Old unread notifications to disappear when getting a new message

Craig1994

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to the S10 having been an iphone user all my life. What I can't fathom is how to make my unread notifications disappear like they do IOS.

For clarity purposes;

If someone messages me on what's app, and i dont open the message in the application but rather just pull down the notification panel and clear the message away, I will still get a repeat notification of that unread message if someone else messages me. Which specific setting is it for this to work or is it genuinely not possible?

I feel like I've tried everything but I hope I am wrong and there is some really simple answer to this. IOS does this automatically, which having thought android is the king of customisation, surely there is a way to do this.

It will do this for everything that is unread. I dont always want to be forced into opening the message for it to fully disappear.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you emailed the app developer? In the Play Store there are links on each app page that allow you contact the app developer of the app. iOS and Android apps don't always have the same functions, settings or options even when they are for the same app. It may have been an oversight on their part or maybe they couldn't get it to work on Android but I've seen a similar complaint about this with WhatsApp and it is an app issue. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but there's no way around it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choll