Non-Rooted Kindle Fire 1st Gen Not Recognized on computer.

ryandicenzo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an original Kindle Fire that has been rooted, but unrooted a while ago. I am going to re-root it but I can't get it to come up on devices and printers.
My kindle charging port has had issues, I have to wiggle it around to get it to charge. Is it possible that it can charge but can't sync?
If anyone has any ideas how to fix that I would greatly appreciate it. (I can't solder as I don't own a soldering gun)
There are no kindle drivers installed on device manager.
I have attempted to install drivers from kfu but it would not install them, it says it failed. I have tried so far on a win 8.1 a windows 7, and a windows xp.
I have twrp installed and the Kindle does charge on my computer with a orange light. My goal is to remove the kindle rom and make it android, as the kindle os urks me.
The cable I am using is from a kindle reader, but syncs the reader, just not my kindle.
If there is a way to restore before a restore lol.. --just throwing out ideas here..-- please let me know.
Software version is 6.3.2 if that helps. (Most updated version for 1st gen I assume)
Thank you for reading all of this if you have, many thanks,
~Ryan

Griffin Schoenherr

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ryan. I seem to be having the same problem. My computer isn't recognizing my computer at all. However, I'm rooted and stuck in TWRP recovery without a rom installed. Please let me know if you find some sort of closure on this.

ryandicenzo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan. I seem to be having the same problem. My computer isn't recognizing my computer at all. However, I'm rooted and stuck in TWRP recovery without a rom installed. Please let me know if you find some sort of closure on this.

I am searching for fixes and if I figure something out I will definitely let you know.

Cheers,
Ryan

gfhopper

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ryan, any luck?

I'm having a similar problem:

Fire 7" (1st Gen) will not boot if any USB cable is inserted...

The device will boot if no USB cable is inserted. The device will shut down when you insert a USB cable. The device will charge if it is plugged in (USB cable and AC charger.) The device will not boot with the cable plugged in (AC adapter or computer) and the power button never goes green. With a usb cable plugged into a computer, the computer will not recognize the device (and it shuts down immediately upon the cable being plugged in to the Kindle.)

When I received it, I noticed that the case had been opened (or at least pried on.) Also, the USB connector was loose. I removed the board, re-soldered the connector (it appears to be intact now, but the connections are TINY so there is a limit to what I'm sure of) and reinstalled the board. Behaves the same way. I performed a 'power button' reset to the device and there was no change. I performed a factory reset and there was no change to the behavior.

Next I purchased the N2A fastboot cable thinking that would allow me to boot the thing and force a real reset (and install a non-kindle version of android), but I went through everything again and there is no change in how it reacts. The moment that USB cable gets plugged into the kindle, it shuts down. I think I followed the instructions properly (they aren't that complicated) but I'm having no success. Any suggestions?

Grant

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP