Received 7 defective Nexus 7's and Google is now refusing RMA's

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Received 7 defective Nexus 7's and Google is now refusing RMA

I have a feeling that you have never met me to determine my attitude or to decide what is the right course of action for me. Further, you must not be very familiar with the Nexus 7 setup process, as it requires Wi-Fi to download the apps and data which must be downloaded to test out a Nexus. So, testing it while stranding in a WalMart doesn't make much sense, now does it? If you had read my previous posts, I had been very friendly to the useless folks at the Play Store who eventually refused to support their broken product. I'm actually very polite to most people, except for those who want to introduce their conjecture as to my nature, decisions and attitude...

In all seriousness, how many will you go through before you just give up? Because now you are simply wasting time/money by driving back and forth to WalMart. I don't blame you if you really, really like the N7 and want one. But at this point, I'd be so turned off that I'd go for something else.

And remember as you are returning it that's it's not WalMart's fault. Just keep that in mind before you go in there with an attitude. Also, just open the box and test it out while standing there. No point in going all the way back home and then finding out you have an issue. I have a feeling that WalMart will start to give you the same treatment Google did though after you keep returning them.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I have a feeling that you have never met me to determine my attitude or to decide what is the right course of action for me. Further, you must not be very familiar with the Nexus 7 setup process, as it requires Wi-Fi to download the apps and data which must be downloaded to test out a Nexus. So, testing it while stranding in a WalMart doesn't make much sense, now does it? If you had read my previous posts, I had been very friendly to the useless folks at the Play Store who eventually refused to support their broken product. I'm actually very polite to most people, except for those who want to introduce their conjecture as to my nature, decisions and attitude...

If you come across as condescending (IRL) as you do here, I'm confident your opinion of yourself is somewhat out of kilter with reality. It's time to consider an alternative product, eh??

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the problems some folks here have had with their N7's.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Considering it...I don't really listen to much music on my tabet and it's only at super high frequencies...so, I may be willing to trade screen for speaker...though, the proposition irritates me. I'm probably going to buy a unit or two more and see how they are. It's odd to me that every unit I received from the Play Store under RMA had identical screen defects and the first one from Walmart is perfect. Makes me wonder where those RMA units are originating from...

It's not odd.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Edited by moderator.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I purchased 2 Nexus 7's, one for myself and one for my father. My father's tablet has screen separation and he is afraid to exchange it. My tablet had a chipped bezel. I exchanged the tablet for a string of 6 defective Nexus 7's all with light bleed and dead pixels. Today, I called to process my RMA and the supervisor Cameron, told me that they will not process any more RMAs on my account and to please mail back my units.

I just want to inform anybody who is in the RMA process that Google will pull this move on you. I have been nothing but courteous to the reps, I have been patient with the RMA process and Google has written me off as a customer. I am sure some people are satisfied with their Nexus 7's, however that is not the point of my post. It is to inform potential customers of the systemic quality issues plaguing this product and Google's unwillingness to rectify the issue.

BBB complaint to follow. Also, everybody please visit Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin's Google+ page and send him an email detailing your experience with your Nexus 7:

https://plus.google.com/109813896768294978296/posts

You are a better person than I am. I don't have the patience or interest to deal with all the problems you have had to deal with on this tablet.

I would have returned it for a refund and cut my losses. Of course that is probably one of the reasons, I no longer use the Motorola Xoom. LOL

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I will refrain saying what I really think of your comment so as to not violate the rules here. I tried to be nice to you dude, get over yourself. Google won't deal with you anymore, soon Wal-Mart will be the same way. Hmm, I see a trend, do you?

*Edit - Why not just send your defective unit to Asus and let them fix it?

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I offered to let Google send it to Asus for repair. That wasn't an option for me. Thanks for being nice.

I will refrain saying what I really think of your comment so as to not violate the rules here. I tried to be nice to you dude, get over yourself. Google won't deal with you anymore, soon Wal-Mart will be the same way. Hmm, I see a trend, do you?

*Edit - Why not just send your defective unit to Asus and let them fix it?

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Out of kilter with reality? Such as someone who believes their diagnosis of other people?

If you come across as condescending (IRL) as you do here, I'm confident your opinion of yourself is somewhat out of kilter with reality. It's time to consider an alternative product, eh??

Reactions: Bryan_

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't think the OP is/was condescending to anyone. If anything he's spent far more time being polite to those offering character assessments.

The moment "IRL" was thrown into the mix it became an attack. It's very easy to say what he should do vs what you would do. We're all different and if he chooses to exchange his N7 100x's it'll have no impact on how we go about our day. It's his gas, time and money.

ozzyag

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Edited by moderator.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I offered to let Google send it to Asus for repair. That wasn't an option for me. Thanks for being nice.

Well, if you can't get a decent one from WalMart, maybe you can find on on CraigsList. A lot of people make impulse purchases, use the tablet a couple times then sell it. So it would be like new, cost less, and at least you would know nothing is wrong with it by inspecting it beforehand.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Let's be careful with making personal assumptions, comments, attacks, etc., about the OP or anyone else.

They (anakin, etc.) have every right to complain--it's just a manner of how they do it and how they or others respond. So far, I've seen fairly rational responses and that's very promising considering how these threads have gone in recent history.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You are a better person than I am. I don't have the patience or interest to deal with all the problems you have had to deal with on this tablet.

I would have returned it for a refund and cut my losses. Of course that is probably one of the reasons, I no longer use the Motorola Xoom. LOL

I have family and friends who make purchases then settle for defects and flaws. I'm the one who'll either inspect in the store or parking lot... Whichever is more comfortable. There used to be a time when I'd buy something then say to myself it's not too bad... I should just keep it. Not any more.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

smthomas66

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually pleased with the RMA process but miffed that so many are having major issues. I almost never have had to return an electronics device within the first two weeks of ownership and my third Nexus 7 was just delivered and waiting for me when I get home. First got a dead pixel line down the center two days in and the one I will return now reboots constantly and can't even go to Chrome without freezing. The company has been great about it though. Both times I immediately received the necessary e-mails and ordered my replacement that shipped right away while I kept the return until the new one arrived. I'll be looking to see if I got a C80 this time. I really hope this one is a keeper. If not like some people said three strikes and i think that will be it for me. Love it when it works though.

Reactions: cammykool

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I have family and friends who make purchases then settle for defects and flaws. I'm the one who'll either inspect in the store or parking lot... Whichever is more comfortable. There used to be a time when I'd buy something then say to myself it's not too bad... I should just keep it. Not any more.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

I'm the same way...obviously. My buddy who is a MacHead is even saying to wait for the next cool $250 tablet...implying iPad Mini...haha. He was actually interested in buying a Nexus 7 to kick around, until he saw my experience. He's switched out a couple iPad 2s and even a couple laptops for screen defects, mostly dead pixels.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm actually pleased with the RMA process but miffed that so many are having major issues. I almost never have had to return an electronics device within the first two weeks of ownership and my third Nexus 7 was just delivered and waiting for me when I get home. First got a dead pixel line down the center two days in and the one I will return now reboots constantly and can't even go to Chrome without freezing. The company has been great about it though. Both times I immediately received the necessary e-mails and ordered my replacement that shipped right away while I kept the return until the new one arrived. I'll be looking to see if I got a C80 this time. I really hope this one is a keeper. If not like some people said three strikes and i think that will be it for me. Love it when it works though.

Man, I feel for ya. I ordered another unit online from WalMart, saving some gas, and hoping that it's a C80...though, that's probably not indicative of a new run, so much as a date code. Stick in there pal and don't be afraid to hunt down a unit that's free of defects and is to your satisfaction. Something I want to throw your way is that while I don't ever buy extended warranties, WalMart offers a 3 yr plan for $28...I think it's $24 at Sam's. Parts and labor from date of purchase. With the way these units come broken out of the box, didn't seem like a bad idea...Just in case you'd rather have an alternative to the Play Store.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Personally I don't think the OP is/was condescending to anyone. If anything he's spent far more time being polite to those offering character assessments.

The moment "IRL" was thrown into the mix it became an attack. It's very easy to say what he should do vs what you would do. We're all different and if he chooses to exchange his N7 100x's it'll have no impact on how we go about our day. It's his gas, time and money.

No, actually you are incorrect in your assumption that his many returns (and when others mimic his consumer behavior) don't ultimately impact ALL OF US, in the form of higher prices and/or restrictive return policies. So don't be surprised when I, and others are peeved at him.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

That's awesome considering most RMAs consist of returning defective unit before receiving a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred