[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried it again. This is very frustrating.

I clean installed. In the following order:

1. Wiped boot, system, data, cache, dalvik, sd-ext three times. I'm a little OCD about it.
2. Flash the 3.30 build.
3. Flash Gapps.
4. Flash Pac ROM fix for VM.
5. Flash Cron INT2EXT+

Boot. It goes to the welcome screen and no signal whatsoever. Wifi works fine. But it reports no number, no signal, everything that requires a cell connection reports "unknown", no baseband, nothing.

UPDATE: Tried it again. No INT2EXT script though and my Optimus V (running ZV5, if that matters) picked up a signal and hooked on to 3G.

Last edited:

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious why development on JBC is halted but PAC is continuing? The JBC rom runs much much smoother on my phone and it's not even close, Pac feels like it's struggling the entire time while JBC feels like this phone was maybe even meant to run JellyBean. Still appreciate the good work, if google now and mms were working on JBC it'd be a no brainer for best rom for the optimus V imo.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why development on JBC is halted but PAC is continuing? The JBC rom runs much much smoother on my phone and it's not even close, Pac feels like it's struggling the entire time while JBC feels like this phone was maybe even meant to run JellyBean. Still appreciate the good work, if google now and mms were working on JBC it'd be a no brainer for best rom for the optimus V imo.

Gotta use PAC-rom for MMS... as for Google Now...it works, just can't use Google Now Voice... I heard that you could using some modified system files but that was for the ICS-specific port I think, never tried that on JB...

Another question ... I have some paid apps thanks to a Google Play gift card. I have updated Tweetcaster Pro, Falcon and SwiftKey. When I reboot, they disappear... how to fix that or do I restore the previous backup of those apps on TB, update 'em again, update those backups, reboot, which means it'll disappear again and then restore via TB?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a reboot or 2? Int2ext used to need a reboot or 2 before the radio would work. I can't remember if I did last time I flashed

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you try a reboot or 2? Int2ext used to need a reboot or 2 before the radio would work. I can't remember if I did last time I flashed

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Guess I could try. I just reflashed my Nandroid though. I didn't have to do that on any of JBC builds and not on Build 2 of PAC.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to drop in and say that PAC-Rom is amazing. Back in the day I created and maintained the Bumblebee rom and kernel for the OV but sadly my personal and professional responsibilities required me to step away (my apologies to any and all for dropping out like that, but I had no choice at the time). Anyway, I've still been hanging on to my OV and flashing stuff when I had the chance, and I am very impressed with all the work thekraven has been doing.

I will say that using the int2ext scripts can be a crap-shoot. The "fixed" version floated about is actually not very "fixed" IMHO. The way the data is moved around in the script (and the original as well) is not very robust and can lead to errors cropping up on reboots along with data corruption. For anyone who's been having problems I am attaching my version of the script in the hopes it might help. Note: this is just the script itself, not a flashable zip. Just adb push it to /system/etc/init.d/ and set root:shell ownership and 755 permissions.

Since implementing this version of the script, I haven't had any problems after reboots (no suddenly-missing apps, or apps with missing settings, or getting prompted to re-enter your user details after reboot, etc).

I also recommend flashing the rom (with gapps and virgin fix if needed) and booting into it "plain" at least once before installing and booting with the int2ext script.

Anyway, awesome work on this rom! It has definitely given some extra months of life on the old workhorse. :D

EDIT: removed attachment, new version in post 378 on page 16

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Definitely been a long time since I saw you around these forums obi. I was only just barely rooted when you maintained bumblebee. IHO was where I learned most of what I now know. Anyways it's good to see you still hanging around here

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Good to know your still alive obi. I was only a lurker back then, I used your ROM quite a bit. Thanks!

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to drop in and say that PAC-Rom is amazing. Back in the day I created and maintained the Bumblebee rom and kernel for the OV but sadly my personal and professional responsibilities required me to step away (my apologies to any and all for dropping out like that, but I had no choice at the time). Anyway, I've still been hanging on to my OV and flashing stuff when I had the chance, and I am very impressed with all the work thekraven has been doing.

I will say that using the int2ext scripts can be a crap-shoot. The "fixed" version floated about is actually not very "fixed" IMHO. The way the data is moved around in the script (and the original as well) is not very robust and can lead to errors cropping up on reboots along with data corruption. For anyone who's been having problems I am attaching my version of the script in the hopes it might help. Note: this is just the script itself, not a flashable zip. Just adb push it to /system/etc/init.d/ and set root:shell ownership and 755 permissions.

Since implementing this version of the script, I haven't had any problems after reboots (no suddenly-missing apps, or apps with missing settings, or getting prompted to re-enter your user details after reboot, etc).

I also recommend flashing the rom (with gapps and virgin fix if needed) and booting into it "plain" at least once before installing and booting with the int2ext script.

Anyway, awesome work on this rom! It has definitely given some extra months of life on the old workhorse. :D

View attachment 64378

Likely a dumb question...or two, but gotta know, your version of the script...is it INT2EXT or the + version? And can it be updated over an existing one?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Likely a dumb question...or two, but gotta know, your version of the script...is it INT2EXT or the + version? And can it be updated over an existing one?

So the difference between INT2EXT and INT2EXT+ is that /data/data is kept on internal[SUP][1][/SUP] in the + version, otherwise they are identical. The script I posted keeps /data/data on internal so I guess that qualifies as a "+" version. If you need the non-+ version (i.e. where /data/data is moved to /sd-ext and not kept on internal), it's an easy fix. Just open the script in a text editor and change line 45 from "for d in data nvram property radio; do" to "for d in nvram property radio; do" (just take the word "data" out of the line). Hmm, tell you what. This evening I will make flashable zips of both versions and post them.

And to answer your second question, this script should replace the existing 40int2ext script in /system/etc/init.d/ which admittedly is not the easiest thing to do without a flashable zip. If you want to go ahead and try it before I post the flashable zip later tonight, you can do it with these adb commands:
Code:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb shell rm -f /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb push 40int2ext.obijohn.txt /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

Of course the "adb push" command needs to be done in the same directory where you've got the 40int2ext.obijohn.txt file. When you're done, just reboot and you should be good to go.

[1] "kept on internal" is a slight-of-hand. The script actually swaps the mount points of /data and /sd-ext so everything on /data is on /sd-ext after the mount swap at the beginning of the script. But for technical reasons a couple of subfolders are then moved back to the internal mount point (like /data/radio). So "kept on internal" actually means that it is added to the list of subfolders that are moved back to the internal mount point.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So the difference between INT2EXT and INT2EXT+ is that /data/data is kept on internal[SUP][1][/SUP] in the + version, otherwise they are identical. The script I posted keeps /data/data on internal so I guess that qualifies as a "+" version. If you need the non-+ version (i.e. where /data/data is moved to /sd-ext and not kept on internal), it's an easy fix. Just open the script in a text editor and change line 45 from "for d in data nvram property radio; do" to "for d in nvram property radio; do" (just take the word "data" out of the line). Hmm, tell you what. This evening I will make flashable zips of both versions and post them.

And to answer your second question, this script should replace the existing 40int2ext script in /system/etc/init.d/ which admittedly is not the easiest thing to do without a flashable zip. If you want to go ahead and try it before I post the flashable zip later tonight, you can do it with these adb commands:
Code:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb shell rm -f /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb push 40int2ext.obijohn.txt /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell chown root.shell /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/40int2ext
adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

Of course the "adb push" command needs to be done in the same directory where you've got the 40int2ext.obijohn.txt file. When you're done, just reboot and you should be good to go.

[1] "kept on internal" is a slight-of-hand. The script actually swaps the mount points of /data and /sd-ext so everything on /data is on /sd-ext after the mount swap at the beginning of the script. But for technical reasons a couple of subfolders are then moved back to the internal mount point (like /data/radio). So "kept on internal" actually means that it is added to the list of subfolders that are moved back to the internal mount point.

Thanks and awesome! If I do this by hand, should I reboot into recovery and wipe Dalvik or it should be OK (i prefer the + version...I've tried the non + versions and they cause a pretty considerable lag as data/data builds)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is the link to 4.2 gapps dead? This is my first time flashing this ROM and I haven't been on this forum for a while so I haven't been following very closely.

Sent from my Nexus 7

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

feenom

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
No, just saying my cm10.1 builds are old and don't have the Virgin mms code. But pac rom has the latest cm10.1 with the newer code.

You can experiment and copy over the telephony-opt.jar file from the PAC-rom frameworks folder into the cm10.1 rom zip , then reflash or push to your phone

Just wanted to say that this did end up working. I replaced telephony-common.jar in the JBC with the one from Pac and can now send/receive mms just fine. I would gladly upload it so others can just flash without having to do anything, with permission of course.

Last edited:

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't able to post the flashable zips the other night. When I got home, my dsl was down. Of course AT&T blamed it on my 3rd-party modem. After 3 calls over 2 days I finally got them to agree to send someone out. Turns out it was a problem at their switch. *shock*

On the positive side, being without internet for 2 nights allowed me to completely rewrite the int2ext script. There is also now a log file created on each boot at /data/int2ext.log (it's actually written to /cache/int2ext.log but then moved to /data after the script has run). This will make it easier to spot any problems that might have occurred.

A couple of points. It's not really possible to switch from int2ext+ to int2ext or vise versa. You'll need a full wipe. Technically, a one-time boot script could be written to do it, but just changing which version of the int2ext script you're using will surely result in a mess. Also, this has already been mentioned, but be sure to flash the script AFTER you've booted into the rom at least once (preferrably twice). These are also fine to flash and use after you've already installed some apps or adjusted settings in existing apps, as long as you haven't been using any kind of data-to-sd script.

(see the attachments for the zips)

md5sum int2ext_obijohn_signed.zip
db484dbb195fceb96d15c5a9fdfe7b4b

md5sum int2ext+_obijohn_signed.zip
7159b5b7acc34ba06a7c61202eef4f74

Attachments

• int2ext_obijohn_signed.zip
    157.6 KB · Views: 54
  • int2ext+_obijohn_signed.zip
    157.6 KB · Views: 148

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't able to post the flashable zips the other night. When I got home, my dsl was down. Of course AT&T blamed it on my 3rd-party modem. After 3 calls over 2 days I finally got them to agree to send someone out. Turns out it was a problem at their switch. *shock*

On the positive side, being without internet for 2 nights allowed me to completely rewrite the int2ext script. There is also now a log file created on each boot at /data/int2ext.log (it's actually written to /cache/int2ext.log but then moved to /data after the script has run). This will make it easier to spot any problems that might have occurred.

A couple of points. It's not really possible to switch from int2ext+ to int2ext or vise versa. You'll need a full wipe. Technically, a one-time boot script could be written to do it, but just changing which version of the int2ext script you're using will surely result in a mess. Also, this has already been mentioned, but be sure to flash the script AFTER you've booted into the rom at least once (preferrably twice). These are also fine to flash and use after you've already installed some apps or adjusted settings in existing apps, as long as you haven't been using any kind of data-to-sd script.

(see the attachments for the zips)

md5sum int2ext_obijohn_signed.zip
db484dbb195fceb96d15c5a9fdfe7b4b

md5sum int2ext+_obijohn_signed.zip
7159b5b7acc34ba06a7c61202eef4f74

Suh-weet. But I would have to rebuild my ROM setup from scratch to flash this?