Re-rooting Question

mightyxenos

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just about a 2 weeks ago my phone (and seemingly everyone around me) has lost the ability to text. Long story short, I un-rooted my phone to have it taken into the store and now that everything is fine I am trying to re-root the phone. When I try ADB to get xionia back on it never goes through. When I took the phone in I used ADB to install the stock recovery for the phone. Is there something am missing/doing wrong, or do I need to completely wipe the phone or what? I never bricked or anything and the initial root went through without a hitch so just wondering what else I need to do. Thanks in advance. If more info is needed am more than willing to give it. Baseband is MVJ (ZVJ) running 2.3.3. Sprint optimus S (LS670).

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
How do you know the initial root worked? Do you have Superuser app? Is usb debugging enabled? You need to read the stickies. There is no root for zvj yet. You must downgrade and than follow the rooting instructions.

mightyxenos

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
After the initial root xonina recovery was on the phone and I used Grom (which is now discontinued). Superuser was present and confirmed for initial root access. Yes usb debugging is enabled.

mightyxenos

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Followed the downgrade suggestion and installed xionia. I could have swore I had gingerbread installed when I rooted this phone the prior to having to take it to the store.