[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

dfa1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well the Super_FrankenClean_2_9_2v_CWM_FIX is gizmo's modified version with the new CWM fix integrated into it. Do you have the latest CWM_Recovery_All_Fix flashed on your phone? If you do no need to flash SC with the CWM fix. You are only trying to fix your boot animation and sounds so flash adrynalyne's SC 2.9.2.
I do believe I have CWM Fix, so you're advising Superclean 2.9.2 - (Full ROM) EA15/EB01/EB16 (EC10 Kernel)- Adrynalyne ... which looks like super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip. Would that be correct?

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I do believe I have CWM Fix, so you're advising Superclean 2.9.2 - (Full ROM) EA15/EB01/EB16 (EC10 Kernel)- Adrynalyne ... which looks like super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip. Would that be correct?

Correct flash super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip if you are currently using a modified EC10 kernel like imnuts, times_infinity, nemesis_all, or JTs then you would have to flash those again because SC 2.9.2 is packaged with the regular EC10 hotspot monitoring kernel.

dfa1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Correct flash super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip if you are currently using a modified EC10 kernel like imnuts, times_infinity, nemesis_all, or JTs then you would have to flash those again because SC 2.9.2 is packaged with the regular EC10 hotspot monitoring kernel.
I've played around soo much it's hard to remember. I think I've got cwm-recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar, BUT in the event I don't, would it hurt to flash the whole package "Super_FrankenClean_2_9_2v_CWM_FIX.zip" ??
Not sure if EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5 has modified EC10 kernel ... file dated and DL'd 03/23/11...it's been pulled. N/A anymore.
ec01_radio
Baseband: EC01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: EB01
Thanks again for your support

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've played around soo much it's hard to remember. I think I've got cwm-recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar, BUT in the event I don't, would it hurt to flash the whole package "Super_FrankenClean_2_9_2v_CWM_FIX.zip" ??
Not sure if EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5 has modified EC10 kernel ... file dated and DL'd 03/23/11...it's been pulled. N/A anymore.
ec01_radio
Baseband: EC01
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: EB01
Thanks again for your support

I previously followed GizmoDroid's advice and had no problems. When I was on 2.9.2 I flashed cwm-recovery-all-3-30-fix in ODIN, then I flashed super_frankenclean_2_9_2v_CWM_FIX.zip and was running super smooth with no hiccups.

fluidj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I caan not get over folks talking about battery life. i mean crap we have car chargers.
we have electrical charges from any 110 wall socket,
my batter life last me just fine,, i charge it at home, i charge it while on the road. it is always close to a charging unit, one way or another it gets charged.
maybe if i was going to the woods hunting for a weekend maybe then i might gripe.
but if that were to happen i would probably hook it to car or generator charge..
maybe i am missing something, and i will admit i am disabled and can play all day with my fassy as there are chargers all thru the house.
i did not say all of this to bash anyone i just cant understand battery problem.
now if you wanna talk signal i am alive with ears perked. we had great reception a few years back and all of a sudden we get weak signaled, some said verizon lost a tower and rather than fix it they shifted everything to a already installed tower.
lordy i hope i havent hyjacked a thread.. i'll take my whooping and be nice about it..

Some of us aren't always close to a charger unfortunately. I work in construction, and when i'm out in the field trying to tell my subs what to do and how to do it and making sure they do it right, I NEED to be able to reliably use my phone without worrying that getting a few emails and talking for 20 minutes will run my battery down to critical levels within 2 hours. I need to be out there in the field where typically their isn't an electrical source let alone a roof or floor or walls lol....

On stock 2.1, the battery was acceptable, but I purchased the Seidio extended battery since I know my usage patterns and needs. With the extended battery on stock 2.1 and all the following froyo builds up until 2.9.2 my extended battery was a BEAST. I could go well into the late evening hours and still have more than 1/2 charge left...and that's with heavy usage! When I put 2.9.2 on, something just wasn't quite right with the battery, it would drain my extended battery to 1/2 full by noon and be near dead by 2pm. I tried all the clear bat stat tricks and everything, nothing worked :( So when the official Froyo came out I decided to go back to stock and see how that worked out....

How about this....I haven't used my extended battery since official Froyo was released and installed! I've gotten a FULL workday off a single charge of my standard battery consistently since last week! Again, I run the phone like it's designed to be ran...GPS always on, location services ALL on, wifi ON, screen brightness set to auto, Push exchange ON, and I sync my other email accounts every 15 min. automatically. With all of that niceness going on, on Stock Froyo ED01 my standard battery is doing BETTER than my extended battery was doing on SC 2.9.2.
I can't call it....:confused:

mjszabo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Alarm Clock Ringtones

Hey, I tried looking through all the posts to find something on this but couldn't seem to find anything at all.
I have SC 2.9.2 installed on my Fascinate and have had this problem since installing SC 2.6.
My Alarm Clock has only two options as ringtone choices (Silent, Good Morning).
When I initially had the phone as stock it had all of my ringtones as options for the "Alarm Clock Ringtone".

Does anybody else have this issue/know of a solution to make all of the phones ringtones available under the alarm clock settings?

Thanks

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I tried looking through all the posts to find something on this but couldn't seem to find anything at all.
I have SC 2.9.2 installed on my Fascinate and have had this problem since installing SC 2.6.
My Alarm Clock has only two options as ringtone choices (Silent, Good Morning).
When I initially had the phone as stock it had all of my ringtones as options for the "Alarm Clock Ringtone".

Does anybody else have this issue/know of a solution to make all of the phones ringtones available under the alarm clock settings?

Thanks

SC 2.9.2 includes a new alarm clock app that doesnt allow you do use other ringtones. You can flash the Touch Wiz alarm clock app in CWM which allows usage of other ringtones.

tw_clock_package.zip

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
OR...

You can use a root file manager to copy your ringtones into the /system/media/audio/alarms folder, then reboot. After that you should have the new tones available for selection

Reactions: DroidXcon

mjszabo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Alarm Clock Ringtones

OR...

You can use a root file manager to copy your ringtones into the /system/media/audio/alarms folder, then reboot. After that you should have the new tones available for selection

So I tried this approach and it seemed to work great, and all the files showed up in the alarm clock ringtone options after reboot but...
the only ringtone that played was "good morning" still...

Any suggestions?

3PO

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The aux works with the car dock not desktop dock because the sammy desktop dock is not in sc 2.9. So there is no wAy of using aux dock right now unless u take the apk from the stock system

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have this apk? I've scoured different threads and can't identify any that have just the sammy desk dock. I even looked in the stock .zip file and couldn't figure out which one it was. Any help would be awesome. I want to use this custom ROM, but I miss being able to use my dock's audio out to my desktop speakers at work. MANY THANKS! :)

alaricljs

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to put together my own happy combination of stuff and am trying to install the Music.apk from superclean into ED01 debloated/debinged. Using Super Manager it is refusing to install the apk and not saying why. Any ideas?

ed: is this Windows all over again? A reboot fixed whatever the issue was.

Last edited:

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I helped a user over on the ComROm thread with this and he got some info from XDA

here's his post on AC

I had to download the Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector in the market that was at the bottom of the post you linked to. the car cradle app gave me the same problem.

It weird that you would need that app just to "redirect sound" but whatever, leave it to samsung.....

here is the link I gave him

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1045420

tonytooth

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Where can I download the SC 2.9.2 "update.zip" file that belongs on my sd card. I deleted by accident and need to update my clockwork. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia