[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm running 245/825 SmartyV2 (I find the real name somewhat offensive) and it seems pretty snappy and stable. Camera works fine. But this probably marks the max and I will have to step down two from here. At 844 the camera forced a reboot.

Yeah, you have to tinker around with it to find what works for you - stability tends to vary from device to device among the Optimus S & V. I like to go 480/864 Performance, but I've since found that while having the max at 825 or even 768 isn't as zippy, it *usually* seems to be more stable.

CaptainPackers

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Can I use Link2sd with this Rom? Can I use a CWM recovery? Is there a universal installer like the one for COT? I don't really want to shag around with an abd push and flash command sequence. I've seen them posted and don't understand it and frankly it scares me a little. Is there a good way to track battery and CPU temp and battery drain to test various clocking settings, and CPU freqs. I installed no frills but it only shows 5 seconds of data. What good is that? And what are the two icons in the upper right for? They both seem to do the same thing, collect the last 5 seconds of data. I would have thought that the clock icon would give a more complete history

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Can I use Link2sd with this Rom? Can I use a CWM recovery? Is there a universal installer like the one for COT? I don't really want to shag around with an abd push and flash command sequence. I've seen them posted and don't understand it and frankly it scares me a little. Is there a good way to track battery and CPU temp and battery drain to test various clocking settings, and CPU freqs. I installed no frills but it only shows 5 seconds of data. What good is that? And what are the two icons in the upper right for? They both seem to do the same thing, collect the last 5 seconds of data. I would have thought that the clock icon would give a more complete history

No need to use Link2SD seeing as how this ROM includes the INT2EXT+ script, which gives you more space than L2SD can, provided that you have an ext4 partition.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
What is tap a talk? I see lots of people using it but I don't see it in google play.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm surprised you don't see it in Google Play. Search "tapatalk". Anyway it's a forum app. For example, you use the AC forum app, which is basically Tapatalk but only one forum. Tapatalk is an app that browses forums (AC, Phandroid, and xda-developers are a few of the biggest forums on the Tapatalk app).

If you still can't find it in Google Play, just search online "tapatalk" and you'll quickly get introduced to it.

Here's the official Google Play link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&token=e3b9Ulz8

Here are some screenshots of both my Tapatalk (version 2 for Gingerbread) and the one on Google Play (version 4 for Android 4+)

e8eze7yn.jpg

u3ubepen.jpg

vasavenu.jpg

CaptainPackers

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm about ready to throw in the towel and concede that my phone is destined to spend the rest of it's life in the gingerbread house. I've tried almost every conceivable combination of min/max/gov settings under the sun and I still suffer from frequent reboots. It seems like if the max is too high, apps will cause a reboot while in use, or changing system settings will cause a reboot. But if I set it too low, I can't turn off Blue Toothe (BT) without forcing a reboot. Has anyone else seen or heard of this? Is there a BT patch? Seems like I may have some BT firmware instabilities. Even on GB, I freqently got error messages that there was some kind of BT error and it had to close. But I could always just press the OK button and ignore it and it would continue. Non-functional BT is a show stopper for me. I wonder if a different ROM might work better for me.

... appreciate any feedback

On Wisconsin!
CaptainPackers

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Just changed the display brightness and it rebooted.

Don't fret, we may not have your specific issue, but we all each have our very own issues with any ROM above GB.

For example, I must have GB until I can buy a new phone because I must have Google+ working. So alas, I'm stuck using MiRaGe.

Some of us even go as far as to install Froyo again. Anyway just letting you know you're not alone.

Edit: If you want a phone that's almost exactly like this one but everything is better on it (ram and processor are awesome on it) look on Amazon for the LG Optimus Elite. It's only around 40 bucks. It runs anything like butter on SlimRom. I rooted my uncle's like a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
1) Does the speaker phone functionality work on this ROM for the Optimus S? It's not listed as a bug in the OP but seems to be listed as a bug in the comments.

2) Are there any other unresolved (unworked-around) bugs?

CaptainPackers

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had a lot of problems with my V rebooting whenever I turn the Blue Tooth off. It was soo bad that I eventually gave up on this ROM and am now using Bob Z's jb, which seems a bit more stable for me. It's using CM 10.0. I've read about others having similar issues with stability with CM 10.1 over on xda forum. They had better luck with 10.0 as well. I'm not sure which version this ROM is using.

CaptainPackers

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't install any more apps. I'm getting insufficient storage errors. What's up with that? I thought the int2sd script was supposed to give me lots of storage? I'm not sure int2sd is working right. It's like it's not reporting to the system the real amount of available space. When I go to the Settings|Apps, it first shows like less than 20 MB of available space. Then after a delay, it starts adjusting and eventually shows 70 MB available. But it's like it doesn't report this back to the System because I can't install any more apps or even updates. Can anyone offer some help or advice?

Do I need to create another partition on my sd card? My file manager does not show an external_sd storage device, only sdcard0. Isn't that the internal SD card that only has a few hundred MB of storage?

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk

Last edited:

svenjoypro

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I looked through this thread but didn't see anything about this, I have an issue where my 3g disconnects and won't reconnect until I turn it off then back on. I seem to have this issue with all Android 4.x versions (I'm using the Optimus V - Virgin Mobile). Is there a fix for this? Thanks for the rom, pretty slick.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have a wotking link for Build 4? The Goo site just keeps recycling the countdwn and the Goo Manager app kicks bask an invalid MD5 sum.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

zwhirl

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Instead of using links in OP, try manually browsing to goo.im/devs/thekraven/LS670/slimrom first and clicking Build 4 link from there. Just tried it again and it downloaded with correct md5sum.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, finally got it to work.

I was on this ROM before squids KitKat and JBC builds. I loved it so gonna put it on wife"s phone.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

jordash25

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Does this have the ext2int script? I read through this thread and someone stated is does!? I have a ext4 partition but the internal storage isnt reflecting the change. Can someone help me please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201