Nexus S 4G ICS Bugs

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get 100 % before why now is it stopping at 94 could be bad battery

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

This has been discussed countless times. The phone does not charge beyond 94%.

Let's just face facts, this phone's radio's are what kill the battery. You can try all the tweaks, stop all your auto-syncing, and disable wifi all you want - the fact remains, this phone's radios are awful.

Just yesterday I was trying to stream some Slacker radio on the porch and it kept stopping because I had no wifi signal. I was literally 20 feet away from my router. My wife's iphone had 3 bars of connection and streamed flawlessly.

If you're on sprint you already know their data sucks. Throw in a phone with crappy radio's and it gets even worse. I rarely have a strong signal on this phone and the less signal you have the harder your battery gets hit. Sometimes my phone will lose 20% in an hour without me touching it.

I keep coming back to this phone (i've had 4 different NS4g's in the past 2 years) and it's always the same deal. I love having stock ICS and all the tinkering but the poor reception just wears me down and i end up ditching it.

My contract is finally up in a month and I can't wait to jump ship to the EVO 4g LTE. I will finally be able to say "see you later!" to samsung and their poor hardware.

I can't wait!

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone having applications that were installed in gingerbread, not working on the "Ice Cream Sandwich" ics upgrade?

i paid for spades king & loved it..

after the ics update, it won't load, instead i get a very fast closing pop-up reading "unfortunately spades king has stopped" .. going into the app, the option to move it to usb storage is greyed out ...

multiple un-installs / re-installs doesn't help... i've long ago wrote the devs about the issue -

Thank you for contacting Android Support for Magmic products. Your request (Ticket #119186) has been updated. You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Queue Wait Time: *LOW*. You should expect a response within 1 to 2 business days, but it may be less.

Below you will find all the info relevant to your Support Ticket:
Ticket Subject: Spades King
Ticket ID: 119186
Comments:
Justin Price, Apr 17 09:23 (EDT):

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I've included this in a report for our developers to further investigate and will reply as soon as I hear from them.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

-----------------------------------------------
Justin Price
Customer Support

no1???

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone having applications that were installed in gingerbread, not working on the "Ice Cream Sandwich" ics upgrade?

i paid for spades king & loved it..

after the ics update, it won't load, instead i get a very fast closing pop-up reading "unfortunately spades king has stopped" .. going into the app, the option to move it to usb storage is greyed out ...

multiple un-installs / re-installs doesn't help... i've long ago wrote the devs about the issue -

Thank you for contacting Android Support for Magmic products. Your request (Ticket #119186) has been updated. You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Queue Wait Time: *LOW*. You should expect a response within 1 to 2 business days, but it may be less.

Below you will find all the info relevant to your Support Ticket:
Ticket Subject: Spades King
Ticket ID: 119186
Comments:
Justin Price, Apr 17 09:23 (EDT):

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I've included this in a report for our developers to further investigate and will reply as soon as I hear from them.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

-----------------------------------------------
Justin Price
Customer Support

must be a bug with the ap itself, there's no data in it's cache at all.. i even attempted to search for the .apk to spades king, to side load it, by logging in to google play & changing firefox's user agent string to an android browser.. i un-installed the game from my phone, & attempted to download it through the computer's browser.. lol the stupid thing simply installed back to the phone!

there's still a 1gig partition allocated for aps since the update to ics, i thought ics used the whole storage point of 14 gigs left, to be shared... it's the same still as it was in gingerbread... spades king doesn't prompt for an option of where i would like to download it, it simple uses that 1g partition as default.. maan the game wasn't even free, & i'd love to utlize it..

i'm here already trying to figure out what's up & the developers of the app have been mum .. virtual dialect has been whimsical this season.. lol wtf is up/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201