Note 7 Canada Recall - Got your new Note 7 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoryuken

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
They didn't send me a return box... What happens if I decide to keep it?... LOL (My IMEI says it is safe and not affected when I used the Samsung checker.)

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
They didn't send me a return box... What happens if I decide to keep it?... LOL (My IMEI says it is safe and not affected when I used the Samsung checker.)

I didn't get one either. I'm not paying to send these back so if they want them they'll send me a return package. This province isn't listed in the drop off locations list. There is a number to call if your unable to drop it off so will call them tomorrow. 1-855-747-6520

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Just received mine. Black square is present. There is no Rogers bloatware so I assume the device is unlocked.

Also the fast charging toggle is now where to be found. Any ideas?

Hugh_Jass

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I called Samsung yesterday. I was told the new phones would start shipping on September 21st. They took my IMEI number and said they would expedite the return. I elected to pick up the new phone from where I bought it. I hope they call soon as I am headed down to the USA at the end of the month.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Bought mine online from Samsung.com

Just called two Rogers stores in Vancouver and they had no idea when the new shipment would arrive. Meanwhile I am enjoying mine as usual except I disabled fast charging. So far I am alive and have no burn hole in my jeans pocket. However, I'd love to put this BS behind me and forget this whole mess. Love my Note7.

Intercooler

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Happy for everyone that has received their replacement note 7s. I am about to give up on this phone now due to lack of concrete information from Samsung customer service people. The more i call them on when my replacement unit will come in, the more confused i get. I have decided not to chase them anymore.
It is a shame the LGV20 is not available yet. I am also looking at portable tablets that has LTE functionality e.g Asus Zenfone Ultra etc. I really hate Samsung now...

Hugh_Jass

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Happy for everyone that has received their replacement note 7s. I am about to give up on this phone now due to lack of concrete information from Samsung customer service people. The more i call them on when my replacement unit will come in, the more confused i get. I have decided not to chase them anymore.
It is a shame the LGV20 is not available yet. I am also looking at portable tablets that has LTE functionality e.g Asus Zenfone Ultra etc. I really hate Samsung now...

You said earlier you got a call and that they were going to mail you your replacement Note 7. You haven't got any notice of delivery yet? If they mailed it they should have given you a tracking number. Keep calling Samsung Canada at 1-800-517-3507.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I filled out the online exchange form the first day but I opted for exchange at store. I think that's what delayed mine. I got a call from Samsung today asking which store they want my phone shipped to but I asked if they could fed ex it to my business instead. She said no problem. She said just watch for a shipping notification now.

Intercooler

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes buddy. I thought i should have gotten a shipping notification now; but none yet. They want to ship 500,000 replacement phones to US tomorrow, but Samsung Canada cannot ship 21,953 phones to Canada in 1 day. It is absolutely disgusting to say the least. Samsung is treating us like the retarded little brother of the US. As a Canadian, I think it is direspectful. Shame on Samsung. I was eager to get this phone, now I am getting pissed.

KallyPhornia

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a call from Samsung on Friday asking for the address of the store I wanted it sent to... I too requested to change to it being sent to my home. The gal on the phone confirmed my address. I just got an email today from Samsung asking for the retailers address and to reply to the email of I wanted it sent to my home. It took them forever to contact me and now they keep contacting me but I still don't know what's going on. Anyways, here's to hoping it's on its way.

Intercooler

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I got a call from Samsung on Friday asking for the address of the store I wanted it sent to... I too requested to change to it being sent to my home. The gal on the phone confirmed my address. I just got an email today from Samsung asking for the retailers address and to reply to the email of I wanted it sent to my home. It took them forever to contact me and now they keep contacting me but I still don't know what's going on. Anyways, here's to hoping it's on its way.

Same here. Got another stupid mail on where to ship it to after speaking with her on Saturday and promising to expedite it. Let us see what they will do next.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I was the poster boy for calling for patience. However that patience is wearing thin. Yesterday I got yet another email with an online form wondering where to send the phone. That was the third time I provided that information. There are only 24000 phones in Canada. Just send me the freaking phone already.

Intercooler

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I was the poster boy for calling for patience. However that patience is wearing thin. Yesterday I got yet another email with an online form wondering where to send the phone. That was the third time I provided that information. There are only 24000 phones in Canada. Just send me the freaking phone already.

Welcome to the club buddy. Samsung Canada is hopeless. I am thinking of going in to CBC and CTV News now if I dont get that phone by this weekend. Words cannot express how upset I am now with Samsung Canada.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Noticed on another thread that the US customers are getting a $25 credit from Samsung. Did anyone get this in Canada?

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
So I bought mine on August 29th , and I still haven't received the replacement, so I really don't know why it's taking so long , in the meantime I'm still using the note 7 I have not had any issues with the battery getting really warm ,also I've disabled fast charging , so yeah no issues , but come on samsung !!

Hugh_Jass

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Noticed on another thread that the US customers are getting a $25 credit from Samsung. Did anyone get this in Canada?

Yeah I saw on another thread someone showed three $10 gift cards including an apology type letter from Samsung USA. I hope Samsung Canada follows suit. Some people here said they got their replacement phones in the mail. What else came with the phone, if anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90