Outlook outgoing settings

adam514

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I looked this up and couldn't find any answer as to why this happens. I use the stock mail client on my N4 and set up outlook (as a pop3 account). No problems receiving email but have always had problems sending. I found out the outgoing port number needs to stay at 25 and it'll send right off 3g or wifi. Question is, why does it keep switching back to 587??? I send an email or two, come back to it later and it's back to port number 587 which does not work. Aside from constantly switching the port, what can I do? and why does this happen? Help!

russwhy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So I looked this up and couldn't find any answer as to why this happens. I use the stock mail client on my N4 and set up outlook (as a pop3 account). No problems receiving email but have always had problems sending. I found out the outgoing port number needs to stay at 25 and it'll send right off 3g or wifi. Question is, why does it keep switching back to 587??? I send an email or two, come back to it later and it's back to port number 587 which does not work. Aside from constantly switching the port, what can I do? and why does this happen? Help!

russwhy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having same issue. Have droid razor. I need outgoing port st 25. Defaults to 25. Tried deleting account: always 25. This is pop. Set up IMAP using 25, this number is required by Armstrong cable. Is there an update coming. What to do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos