Pixel 2 Camera Lens Reflection problem

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, not sure if anyone else has this problem with taking photos on their new Pixel 2 devices, but using my 5" version whenever I take a shot at night, like the photo attached, I am getting this weird ghosting reflection.

If you look at the dark sky above the road you can see a reflection of the headlights and taillights.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• 5754.jpg
    5754.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 68

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not tried turning HDR+ off, but I shouldn't have to if it's on by default...?

I'll test it tonight, but ONLY FOR SCIENCE. Haha

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's dark, and i take a picture of something close-up, I can see a glowing ring on the object.... i'm assuming this is some sort of IR lighting or low-light assistance....

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at a video I took with snapchat the same night and it too has the reflections. The headlights are also visible. Don't think it's HDR+ after seeing that.

Yes, my lens is clean. haha

carpsmithmeuk

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I got my Pixel 2 XL last week and have also noticed at night that there is this weird ghosting in bright lights HDR+ on, all standard settings.

See over the dog's face the reflection of the board to the right.

So this is a brand new phone, with a clean lens.

This is not the first picture that I have with this problem, also shows up well on videos.

I will try again with HDR off, but is this a hardware issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171202_184817.jpg
    MVIMG_20171202_184817.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 29

ksu1971

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Pixel 2. I contacted Google and it ended up being the case I had on my phone. It was interfering with the low light sensors.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my Pixel 2. I contacted Google and it ended up being the case I had on my phone. It was interfering with the low light sensors.

That would also be my question. Do you have a case on it? Clear or solid? have you tried without the case to see if there is some refraction from the case or a sensor being blocked in some way?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lokesh