S10+ with RCS and T-Mobile April 2020

tribexx

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

So I am a Textra user with other random Samsung users and Iphone users on Verizon and Tmobile. I switch back and forth between having Textra (80% of the time) as default, and I am recently using Google Messages (the rest). I continue to get video/photos from Iphone users and it's super grainy.

I've done some limited research about how TMO now supports RCS, and also that they don't. That they do with Google Messages, except with S10 Series, and that they don't, but I should use Textra as it does. As a user who receives grainy Textra video text from Iphone users, just checking on the latest status from any S10+ T-Mobile users to see if this feature is working on not.

And by working, I mean just Setting->blah, not side load install, API download, Developer Mode, or have Everyone you know go in to Settings on their phone type stuff...Looking on the TMO site, it said RCS is supported for "these Devices", but the link was just the Devices link. When I go in to the Chat Features of Google Messages for my S10+, it says it's not supported...

thanks (I included the date in the subject so that people can see any answers as of this month. Sometimes I get pointed to 2018 articles that don't help.)

Thanks for any assistance...

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes my tmo s10-plus rcs works with Samsung stock messages app with other Samsung users (that also have their rcs/chat enabled). Ive also done the workaround with Google messages so it's chat works. I have not got any rcs from iPhone users. Tried textra about 2 mos ago and no rcs/chat for me. I've read Google has to allow other devs the needed info/code/etc to have their rcs features working.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Google messages - universal rcs, will work with anyone who has Google messages
Samsung messages - TMobile rcs. will only work with other TMobile using Samsung messages, and sprint.
Textra - rcs is n/a as are all third party text options.
Imessage - will not support rcs, and will always be antagonist towards Android messaging.

download telegram for cross platform high quality content sharing.

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm stock samsung texting app has RCS functional with other samsung phones on tmobile/metro. Can not confirm if it works across any other carriers. I do not get message notification on my android auto with RCS enabled messages but suspect that is android auto issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54