Nexus s vs evo lte screen

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I use to think the nexus s had the best screen in the world and lcd could never look as good as led. Just fired up the nexus s.

Screen looks washed out. And wow. The keyboard is so small hahahaha. I can never have a small screen phone again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
...LCD can be LED backlit or backlit with other methods and AMOLED doesn't require a separate backlight, but LCD is not LED.

Absolutely correct.

And, unfortunately, the mis-marketing of so-called "LED TV's" has completely ruined terminology, since there really is no such thing as an "LED TV", they are "LCD TV's" that happen to use LED backlighting instead of florescent backlighting. We never called the former "Fluorescent TV's".

Same marketing crap that has now contaminated the public into thinking storage is "memory".

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
since there really is no such thing as an "LED TV"
That's not exactly true. There are OLED TVs. Although we do refer to them as OLED TV as opposed to LED TV, the general public has no idea what the difference is.

crxssi said:
Same marketing crap that has now contaminated the public into thinking storage is "memory".
The public needs no new marketing to make that mistake. Even 20 years ago, when I tell people their computers need more memory, they would think I'm talking about hard drive space. Or they'd tell me their computers are running low on memory, when they mean they're running out of storage space.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's not exactly true. There are OLED TVs. Although we do refer to them as OLED TV as opposed to LED TV, the general public has no idea what the difference is.

While that is true, I don't think I have ever laid eyes or hands on an OLED TV before. Have you?

The public needs no new marketing to make that mistake. Even 20 years ago, when I tell people their computers need more memory, they would think I'm talking about hard drive space. Or they'd tell me their computers are running low on memory, when they mean they're running out of storage space.

Still, no reason to still further the confusion. Speaking of which, my Mom asked how big the "hard drive" was inside her Evo the last time I visited. Ug!!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
While that is true, I don't think I have ever laid eyes or hands on an OLED TV before. Have you?

Still, no reason to still further the confusion. Speaking of which, my Mom asked how big the "hard drive" was inside her Evo the last time I visited. Ug!!

That information is not necessary for your mom. As long as she can make and receive calls, she's fine. Or also text if she's so inclined. Everyone need not possess technical knowledge of an instrument in order to enjoy it. My mom has had a cell phone for 10 and still doesn't know how to text. And that's okay because she doesn't need that knowledge.
Everyone isn't a tech enthusiast. Your mom Mike be enthused about sewing and can't figure out why you haven't taken it up as a hobby. Probably doesn't interest you.
A lot of folk couldn't care less how a mobile device works or what some of technical jargon is. And rightfully so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD