One month in on my S4 and only two things that still really annoy me

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
The two things that still annoy me - though not enough to really dislike the phone - they're just such little things I wonder why Samsung made the choices they did:

The volume button on the left. Not convenient, not standard, not easy. I think the majority of phones are on the right (at least all of the phones I've owned). That always frustrates me. I'll go to adjust the volume and turn the phone off. I wish Google would force SOME standards with Android - jack on the bottom and the type of jack, volume on the right, headphone jack on top - little things like that. Oh well....

The Samsung logo and the Home button. At a glance, I get the up and down confused pretty often. Maybe it's just me. Not a big deal, but minor frustration!

One other thing that came to mind as I type this is that the camera is not very quick to focus. I've taken many out of focus pictures and it's proving not to be the best to get any type of action photo, at least not in my limited experience so far.

Even with these things, this is still an incredible phone and I don't regret it for a minute!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The two things that still annoy me - though not enough to really dislike the phone - they're just such little things I wonder why Samsung made the choices they did:

The volume button on the left. Not convenient, not standard, not easy. I think the majority of phones are on the right (at least all of the phones I've owned). That always frustrates me. I'll go to adjust the volume and turn the phone off. I wish Google would force SOME standards with Android - jack on the bottom and the type of jack, volume on the right, headphone jack on top - little things like that. Oh well....

The Samsung logo and the Home button. At a glance, I get the up and down confused pretty often. Maybe it's just me. Not a big deal, but minor frustration!

One other thing that came to mind as I type this is that the camera is not very quick to focus. I've taken many out of focus pictures and it's proving not to be the best to get any type of action photo, at least not in my limited experience so far.

Even with these things, this is still an incredible phone and I don't regret it for a minute!

Thats funny you say that. I thought I was the only one. I constantly hold my phone upside down. I know the samsung logo/speaker vs the home button dont look the same but It still tricks me sometimes.
I had a problem with the hole UI, so I am now running the Google play edition ROM and I have not camera issues now. Very fast.
and the volume thing isnt an issue for me. I hit it once and then I use the touch screen to adjust the volume.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I get out of focus pictures when I don't hold it steady. Other than that...

---Odd, but every phone I've had has the volume controls on the left.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I get out of focus pictures when I don't hold it steady. Other than that...

---Odd, but every phone I've had has the volume controls on the left.

Every phone I've ever had had volume on the left as well. I actually think that's the industry standard. Still I can see the problem for the OP who isn't used to it.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Am I correct in saying Apple also put their volume on the left. Never been a problem with me. My old Nokia from almost 10 years ago, also one the left. My Tocco Lite, on the left (as far as I remember), my other Samsung, on the left, same with my iPod. Fair enough if that doesn't work for you, but for me it's fine

Valid complaint about the camera. Mine end up slightly out of focus... But then my arm isn't exactly steady

Posted via Android Central App

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Well apparently it's just because my two previous phones had the volume on the right - I guess I got used to the exception then!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards