Real Impressions from an Apple User - Returning the 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem is people are calling the N7 a tab, when its really a multi function ereader.

-Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus 7

Bull$h!t. Google even calls it a tablet. It is clearly intended to be a fully featured tablet. This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this forum, and that is saying a lot lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol. "I can't come up with any valid counterpoints to what you have to say. Therefore your post isn't worthy of reply."

Funny how none of those links you posted backs up your claim or the IPhone 4 having 20% of the cellphone market. Read them all in detail. Way to dig yourself deeper.

And there's 5 iPhone models. The IPhone, IPhone 3g, IPhone 3gs IPhone 4 and IPhone 4s.

Just off the top of my head I'd say Samsung is more impressive as they are the #1 smartphone maker in the world, and make a great portion of IPhone components.

I'm sorry you're upset, but posting more inaccuracies, and straw man arguments isn't doing you any good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Uhhh. Were talking current market share. The original and 3G haven't been sold in quite a while. Nice try though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Are we back to the Android vs. iOS p!ssing match?

Yes, Android has more market share because of the various and assorted manufacturers using it, which in turn gives people options and choices. Not a bad thing, choice, but it does pose problems when it comes to developer support. Yes, iOS has an impressive share as well (did they count the iPad and iPod Touch's? I didn't read the links) by very closely controlling the product, which also poses issues because what they think everyone wants is not for everyone, and they're a tad bit resistant to change. But obviously for now it's working for them. Android and iOS are the market leaders, and for different reasons.

We've had this "debate" a thousand times. No need to rehash this, because it generally ends up with name calling, thread closing and kittens dying ...

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed FreddyC,

What's better? A Bentley or Rolls-Royce? Whirlpool or Maytag?

Both Android products and IOS products are great in their own way. They're just made for different people of varying needs.

Sent using Tapatalk

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Bull$h!t. Google even calls it a tablet. It is clearly intended to be a fully featured tablet. This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this forum, and that is saying a lot lately.

Google can spin it however they'd like and you can get all butt hurt about it too, but until they're tablet apps like you can find on the iPad, then it really is just an ereader on steroids.

Case in point its been generally accepted as a kindle fire killer. Case in point 2, they're hasn't been a single person to approach me to ask what version of "Kindle" is that? Form factor screams reader to the general populous. Truth hurts.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Google can spin it however they'd like and you can get all butt hurt about it too, but until they're tablet apps like you can find on the iPad, then it really is just an ereader on steroids.

Case in point its been generally accepted as a kindle fire killer. Case in point 2, they're hasn't been a single person to approach me to ask what version of "Kindle" is that? Form factor screams reader to the general populous. Truth hurts.

I tend to agree and disagree, it was built as a content device to directly rival the Kindle Fire, but to also compete w/ in some degree with other tablets. However, compete would be a poor word choice, maybe it should be compare. The only other table with a similar Google experience is the original Xooms.

All I can say is I had the original color Nook, and this blows it away. I purchased a Kindle Fire as a graduation gift a couple months ago. I would of purchased one of these then if it would of been available.

One thing I do wonder about is I remember a tablet app section being in the Android Market, now there is only a staff tablet picks section. Google needs to place more emphasis on tablet apps; make it more rewarding for developers too. I am willing to pay more for a tablet app if it has expanded functionality.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are we back to the Android vs. iOS p!ssing match?

ah, I think that's the likely outcome when someone professes to be an Apple fan and then tells us "what's wrong" with the tablet/Android, etc. It's like if I went to Macrumors and complained about how limiting iOS is--AAMOF I used to be a member of MR but got banned for being to negative towards apple, despite my not having been rude. MR is very controlling--just like Apple.

Acint1924

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you all actually read the initial post, you would realize I simply gave my opinion and I actually complemented the Nexus 7. Close this thread. iOS vs Android flaming was not the pt of this.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If you all actually read the initial post, you would realize I simply gave my opinion and I actually complemented the Nexus 7. Close this thread. iOS vs Android flaming was not the pt of this.

I wasn't referring to you. I had a similar experience with a trial of an iPhone 4 for six months.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

No problemo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.