ROMs For LG Optimus V?

BryceAllen51

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey AC Community. Just wondering whta some of the most popular ROMs are for the LG Optimus V. Im currently running CM7.2 BACKside IHO.
I like this one but i wissh i could change the theme more. Someone help me out? Thanks!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The Best Froyo ROM is the Resurrected Bumblebee.
The Best Gingerbread ROM is the MiRaGe.
The Best ICS is ROM is the CAI
The Best Jellybean is the SlimRom and a Galaxy S4 themed variant of it, Bean_Whiz.

The CAI and SlimRom are both in the S forum. The Dev has included a Virgin Mobile patch.

I currently am running the Bean_Whiz on my V.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Try the Bean_Whiz or the SlimRom (Jellybean). The only thing not working is the speaker phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Is the performance affected? Like is it slower than MiRaGe? If so, is it alot or just a lil slower?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice any difference in performance as long as I keep a watch on my RAM. I have only overclocked to 480MHz - 729MHz with interactiveX governor.
The 2.2.2CX version is pretty stable and smooth.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Cool, Ill give it a try. What do I clear when flashing? Is it dalvik and cache only?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wipe everything and format everything but the SD card.
Format options are in the mounts and storage section.

BryceAllen51

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up keeping backSIDE ROM with CM7.2, really like this one. In my opinion, Mirage SUCKED. But yeah to any newcomers, I HIGHLY suggest backSIDE IHO. But DO NOT FLASH GREEN MACHINE THEME.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey AC Community. Just wondering whta some of the most popular ROMs are for the LG Optimus V. Im currently running CM7.2 BACKside IHO.
I like this one but i wissh i could change the theme more. Someone help me out? Thanks!

If you're runnin backside rom then you should have the theme chooser app, there are literally hundreds of different themes you can download from the playstore. Just make sure they're for cm7 and mdpi.

On another note, MiRaGe rom is way better than backside. MiRaGe still has a dev lookin after it (thanks mrg666) ,backside is a dinosaur without a dev ...just my opinion, but i wouldn't be telling new members to run backside!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also curious to find out? Mirage has been rock solid every time I've used it. Backside Was good but it has unfixed bugs and security holes that have been addressed in Mirage. They're both cm7.2 soo... What's not to like about it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
May i ask, why? :confused:

I'm also curious to find out? Mirage has been rock solid every time I've used it. Backside Was good but it has unfixed bugs and security holes that have been addressed in Mirage. They're both cm7.2 soo... What's not to like about it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

In my experience, MiRaGe had a little tiny problem that I deemed too important in my opinion. Forgot what it was.

But now I'm using BobZhome CM7.2 RC1, and since reading this thread I'm severely curious about SlimRom. Fixing to try it out.

As far as KitKat goes, there's only one ROM and it's still in development. Still has a few bugs but damn near everything works. Bit more battery drain than I'm used to.