Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Screen issue

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion Samsung should have done a better job with the screen scratching issue. You shouldn't need a screen protector on an "active phone"
You don't need one. I remember when all screens were plastic and scratches were just part of life. Plastic screens just scratch easier period.

Since I don't want to look at a scratchy screen I got a glass screen protector but it definitely isn't necessary.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You don't need one. I remember when all screens were plastic and scratches were just part of life. Plastic screens just scratch easier period.

Since I don't want to look at a scratchy screen I got a glass screen protector but it definitely isn't necessary.

Gotcha

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
On the Samsung site they show a replacement for the added plastic...I put mine in a case almost right away, with a screen protector on it. I still want to put a slab of glass over it..just an added layer cant hurt

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Check out this case its the one I'm using now and is amazing.. the front of it does not look like the photo it actually looks much better its all screen protector from top to bottom and the port covers are nice. Wireless charging works great with it as well. Thinking of getting another just to add some color for fun.

thunkdeep

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
On my 3rd S7 Active phone and am still having the same issue with the screen. On the lower left quarter of the screen a 'smudge' appears, it looks like a thumb print but no matter what I do it doesn't come out. I have a feeling the the processor is located behind this part of the screen and the heat is making it happen. At this point it's happened to 3 phones so I'm just going to wait till Samsung figures out the issue.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I have this issue. I sent the phone for repair and Samsung denied it was anything more than a normal smudge. It will not wipe off. It is not normal. I am so irritated. This is my last Samsung.

Last edited:

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I actually posted a question to the guy that left the review asking if he bought it for a standard s7 or an active...my bet it he bought it for the wrong phone. Just got this case in the mail today...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FZX1N9...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314212 its ok...feels a bit slippery in the hand and not as comfortable as my unicorn beetle. So far the unicorn beetle is my go to case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GODWI7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314212 btw the screen protector goes from top to bottom of the phone, you can see the face and of your phone there are no plastic coverings...

Chris Hofert

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my S7 Active a month after purchase, the AT&T device support at the store said it was probably from the battery heating up, had it replaced and now about a month after replacement it is happening again to the new one!

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you called directly to Samsung or used Samsung+ to do a video chat with them, I bet they would bend over backwards for you at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001