations (by carrier and/or phone configuration) of Australian ROMs. I have to wonder if that link you provided was actually the ROM for your particular model? If not that might be part of the problem where you got bounced back to Recovery Mode.
Restore LG G2 to Stock Firmware (D802/AT&T/Sprint/Vzw/Can)
Anyway, the link above puts your phone back to KitKat so if you can at least get your phone up and running again then you can work on rooting or upgrading it later.

MonoJoker

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Looking at this stock ROM guide for a G2 there are apparently at least three variations (by carrier and/or phone configuration) of Australian ROMs. I have to wonder if that link you provided was actually the ROM for your particular model? If not that might be part of the problem where you got bounced back to Recovery Mode.
Restore LG G2 to Stock Firmware (D802/AT&T/Sprint/Vzw/Can)
Anyway, the link above puts your phone back to KitKat so if you can at least get your phone up and running again then you can work on rooting or upgrading it later.

Thanks I will give that a shot. I think the phone is rooted so it should just be a case of fixing the boot issue. One thread I found here might help: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/fix-stuck-custom-recovery-trying-ota-t2907508

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174