S7 Nougat update postponed

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I went to edit my original post but it wouldn't save. I meant to say it is unlocked UK phones purchased through carriers.

I too have XEU and purchased via carphone warehouse.

Using the about phone app from the playstore what's shown in your available csc section. I'm asking because my phone came from the Samsung Experience Store which is basically Cpw. Mines blank.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Using the about phone app from the playstore what's shown in your available csc section. I'm asking because my phone came from the Samsung Experience Store which is basically Cpw. Mines blank.
here's a screenshot of what I see, I got mine through the Samsung experience shop as well
Screenshot_20170126-190120.jpg

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm kinda glad yours is like mine :)

I was looking and the blank section in available csc codes stood out.

On a side note I've just had an email from Cpw advising Samsung are taking over the Experience Stores from 1/3/17.
Did you pre order yours, I did and I had to suffer the fiasco of one minute my phone was definitely there and the next it wasn't.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I find it hilarious how people keep complaining about the update and saying Samsung are late, yet even the ZTE Axon 7, a phone at some point labelled the best in 2016 STILL doesn't have Nougat! The HTC 10 Nougat update only recently began rolling out, and is now paused due to issues.

Moto Z and Z Force Nougat update in US, Canada and China only out now.

It seems most OEMs are updating now in January.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's not that I don't have the update that's so frustrating, its the lack of info coming from Samsung. Why cant they say either way when they expect to release for each CSC code.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I posted this on another thread as well..
Question for Verizon folks on nougat with their s7 or s7 edge... does it give you the option to block texts? I have a moto z force as well as an s7 edge and my z force before nougat only allowed call blocking.. after nougat i can block both...thanks !

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This gives apple the edge over android devices with updates sent to every phone with very little issues. Why can't these manufacturers get their act together like Apple! What a shame

Bigriggy63

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This gives apple the edge over android devices with updates sent to every phone with very little issues. Why can't these manufacturers get their act together like Apple! What a shame
That's absolutely untrue. Apple faces all kinds of issues with their updates too. Most of the time, I have seen data deletion issues, bricking, etc. It seems as though many Apple users aren't as vocal, due to the fact that they are in a locked down ecosystem.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

Yes Apple release iOS pretty much to all on a stated date.

Their Firmware can be more stable as obviously they create their own iOS for their own devices.

The Networks are not permitted to get involved and tinker with it so no delays in that respect although in the U.K the Networks have a say in the Carrier Update part.

However.....

It's not always available to all models of iPhones.
Some new features are not always available to all iPhones.
I've known an iOS update so slow down the iPhone and make it stutter.
Apple's Servers crash when the iOS is launched as lots clamber to get it.
iPhones have suffered in the past from 'No Network' or 'No Wifi'after updating the iOS.

All the above I've experienced from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That's absolutely untrue. Apple faces all kinds of issues with their updates too. Most of the time, I have seen data deletion issues, bricking, etc. It seems as though many Apple users aren't as vocal, due to the fact that they are in a locked down ecosystem.

Yes Apple release iOS pretty much to all on a stated date.

Their Firmware can be more stable as obviously they create their own iOS for their own devices.

The Networks are not permitted to get involved and tinker with it so no delays in that respect although in the U.K the Networks have a say in the Carrier Update part.

However.....

It's not always available to all models of iPhones.
Some new features are not always available to all iPhones.
I've known an iOS update so slow down the iPhone and make it stutter.
Apple's Servers crash when the iOS is launched as lots clamber to get it.
iPhones have suffered in the past from 'No Network' or 'No Wifi'after updating the iOS.

All the above I've experienced from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Every phone can have issues with updates .. As in it can have a bug. NO phone is immune to this.

Apple can push the update to all devices because they control 100% of the device. With Android the various manufactures can modify/tweak and do what they want (TouchWiz is an example) so there are extra steps with updating an Android device.