Rezound Update on the way...Again

scottbr

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated over the weekend. Phone seems to be a little "snappier" to respond in general, but I think it's been harder on battery life (if that were possible).

As for the SD card, I freaked out over that just yesterday .... until I found that the card had not been mounted after the update. Settings > Storage, then scroll down to find "Mount SD card". Couple of seconds, and we're back.

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
scottbr, my experience has been the same so far - snappier response, but harder on battery. I'm also noticing it tends to cut to 3G more often, but comes back to 4G with less of an issue. I did not experience any issues with my SD card.

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Seems a bit snappier but my battery seems to be worse. I didn't have any problem with my SD card but all my notifications and ringtones were reset. I seem to have had this problem consistently with every update. In fact, my default ringtone never stays as I set it. May have to finally do a factory reset to get this to correct.

eldean

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problems getting the updates after calling Verizon they couldn't help they tried everything . I called HTC support and they suggested that I change my SIM card. And wala now I'm all updated.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Can this update be flashed over the global RUU? If anyone knows.

Wait for more knowledgeable folks to answer that. Just my thought ... the global RUU basically does the same thing as the update (makes the phone global), right? So, why would you need to update?

That previous RUU is an older version - maybe it's still better than what just came out officially.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait for more knowledgeable folks to answer that. Just my thought ... the global RUU basically does the same thing as the update (makes the phone global), right? So, why would you need to update?

That previous RUU is an older version - maybe it's still better than what just came out officially.

My gut says no, you can't flash over the original Global RUU. That has a higher build number with .2 as this one is .14. Not unless you are s-off. I

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I had gotten the notice that the update was available yesterday. So, I was preparing the phone to install the update today by backing stuff up. I come to realize that the phone had already updated itself last night without me saying yes to it. So far so good though, nothing seems different or faster. I'm wondering if I must have hit the proceed button. I don't remember it resetting and going through an update process. Oh well...good luck to everybody else.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My gut says no, you can't flash over the original Global RUU. That has a higher build number with .2 as this one is .14. Not unless you are s-off. I

Your looking at only the last two digits and you need to look at the whole number on this one.

Old global leak. 4.03.605.2
New Global OTA 4.05.605.14

I'll give it a try when I can download the RUU.

05>03

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So I got the update the other day. I found the phone updating, it did not ask me if I wanted to do it first. I note now that we have global and GSM. Does that mean we can take the Rezound to like ATT and use GSM? I do find some apps are a bit speedier and that my battery withered away. I did a battery and sim pull last night and it seems the battery is doing better. I will see how the day goes. And btw, I did not lose my notifications and ringtones surprisingly enough.

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
So after a full day of my normal schedule today, I can report that the phone has used way more battery after the update yesterday. Hopefully it will get better with time or a sim/battery pull like TBoltJ did.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So I got the update the other day. I found the phone updating, it did not ask me if I wanted to do it first. I note now that we have global and GSM. Does that mean we can take the Rezound to like ATT and use GSM? I do find some apps are a bit speedier and that my battery withered away. I did a battery and sim pull last night and it seems the battery is doing better. I will see how the day goes. And btw, I did not lose my notifications and ringtones surprisingly enough.

Its never easy... So usually before I walk the dog I check the weather on my phone. Where I sit to put my shoes on I never get reception and can never get the weather to work. Last night I did it in the usual spot and it worked right away. Sweet! But not so sweet as it is HTC/Verizon (shared blame LOL)...When I checkedt he weather I had 25% battery left (a little low for this point of the night but still not so bad, usually around 35 or 40 at this point). I walked into the other room to get something and no more than 15 seconds or so after I checked the weather the phone was beeping that it was low battery at 15%. I wonder if it used that much battery or its the indicator? Like I said, Its never easy!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain issues are almost due to something not allowing the phone to sleep properly... As with all major upgrades, if this occurs and you cannot find and fix the culprit, a factory default is in order. I have been using this ROM since it was first available, no battery issues, in fact, I would wager my battery life has increased slightly.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Am stock, rooted, aman ra installed. Using supersu. I keep getting latest update download and it fails out. I'm not worried about data usage, am on unlimited. However, my resound stuck on error message inside amanra two mornings in a row have nearly got me late for work.
Do I have to re enable stock apps, unroot, etc. To get this update to quit updating??

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Am stock, rooted, aman ra installed. Using supersu. I keep getting latest update download and it fails out. I'm not worried about data usage, am on unlimited. However, my resound stuck on error message inside amanra two mornings in a row have nearly got me late for work.
Do I have to re enable stock apps, unroot, etc. To get this update to quit updating??

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
Assuming all you have done is root (and not modified or removed any system files) all you should really need to do is flash the stock recovery and the update should take, then reflash Amon Ra.

tf2nice4u

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
my phone has been stuck on the 4gLTE screen for 2 weeks since vz forced the update to my phone...verizon refuses to help because I had a cracked screen that happened a month before the update even came thru...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
my phone has been stuck on the 4gLTE screen for 2 weeks since vz forced the update to my phone...verizon refuses to help because I had a cracked screen that happened a month before the update even came thru...
Has your phone been rooted? Have you tried a factory reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332