S3 Nubie need some help.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have spent 3 days with my S3 love it. This morning i opened the camera app a snap a quick picture of something that caught my attention on the way to work. I go into the camera settings to turn on the flash since it was still dark out and the flash wont turn on when i take a picture in a very low light enviorment. Am i missing something or did i discover a new issue? Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
What other settings are you on? If you are on one of the scene modes it may not let the flash function, or burst mode for that matter. I just have mine on single shot with the flash on, no scene mode, and stuck it under my desk in the dark and it fired fine.

Keep in mind camera autofocus systems work by contrast detection. So you may still not get a clean shot of what you are looking for if the light isn't enough for accurate focus.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What other settings are you on? If you are on one of the scene modes it may not let the flash function, or burst mode for that matter. I just have mine on single shot with the flash on, no scene mode, and stuck it under my desk in the dark and it fired fine.

Keep in mind camera autofocus systems work by contrast detection. So you may still not get a clean shot of what you are looking for if the light isn't enough for accurate focus.

I have it set to single shot with flash on and no scene mode in very low light on purpose. Once the screen brackets turn green i tap the button the picture is taken, but the flash didnt fire.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does the flash go off in complete darkness? If not test the flash with the flashlight widget that comes pre loaded on the phone. If that is good then go into menu <settings <application <manager <all <camera <force stop then reopen the camera, you may wanna clear data as well in there.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does the flash go off in complete darkness? If not test the flash with the flashlight widget that comes pre loaded on the phone. If that is good then go into menu <settings <application <manager <all <camera <force stop then reopen the camera, you may wanna clear data as well in there.

The flash doesnt fire in total darkness. But when i use the stock flash light widget it turns on after 15-20 secs seems like a lag and its very faint

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky