[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

gabraham

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the overflow menu is. I use SwiftKey keyboard and it swipes fine. I didn't even know the stock one was supposed to lol. Anyway more info on the overflow menu thing and I'd be glad to check into it
The overflow menu is the "three dots menu" that appears in apps where there are additional options. To my understanding, it's not suppose to appear (by default) if the device has a dedicated menu button. If the device has software buttons (i.e., the Nexus 4) then the menu button is hidden from the system navigation bar at the bottom, and is contextually appropriately displayed within/next to the app's other buttons/controls.

You can see examples of this in various apps, such as Gmail, Google Voice, or even Titanium Backup (its overflow menu is the button labeled with the word "Menu" in the top right).

As an example for a perhaps popular case, I was coming from the Quattrimus beta 2 CM9 build, and in that ROM, the overflow menu never showed up.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I've seen that overflow button both in earlier builds of this as well as in BobZhome's CM10. This was usually only in the app drawer, though.

gabraham

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the overflow menu

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Fair enough that you like it, but more on-topic is whether you're able to enable/disable it? If you could help with solving that, I would very much appreciate it. :)

(As a side note, I do prefer it, but only on larger screens. I don't get why hardware makers aren't all using software buttons nowadays, as it's a very good idea.)

gabraham

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Attached is a screenshot of what I'm seeing in Titanium Backup, and Google Voice with the menu expanded. Also included is a screenshot of the setting that is disabled.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363832214073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363832214073.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 227
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363832319517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363832319517.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 227
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363832451616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363832451616.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 225

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahh ok thanks for the clarification. It's the same for me too. It's unchecked and yet the three dot menu button is there.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you delete some livewallpapers to make room, give crossbreeder 3.15.12_v2 a try. I forgot who suggested that,but it's at xda. It really sped up the ui.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This bit of info and patch might work for data connection issues [BUG] CM9/CM10 Data connectivity bug - unFIXED, it seems - xda-developers
See post 9 for the connectivity checker app on Play is another temp fix

Play around with these lines in the build.prop

Add this and reboot
mobiledata.interfaces=rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1

Try deleting it and reboot.
or try different variations in that line:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,facilitylock,datacall,1

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,1

Is VPN the same as APN?
How do i access APN settings?

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is VPN the same as APN?
How do i access APN settings?

No. APN stands for access point name. It is what your phone uses to connect to any data services it needs, like your carriers mobile internet or mms. VPN is a virtual private network. It allows you to connect to a network from outside of the network and access its resources as if you were in that private network. For example I can use vpn to connect to my school's network from off campus and access shared drives that can only be accessed from computers in that network.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a system UIDs are inconsistent, or whatever its called notification after reboot.

Last time I got these were on A26 and it was so messed up, I had to reflash every time that happened. But on this one, everything seems fine. Any way to fix it then?

Have you found a fix for the UIDs? Cause my phone is now randomly rebooting and u get the UID message.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried Cross-Breeder. I think my phone just does not like entropy generators...of any kind.

So I just OCed to 787/600. Even if it means higher battery drain. But hey, I had a 2 for 1 on spare V batteries with a travel charger thrown in bought recently, just gonna have to make it a habit to carry one or both of them at all times...

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
If you delete some livewallpapers to make room, give crossbreeder 3.15.12_v2 a try. I forgot who suggested that,but it's at xda. It really sped up the ui.

When I use the "Check Rand Entropy" app my value ranges from 154 - 316. I downloaded and flashed crossbreeder but the phone wouldn't go past the (pac rom) boot animation afterwards. After around 10 mins I just pulled the battery. Fortunately I did a full backup before flashing so I could easily restore. Maybe I did something wrong. I did wipe cache/dalvik cache before flashing, maybe I'll try again and skip this. I'm also using JerryScript's green recovery although it said flash was successful .... curious to hear if anyone had better luck.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
When I use the "Check Rand Entropy" app my value ranges from 154 - 316. I downloaded and flashed crossbreeder but the phone wouldn't go past the (pac rom) boot animation afterwards. After around 10 mins I just pulled the battery. Fortunately I did a full backup before flashing so I could easily restore. Maybe I did something wrong. I did wipe cache/dalvik cache before flashing, maybe I'll try again and skip this. I'm also using JerryScript's green recovery although it said flash was successful .... curious to hear if anyone had better luck.

You can't wipe dalvik the normal way if your using int2ext scripts. There's a special zip to wipe dalvik in cronmod's thread

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I tried to flash crossbreeder a 2nd time after a restore. This time it worked. I didn't wipe cache/dalvik although many thanks to thewraith420 for reminding me about the special zip for dalvik with int2ext. I just flashed the crossbreeder zip from the downloads directory. Install worked. Entropy value was 300 and is now 4096. I would suggest that you don't judge performance until you reboot 4 or 5 times. Things were rather slow after 1st boot but that went away. My unscientific observation is that crossbreeder seems to improve performance for mail, calendar, maps, browser on wifi. Hard to say anything about 3g because I get really poor signal at work.

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just flashed this to my Optimus V and have everything working. Absolutely great rom, it's cool to see the JB I've grown to love from my touchpad run on my phone. Must say it's quite nice. Also, I can say I absolutely notice a difference with crossbreeder.

A few issues:

Google Now seems to not work even if I intentionally enable everything it needs to do so.

MMS gives me the 999 error. I thought I read this was fixed? I have the virgin patch applied, is there any way for me to get it working? Think I likely would have stayed with BobZHome's rom had I known mms was still bork. Hopefully there's just something I missed that someone can point out to me.

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The pac rom has it fixed.
Cm10.1 got the Virgin mms patched around February, so pac rom only has the recent fixes

Oh oops, so flashing the virgin patch on my A28 flash is maybe why I'm getting the 999 error? If I reflash this rom without the virgin patch would it potentially work? Or do you recommend the pac rom anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord