Seidio Active Extended case

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
My Active extended case arrived yesterday. All in all installation was extremely easy. The rubberized part fit right over the phone snugly but not too snug that there had to be immense force used. After that the skeleton slid right on top. The case offers nice protection for the phone but with more than expected added bulk. As far as I can tell after a slight bump at work last night the protection is there and the added bulk is necessary to protect the phone. The kickstand is flimsy. It will hold the phone in a vertical and horizontal position. As far as the speaker being blocked, well it is but depending on your surroundings the sound is not really muted by the cases construction. In a noisy room or loud street however I did have trouble hearing my ringer and alarm. It looks east to cut a small hole in the exoskeleton piece to increase the sound if you are game to try a home mod and void your warranty. Lastly the buttons require a little amount of extra force to press through the rubberized part of the case but not that much extra. The power/lock button requires more force than the volume buttons and you must make sure the rubberized cover is out of the way before plugging in the phone to charge. If you don't then you risk the chance of the phone not being plugged in completely.

I also bought the holster. It is exactly the same as all of the other Seidio holsters. A couple of things about it that I am not completely satisfied with (I'm sure I'll get over them) is that the belt clip is a little big and it slides on my belt a lot. Alst the top clip that holds the phone inside the holster gets hung up on the rubber lining, in other words you cannot just press the phone into the holster you have to open the clip first then insert the phone and release the clip. That retaining clip also crosses over the power button but it appears not to actually press the button so no issues with that as of yet.

My opinion and rating on the case is an 8.5 out of 10 due to the sound issue and the way it fits into the active holster. Added bulk didn't bother me I think it protects the phone extremely well.

Reactions: lovy and lapeter

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I guess I am completely wrong. Contrary to another review.

I don't think your wrong. It's your view of the case. Everything is very preference based. There are people that don't understand using cases? WHY? I have no idea why they wouldn't want to use them haha. One thing i cannot use are holsters. So i know little to nothing about them. Good review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07