OTA sideload question

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sideloading

XDA would be your best bet. They have an OTA resource thread over there that compiles all the builds and such.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does any one know if there is an ota for 6.0 for the T-Mobile LYZ28N build

There is no OTA (currently) from the LYZ28N build, and there's no way to roll it back to prior builds from which there are OTA files short of flashing them - and if you were going to do that, you may as well just flash the 6.0 build. Good news is, unlike the old days, you'll lose very little in terms of app data, etc, so long as you have your device set up to sync such information. Only things I 'lost' were captured media (which had already been synced to Photos) and messaging, and only things I had to do to get back up 100% were to log in to a few apps and to set up my office email again.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what site I can get the file you're talking about? Droid-life, XDA, AC, Android police don't have the original ota file. If Google has it, where exactly can I find it?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
And that will work?

Absolutely. It's a little lengthier process (took me about 20 minutes to do it, then took a while of course for the phone to download all the apps again), but it basically overwrites the phone completely.

Just two caveats, though:

First, be sure to doublecheck your backup/restore settings (under Settings > Backup & reset) to ensure that Back up my data and Automatic restore are both toggled "on," and to be certain you know the account to which it's backed up (in case you only set up a gmail account for purposes of originally configuring the phone).

Second, there have been a number of threads stating that the current build of Marshmallow doesn't support Band 12. I don't know if that's only specific to the N6p, or to all devices, but if that's important to you you might want to seek confirmation. I can't speak to it here as I don't know which frequencies my device is connecting on, but I live in an area where my service has always been pretty strong so wouldn't be a good candidate to provide first hand feedback on that.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I live in WNY. I have great coverage everywhere, except Walmart. Lol. Unless band 12 will fox that? I'll give it a shot. This will be my first time sideloading an update.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
My Android studio won't open. I keep getting a java_home error window. How do incorrect this? I have the latest updates to everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174