Samsung Stratosphere: Email stuck in outbox

MT1414

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am using the email app that came with the phone. I have a message in one of my outboxes that I deleted but it still keeps trying to send over and over 24/7. The message is not visible because I deleted it, so I can't go into it to edit or re-delete. When I try to send all outgoing messages, all it says is Sending Failed : temporary server error, please try again later. If anyone could post a fix that doesn't involve deleting the email account, I would really appreciate it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Email stuck in outbox

It sounds to me that you should delete the email acct and then set it back up again and I am sure that will clear this issue. Only takes mins to set up an email acct again.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Or perhaps even easier, do Settings > Applications > Manage applications, find the e-mail app, and select Clear data. That should clear out the stuck e-mail.

Lozzark

May 15, 2013
Visit site

What a clever fellow you are! My problems: stuck email and non syncing sent box fixed in two seconds!

1BAMFR

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Airplane mode

Put your phone into airplane mode and you will be able to open the email in your Outbox....after you open it you can delete it!!!!

BostonMama

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the 'airplane mode' fix
. It not only worked I didn't have to delete settings, etc if I did it the other way (above).

Beckbt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

mine was stuck too and still after I put it into airplane mode... but I took the battery out and tried again while still in airplane mode and it worked! yay thanks for the advice :)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

If in Airplane mode email does not connect at all. I get a message Connection error
Ummm... yeah, that is correct. Airplane Mode disables ALL RADIOS in the device (Mobile Data, Voice, Text, WiFi, GPS, etc), there is no connectivity of any kind when in Airplane Mode. The idea is to toggle Airplane Mode on, wait a minute, then toggle it off and retry again, not leave it in Airplane Mode.

Airplane Mode is a little more unique than just toggling off individual radios in most devices... it actually unloads the drivers from memory, then toggling it off reloads the drivers again and often fixes off issues.

Paige Arambula

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem. 3 Emails listed in my Outbox. All have been deleted. None of the solutions listed have worked; deleting the Cache, Airplane Mode.... Did you get a resolution?

gail jeanne

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I use hotmail through my Android. Recently all sent messages get stuck in the outbox. I do get updated mail in the inbox. All the settings are correct. Help!!

Gabriela Graterol

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

From your e-mail app, click left navigator, go into the settings, and set the e-mail auto re-send to one time, once the outbox stops re-sending the email limitless, you can delete it once it fails one last time. Good luck!

maurice preskow

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I have a galaxy tab 3 phone and tablet..receiving emails but cannot send out..I am on flight mode and am in a wi fi area as I am away from my home

Last edited:

Redawg127

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

I have a verizon Nexus that holds emails in the outbox that I thought were sent and don't want to lose. There's over 32 in there and I don't want to delete my account is there any other way to send them?