Release Date

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That sort of surprised me, actually, Seeing as how HTC and Motorola thus far have been the two "Droid" OEM's on Verizon...maybe Motorola is going to be the sole maker of the Droid line of phones now.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems like HTC wants to go their own route (maybe to distance themselves from "The Blur" The Atrix is now seems to be a "Droid" so it seems like Moto will start using it exclusively.

To get on to the original topic of this thread, I really hope that the Bionic will be released before mid April. My update was in December and my BB Tour is killing me more everyday since the wife had that sweet DX.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
everything that seemed to pop up on the blogs this week leans towards May for the release...sounds about right as late April would likely be the earliest it would come and June would likely be bad for sales

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
"CEO Sanjay Jha just announced on the company's earnings call that the Atrix 4G and Xoom will arrive at "the end of February," while the LTE-enabled Droid Bionic and LTE Xoom will arrive at "the end of the second quarter" as previously promised."

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
"The LTE-capable Droid Bionic's slated for the end of the second quarter" Booo this may force my hand towards the TB. June just does not seem like a smart time to release this phone.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
June isn't great. I wish we knew when. If it was June, I'd use my upgrade for a Droid X now.

Nonsense! You and I are still rocking the same phone and my contract ends in April and I'm holding out. Besides it'll let us see in that amount of time if the TB really packs a punch, and then compare Bionic to iPhone5 (or 4G or w/e it'll be called) around the June date...

I will play the waiting game. I'm content with the Tour... for now. I'm about to stop into VZW to get another refurb because the last one they gave me I can't hardly make out anything people are saying in the earpiece.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is in March. Ok, I'll wait if you can wait. I've only a few complaints with my Tour. The small screen and horrible browser.

I know if I get a Droid X now I'll be kicking myself when the Bionic hits.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know if I get a Droid X now I'll be kicking myself when the Bionic hits.

Exactly. I'm hoping when I walk into VZW tomorrow they'll be like "oh snap, you again? Another Tour needs replacing? Here have this Bold instead..."

But that'll never happen :p

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I'm hoping when I walk into VZW tomorrow they'll be like "oh snap, you again? Another Tour needs replacing? Here have this Bold instead..."

But that'll never happen :p

Just call customer service. They're been swapping out Tours for Bolds since June. That's what I did for myself and two friends. I actually just sold my never-used Bold and got a Droid Pro for $50 :) Now my X has a little friend.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Hadn't seen that. That would really suck if that's true. I've been sitting on an upgrade since last August. I wanted to hold out for the Bionic thinking that it would hit shortly after the TBolt. But now I'll really have to think about what I'm going to do. I've already pushed myself farther than I wanted as I was not too thrilled with anything that came out before the holidays (D2 or DPro).

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
June still sounds crazy, IMO. That's direct competition time with the next iPhone and I doubt Moto wants that for their first LTE phone especially now that iPhone is on VZW.

I'm betting they are hoping for April or May launch, and that June is hedging that bet.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree that June does not make any sense. I am hoping for the Bionic (Or maybe the DX2 if the rumors are true). I do nto know what I will do with my old Tour when I finally upgrade, but I am sure it will not be pleasant for RIM to see.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
So what is the consensus of this thread and forum about the release date of the Bionic? I recently actually had the privilage to actually hold and play with a prototype from a client of mine(A Motorola Exec.) and although not the final OS it was very impressive and nice to hold. I know he told me he believes April/May but could not speak for VZW.

What does everyone else think on here?

PS This phone is truly going to be worth the wait no matter when it comes out!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54