Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

o Alterian o

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
The way that this is unfolding has me wondering and thinking that they're going to screw people over when they mail their phones in. This is just the preorder/shipping and they couldnt get that right.

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The way that this is unfolding has me wondering and thinking that they're going to screw people over when they mail their phones in. This is just the preorder/shipping and they couldnt get that right.

I'm very tempted to cancel my order and just walk into a local store and buy the phone. Or at least order from Best Buy and get it Wednesday. I only ordered thru Samsung to get the 425 back for an iPhone 5s. But if they're gonna screw us on trade ins I might as well just g that route.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm very tempted to cancel my order and just walk into a local store and buy the phone. Or at least order from Best Buy and get it Wednesday. I only ordered thru Samsung to get the 425 back for an iPhone 5s. But if they're gonna screw us on trade ins I might as well just g that route.

Why keep harping on these trade ins? No one has reported they've been screwed. At least wait and see and not build of other people's speculative thoughts. If you wanna give up $425, go right ahead, but I think it'll be fine as long as people met the requirements. I sent in an iPhone 5 by the way. It has already been received and I haven't heard anything yet or been charged any extra money. Don't know what'll happen, but I'm not one to assume the worst.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You might get more info if you download the fedex app. Or the UPS app incase they chose that courier.
btw whats the status of your order then?

Yep, so far seems like extimated ship date for the unlocked phones may very well be Oct, 1.

I was told by a supervisor yesterday it would be the 1st week of Oct, although there is a possibility of earlier delivery.

Edward Weldon1

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I preordered my N8 yesterday (the 14th) from Best Buy. 10am today (the 15th) I walked out with my new N8. People were coming in off the street and purchasing them. 15 minutes later I was approved for my preorder promo gear. So glad I cancel my order with Samsung. :)

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Used the Note 7 promo and ordered with a “will ship by 9/15” notice on it then today I got the email saying there was a shipping delay and that my phone would ship next week. Crap.

tmacgarris6727

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Used the Note 7 promo and ordered with a “will ship by 9/15” notice on it then today I got the email saying there was a shipping delay and that my phone would ship next week. Crap.

I ordered my Sprint note 8 on the 13th and received a shipping notification from FedEx saying my note will be here Tuesday I did free shipping too I'm surprised it ship lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm glad I used Capital One then. With them they can waive a stop from a certain Merchant. also Samsung says you must update payment within 8 hours to prevent delays, but then don't allow you to update payment until days later...they need to get their stuff together. I never would have preordered from Samsung if it wasn't for the Note 7 deal
Jerk never even called me back. Samsung Direct is the worst.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I preordered my N8 yesterday (the 14th) from Best Buy. 10am today (the 15th) I walked out with my new N8. People were coming in off the street and purchasing them. 15 minutes later I was approved for my preorder promo gear. So glad I cancel my order with Samsung. :)

My local store didn't even have unlocked versions available for in store pickup. Then again they never have anything in stock. It's an old persons town. I would have had my Note 8 on 9/7 if it wasn't for Irma delaying it a week. The s8 Plus I got it right on time as everyone else did so I can't really complain that much about Samsung. However, with all the problems people are having with the orders I will probably just buy unlocked from best buy next time or order at a Tmobile store since there likely won't be a trade in deal anyway.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Well... Lesson Learned. Never pre-order anything from Samsung UK directly.

I Pre-Ordered my Dual-Sim Note 8 on August 23rd, the same day it was announced and it seems it got delayed by 2 weeks. I know some people who ordered the same model on the same day and they got theirs on Friday as expected. It's like Samsung had only a 100 of them in stock... Why? Why do such a stupid thing? Anyone can just walk into carphone warehouse and pick one up right now, but people who pre-ordered are getting punished?

Is it to brag that "It's so popular, even the pre-orders are out of stock"? Pathetic.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well... Lesson Learned. Never pre-order anything from Samsung UK directly.

I Pre-Ordered my Dual-Sim Note 8 on August 23rd, the same day it was announced and it seems it got delayed by 2 weeks. I know some people who ordered the same model on the same day and they got theirs on Friday as expected. It's like Samsung had only a 100 of them in stock... Why? Why do such a stupid thing? Anyone can just walk into carphone warehouse and pick one up right now, but people who pre-ordered are getting punished?

Is it to brag that "It's so popular, even the pre-orders are out of stock"? Pathetic.
No one is being punished, that's a ridiculous comparison.

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So after getting the notice that my phone won’t ship till some time next week I read a comment that said to check Samsung’s site anyway and lo and behold my phone did ship. It’s scheduled for delivery on the 19th.

123spongebob123

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Check out my theory on the delays on shipments for pre orders:
Samsung under estimated the demand for Note 8 per order sales based on press that Note 8 sales were higher than Note 7 pre order numbers. Samsung as a company now will have lower inventory for September 15th sales to public. If here was a shortgae, which sounds like there is, and people were waiting for the re lease and hear or no Note 8 are available a lot of people who were waiting or were researching and were close on going either way on V30 or new iPhone as well as others would move to buy another flagship phone. Also other companies would market their phones aggressively to steal Note 8 buyers. Also Samsung would get damaging press coverage of underestimating sales and get bad coverage which would also move customers to buy other flagship phones.
So Samsung has to make a "business" decision of what to do. I think they decided to take the pre sales inventory and delay those Note 8 orders and make sure the stores has ample inventories so they will not lose market share to other flagships. I think basing that decision on loyalty of Note 8 buyers loyalty. Figure if they lose 50% or so of pre order sales they are that much ahead of losing store sales.
I read these threads on delays and most of "us" will ride it out based on fear of not getting the Note 8.
What was worse and makes me thin this way was the way customer service handled no tracking information available. They kept stating you will get the phone September 14th. The latest response from Samsung on the 15th was next week no firm commitment on when gives them more time to build more Note 8's. Now stores has our inventory and can keep Note 8 buyers going elsewhere. Samsung customer services response when I called on the 15th was I have 3 options:wait-cancel-or go to store and carrier to buy it now.
Loyalty customers have the most to lose by cancelling-
Loyalty Note 7 customers have the most to LOSE! We lose the $425 discount if cancel and buy now Where are we going?
I would love to find out if the people who ordered with the $425 discount received their orders early. If correct the majority of people still waiting would be us.
I am going to start thread asking, might be interesting.
Either way I think the way customer service treated me was terrible and Samsung Business decision if correct says a lot. Still never received an explanation of why.
If correct it really bothers me that people who waited and buying phones as of the 15th one of them has my Note 8 and I ordered on the 24th as loyal customer highly anticipating having and using my phone before the 14th as a possibility, or at least having it by the 14th and someone else who waited is enjoying the phone now while I am not a happy camper.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Visit site
So after getting the notice that my phone won’t ship till some time next week...
At least you go a notice of some kind. Samsung sent me an email on 14th saying my order was in progress... And that's it. Been in progress for 3 days now.

No one is being punished, that's a ridiculous comparison.
Well that's certainly what it feels like at least. Samsung couldn't even be bothered to send a notification of some kind. Had to check my order status myself to see that It's "Expected to ship in 14 days". Instead I got a newsletter saying that Note 8 was out... Yes I know that newsletters are not related to the store, but trolled I have been regardless.

At least Amazon bothers sending an auto-generated apology for any delays when they happen.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is a global problem really... Maybe it does have to do with Irma. I'm in Toronto Canada, ordered on September 13th (late Wednesday night), and just got shipping confirmation that it is in transit with Purolator late last night (Friday night).

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Check out my theory on the delays on shipments for pre orders:
Samsung under estimated the demand for Note 8 per order sales based on press that Note 8 sales were higher than Note 7 pre order numbers. Samsung as a company now will have lower inventory for September 15th sales to public. If here was a shortgae, which sounds like there is, and people were waiting for the re lease and hear or no Note 8 are available a lot of people who were waiting or were researching and were close on going either way on V30 or new iPhone as well as others would move to buy another flagship phone. Also other companies would market their phones aggressively to steal Note 8 buyers. Also Samsung would get damaging press coverage of underestimating sales and get bad coverage which would also move customers to buy other flagship phones.
So Samsung has to make a "business" decision of what to do. I think they decided to take the pre sales inventory and delay those Note 8 orders and make sure the stores has ample inventories so they will not lose market share to other flagships. I think basing that decision on loyalty of Note 8 buyers loyalty. Figure if they lose 50% or so of pre order sales they are that much ahead of losing store sales.
I read these threads on delays and most of "us" will ride it out based on fear of not getting the Note 8.
What was worse and makes me thin this way was the way customer service handled no tracking information available. They kept stating you will get the phone September 14th. The latest response from Samsung on the 15th was next week no firm commitment on when gives them more time to build more Note 8's. Now stores has our inventory and can keep Note 8 buyers going elsewhere. Samsung customer services response when I called on the 15th was I have 3 options:wait-cancel-or go to store and carrier to buy it now.
Loyalty customers have the most to lose by cancelling-
Loyalty Note 7 customers have the most to LOSE! We lose the $425 discount if cancel and buy now Where are we going?
I would love to find out if the people who ordered with the $425 discount received their orders early. If correct the majority of people still waiting would be us.
I am going to start thread asking, might be interesting.
Either way I think the way customer service treated me was terrible and Samsung Business decision if correct says a lot. Still never received an explanation of why.
If correct it really bothers me that people who waited and buying phones as of the 15th one of them has my Note 8 and I ordered on the 24th as loyal customer highly anticipating having and using my phone before the 14th as a possibility, or at least having it by the 14th and someone else who waited is enjoying the phone now while I am not a happy camper.
True I am going to wait it out. Samsung knows this is the best deal we have and as such doesn't really have anything to loose here. We complain and they ship late or they loose sales to iPhones. They are looking out for the extra sales and not the loyalty of the customer.

When the note 10 comes around it will happen all over again