Sense 3.0

pfurlong33

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I know this question has been asked about a million times but we will get sense 3.0? I read that only dual core phones will get it but my girlfriend picked up the new HTC rhyme today and it is only a single core processor. Maybe there is hope for us after all.

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, the HTC issued version of Sense 3.0 seems to require a dual core processor because of the load it puts on the phone. However, ROM devs, like the ones who produce Virtuous, have it ported over to run on our single core processors. I don't know what they have pulled out of the stock software, but mine is running Unity really clean and fast, with Sense 3.0 as the interface. With this phone, root is definitely your friend, and the experience is night and day compared to the current VZW firmware.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It sounds doubtful but nobody knows for sure. I ran Virtuous Unity as well and it was really nice. If you're rooted, you could always flash that until such time as they push out 3.0, if ever.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the Rhyme is using a version of sense 3.5 right? I heard that they were slimming up future versions of Sense to work on phones with single core?

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Root if you want it, I did so yesterday and loaded up Virtuous Unity 2.39 and it runs great. The phone is much faster since ditching all the bloatware!

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I read in several of the comments on the Virtuous site that the Inc 2 was having problems on 2.39. I'm running 2.37, and it's way better than stock... Have you noticed any problems since you loaded your ROM?

Tapatalk on Inc 2

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sense 3.0 and even 3.5 can obviously be made to work on our device as there are a number of rooted roms that work on our device. It just up to HTC to make an official one for people that are not rooted. If one doesn't want to wait they could just root and have sense 3.0 now.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I read in several of the comments on the Virtuous site that the Inc 2 was having problems on 2.39. I'm running 2.37, and it's way better than stock... Have you noticed any problems since you loaded your ROM?

Tapatalk on Inc 2

I havent noticed any issues at all other than the main documented ones, namely the MMS issue which is easily fixed and just changing some icons so it says 3G instead of EVDO. Other than thos things I have not had a single issue and the phone is really fast now.

bodberry

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I havent noticed any issues at all other than the main documented ones, namely the MMS issue which is easily fixed and just changing some icons so it says 3G instead of EVDO. Other than thos things I have not had a single issue and the phone is really fast now.

I'm running 2.39 with no issues! Love this ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24