Note 5 wont charge usb or wireless

smoke skull

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Phone was working flawlessly but not used since Dec 2018 due to new S8. I turned it on yesterday and it powers up fine but wont take a charge. I tried different cables, chargers and charge pads. Even did a factory reset. When I plug it into my laptop it makes a popping noise from the pc speakers and wont connect. I also tried another battery.
I noticed the bottom right corner of the screen is delamination that was not there before.
Could this be a bad charge port? Anyone have a wiring schematic for the phone so I can see if I have a short in the port. It's weird cause the phone worked perfect. No drops or liquid damage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already make sure the port is clear of any debris (by using a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a toothpick to root around)? Although I'm not sure how a bad port would also affect wireless charging.

smoke skull

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a USB volt/amp meter and it says the phone is drawing 2.45A without even a battery in it. I noticed the heatsink near the camera is getting warm. From what I can tell thats where the phones charging IC is located so I am assuming that may be shorted out. Bummer. The part is like $5.00 but I dont thing I have the skillz to do it.
I wonder if anyone has a phone with a bad LCD that would part with the mainboard?

mdZX

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
I have used some CRC Electronics spray cleaner on my charging port and earphone jack when I couldn't get a good connection. Its non-conductive so it won't hurt or short anything out. I shut the phone off anyways and allowed a minute or two for it to evaporate. It solved my charging issues for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967