Official Facebook not Syncing thread

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't be privacy settings, I can see the pics from full facebook or touch.facebook.

As for not allowing third parties, can't be that because it works for some of my friends, but not others.

Frustrating.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can't be privacy settings, I can see the pics from full facebook or touch.facebook.

As for not allowing third parties, can't be that because it works for some of my friends, but not others.

Frustrating.

No, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

It's a privacy setting that the People app isn't addressing correctly so it can't see the pictures. It's not that your account is being blocked from the photos, just that the app doesn't interact properly.

That's why it works for some and not others: the people you can't see have a higher level of privacy on their account which interferes with you seeing the picture through the People app.

MAD WIL

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
...its definitely in that person's profile privacy settings not to allow access to mobile/3rd party apps (phones, xbox live, etc) . One of my friends pics can only be viewed from the desktop version...

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Me too

I have the same problem..... drives me nuts!!!

Me too, especially since this feature/function works perfectly in webOS. I was happy to see HTC Sense has a lot of the same capabilities as Synergy, especially pulling info and profile pics from Facebook, but I really hope in the next release of Sense a profile pic change on FB will update on the Evo.

Anyone know if other Sense phones do the same thing or do some like the Incredible actually update accurately?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea I see this too with the pics. I dont check the status updates though. I just like the pics for my contacts.

I got a few to force update, but I fiddled with the contacts alot and forget how I got them to update.
Another thing is if you have a specifict contact you want to override their FB picture and use a custom one. Took fiddling and I forget how I did it, but I did it. lol

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea I see this too with the pics. I dont check the status updates though. I just like the pics for my contacts.

I got a few to force update, but I fiddled with the contacts alot and forget how I got them to update.
Another thing is if you have a specifict contact you want to override their FB picture and use a custom one. Took fiddling and I forget how I did it, but I did it. lol

Yeah that I can do (open the contact, click the "link" and then you can select pictures from the drop down if they are from multiple accounts or you can assign any picture on the camera to a contact from the Gallery).

masbirdies

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you sync manually (like I do) Settings > accounts & sync > facebook for HTC sense >Sync contacts.

If you have background data and auto-sync checked.... Facebook for HTC sense > check the box next to Sync contacts.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you sync manually (like I do) Settings > accounts & sync > facebook for HTC sense >Sync contacts.

If you have background data and auto-sync checked.... Facebook for HTC sense > check the box next to Sync contacts.

Yeah, I have the sync checked and set to sync ever two hours (but just contacts, I have "sync live feed" unchecked since I don't use friendstream). Hitting "sync now" doesn't really do anything.

Thanks for the info!

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for HTC Sense, not syncing at all

So yesterday I had to remove Facebook for HTC sense because something on it wasn't working correctly, and removing it and re-adding it always fixed the issue. Well now today I added it back on there, and now it will not find any friends. Just says 0..

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Is your facebook account even there when you go to Accounts and Sync? If it is, remove it and add it again. If not, just add it.

Or go to market and uninstall facebook.
Then re-install it.
Then go to accounts and sync and add your account.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having strange issues with FB as well. Mostly been trying to get the phone to update profile pictures. When I go into FB from the 'people' app it will show the current photos, but when I sync/update my 'people' app it will give that 'connection error' message.
(I am going into People --> tap the globe --> tap Facebook --> Menu --> Refresh)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is your facebook account even there when you go to Accounts and Sync? If it is, remove it and add it again. If not, just add it.

Or go to market and uninstall facebook.
Then re-install it.
Then go to accounts and sync and add your account.

I think your getting the App and Facebook for HTC sense mixed up. My Facebook for HTC sense is under accounts and sync. Then I have the other app

I get the same connection error

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I don't use anything sense.

I don't know what to say. Check your connection? lol...
If it doesn't seem to work after a while you can always bump this thread up at another time, where different users might be seeing the same problem and might have a fix.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The only issue that I have is that the facebook pictures don't update. The pictures I have are the same from when I first got the phone. It is no big deal for me because everything else still syncs correctly. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Indianmack

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem. I downloaded the facebook for android on my evo for the hell of it and now my sync will not work at all with htc sense. It was working three hours ago before I downloaded facebook for android. I tried removing and putting it back and manually syncing but no luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred