[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
No, just saying my cm10.1 builds are old and don't have the Virgin mms code. But pac rom has the latest cm10.1 with the newer code.

You can experiment and copy over the telephony-opt.jar file from the PAC-rom frameworks folder into the cm10.1 rom zip , then reflash or push to your phone

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the advice and quick responses. I'll try replacing telephony-opt.jar and let report back. If I were to flash the PAC rom over A28 would I have to do a full wipe or just wipe dalvik/cache and flash it?

Edit: Also I only see telephony-common.jar in both roms. Is this what I'd be looking to replace?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's the file.

As for installing pac rom, I'd wipe cache, dalvik, and system. Then flash the rom, gapps, and virgin pac rom fix.

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Flashing the PAC rom in this manner gives me the acore error. Pac should be compatible with int2ext as the JBC was, right? That's the only thing I could thing of that might be causing an issue. Gonna try for a clean format of the sd card and complete clean install of the Pac rom and go from there.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's the file.

As for installing pac rom, I'd wipe cache, dalvik, and system. Then flash the rom, gapps, and virgin pac rom fix.

thekraven... I've never done a rom that had a fix to it. I have the optimus v not s, and am wanting step by step instructions on how to install pac rom. I know you said you flash rom first then gapps then pac rom fix but that doesn't work, because installing the rom just tells me I don't have optimus S. What am I supposed to do here?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
O
thekraven... I've never done a rom that had a fix to it. I have the optimus v not s, and am wanting step by step instructions on how to install pac rom. I know you said you flash rom first then gapps then pac rom fix but that doesn't work, because installing the rom just tells me I don't have optimus S. What am I supposed to do here?

In your thread you said you are using JerryScript's cwm green recovery. I'll bet it's just the asserts. Let me try and find a link for you.

Edit: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=182438

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
New Pac-rom build

3-30 Test build 4: Just a resync and build. Some Bluetooth fixes from androidmeda. Audio fixes from KonstaT blade sources. Untested. Goo.im Downloads - Downloading PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130330-001202.zip
3-30 Virgin fix. View attachment 64286

Some new kernels to try for JB only, tried to backport the wifi drivers so that they wake from sleep
Test 42 kernel Goo.im Downloads - Downloading hk-kraven-jb-test42-kernel-newwifidriver.zip
Test 43 kernel Goo.im Downloads - Downloading hk-kraven-jb-test43-kernel-maybefixedwifiwake.zip

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
New Pac-rom build

3-30 Test build 4: Just a resync and build. Some Bluetooth fixes from androidmeda. Audio fixes from KonstaT blade sources. Untested. Goo.im Downloads - Downloading PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130330-001202.zip
3-30 Virgin fix. View attachment 64286

Some new kernels to try for JB only, tried to backport the wifi drivers so that they wake from sleep
Test 42 kernel Goo.im Downloads - Downloading hk-kraven-jb-test42-kernel-newwifidriver.zip
Test 43 kernel Goo.im Downloads - Downloading hk-kraven-jb-test43-kernel-maybefixedwifiwake.zip

About kernels... You think that flashing a jb kernel would cure my charging issue? Because so far the only rom I can charge on is iho backside and it came with its own kernel.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You can try. My kernels still use the zvj based LG charging, which is the same as Bobzhome's kernels. You might try uninstalling the LG driver and installing the latest LG drivers. My phone charged fine with USB and a A/c charger. You may have luck with USB fast charging built into my kernels, but it needs an app or terminal command to turn on/off. With it turned on it will charger around 700 mA via USB, but mass storage will be triggered off. Just turn off the fastcharge to use mass storage.

Fastcharge app by Enzomatrx http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...harging-now-jawz101-kernel-4.html#post2257090 I just don't know if it works on jb, otherwise there is a fastcharge app on play that works fine too.

And the same thread for the terminal commands http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ble-usb-fast-charging-now-jawz101-kernel.html

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You can try. My kernels still use the zvj based LG charging, which is the same as Bobzhome's kernels. You might try uninstalling the LG driver and installing the latest LG drivers. My phone charged fine with USB and a A/c charger. You may have luck with USB fast charging built into my kernels, but it needs an app or terminal command to turn on/off. With it turned on it will charger around 700 mA via USB, but mass storage will be triggered off. Just turn off the fastcharge to use mass storage.

Fastcharge app by Enzomatrx http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...harging-now-jawz101-kernel-4.html#post2257090 I just don't know if it works on jb, otherwise there is a fastcharge app on play that works fine too.

And the same thread for the terminal commands http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ble-usb-fast-charging-now-jawz101-kernel.html

I don't know know what zvj is but my baseband is zv4. I'll try em out and see what happens, thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Zvj is the baseband and software version of stock sprint gingerbread. It's what thekraven used sources from to build the kernel.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
clean flashed the new build. got a problem though. I have no connection at all except wifi. No text, no 3G.

Anything I am missing?

I did the following:

Pre-flash wipe
Wiped SD-EXT
Wiped Dalvik
Flashed the new build
Flashed the Konsta GAPPS
Flashed the new 3-30 fix for Virgin
Flashed CronMod INT2EXT

Boot

The welcome screen is fine but it cannot hook on to 3G at all.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
clean flashed the new build. got a problem though. I have no connection at all except wifi. No text, no 3G.

Anything I am missing?

I did the following:

Pre-flash wipe
Wiped SD-EXT
Wiped Dalvik
Flashed the new build
Flashed the Konsta GAPPS
Flashed the new 3-30 fix for Virgin
Flashed CronMod INT2EXT

Boot

The welcome screen is fine but it cannot hook on to 3G at all.

How did you flash cronmod's script zip? It said "cannot copy update-binary" for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
dirty flashing on top of previous build (the original from March 4, the one a few days later had the same result) works fine except that it drains the **** out of my battery.

UPDATE: Tried clean flashing with INT2EXT+ ...no dice for me. Going back to my Nandroid I did about an hour ago. I guess for now until a solution is present I can tolerate the battery drain from the result of dirty flashing from a previous build.

Last edited:

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
clean install presented me no problems...
int2ext, crossbreeder, audiofix2, custom blacked out apps and all.
bummer is, Bluetooth behaves the exact same way...
I also just realized that daydream doesn't really work...

edit:
after looking at the state info, I believe the battery drain may be from lack of proper deep sleep?

edit 2:
after more use, it seems Wi-Fi isn't turning off and on correctly.
it connects fine once. then gets stuck turning off?
bluetooth does the same thibg but won't actually pair with my hands free kit.
I'm going to wipe and reflash just to be sure!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo